Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Toast King posted:

Imagine missing out on seeing a smug wizard killed by a wrestling move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Should have been me..

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

mycot posted:

It makes very little in-character sense to do unless you're roleplaying as Mr. Krabs because the only thing Lorrokhan offers upfront is money and an evil Tav/Durge probably had Aylin and Isobel killed during Act 2.
One of the replies in the demo video I watched was "He was a better negotiator". Like, come on.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's super funny that Lorroakan is only level 8 or whatever.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Lorrokhan is such a little bitch that it's kinda genius putting him in likely juxtaposition with Gale because he makes his aspirations of godhood less sympathetic just from association.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
You always know it's gonna be good when

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The only downside to fighting Lorrokhan is you don't get the backbreaker cutscene if the killing blow is from Disintegrate.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's super funny that Lorroakan is only level 8 or whatever.
Please tell me his stats are 18 INT 6 WIS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shumagorath posted:

Please tell me his stats are 18 INT 6 WIS

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I did Resist Durge and Selune Shadowheart and at the very end of the House of Grief, I saw what would happen if you hand Shadowheart over to Viconia with Minsc and Jahiera watching! It was a pretty bleak scene with minimal reward. D:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mycot posted:

It makes very little in-character sense to do unless you're roleplaying as Mr. Krabs because the only thing Lorrokhan offers upfront is money and an evil Tav/Durge probably had Aylin and Isobel killed during Act 2.

He doesn’t have anything left to offer except money since his magical vaults are constantly getting robbed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRiA5qnKfpI&t=84s

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

bird with big dick posted:

He doesn’t have anything left to offer except money since his magical vaults are constantly getting robbed

Also his being dead and all.

I guess I'm glad Larian put so much work into the game for those who want to play the sort of role where you give up Isobel and Dame Aylin to that dude.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

rojay posted:

Also his being dead and all.

I guess I'm glad Larian put so much work into the game for those who want to play the sort of role where you give up Isobel and Dame Aylin to that dude.

It should have resulted in a unique game over where Dame Aylin murders him and then you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you NOT wipe this turd out in a single characters turn?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

It should have resulted in a unique game over where Dame Aylin murders him and then you
Start a real-time clock (Kojima style system time delta; none of this in-game poo poo). Either you complete the game with an ending that leaves you dead or in control of the Big Bad, or when the clock expires it plays a cutscene where failwizard’s corpse falls to a splat in front of your player character a few seconds before they’re hit by a big AGM-114R9X Slapchop with angel wings.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

By throwing grease bottles at him and spamming Counterspell for laughs.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

A mind flayer's duergar slave lost his nose, so I asked the illithid, "How does he smell?" and it said, 'I have eaten its brain.'

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

the retal stings

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Holy poo poo I just made it maybe halfway through act 3 and I have to say this is the best game I’ve played in like 8 years. There’s some cheesy moments and a few graphics glitches like that pinched cheek problem but otherwise the game slaps.

I am so thrilled with the way larian continues to support the title. I haven’t felt so invested in an RPG like this since the older BioWare games like Mass effect. But this is even better. I have two other friends playing BG3 and all our games feel like a different story into themselves. There must be thousands of variables in the game.

For me the climax of the game has got to be the act 3 moment at the house of hope.Raphael is an incredible character and the voice actor loving nailed it. But then that boss fight music??!! What!!! I had to take my hands off the keyboard and absorb the moment.

10/10 Larian. I’d buy this game again just to give them money. The voice acting, writing and character development is some of the best I’ve seen. I enjoy how it touches on some very real and deeply personal issues without being too on the nose about it AND giving you the option to get all the bad takeaways. Like Astarions personal quest was phenomenally satisfying at the end.

I’m super hopeful they can do a Neverwinter Nights game with some references to characters or events in BG3. I would love that.

I’ve been around a long time and bounced off all the original BG, NVN/NVN2 games but this one just beats it by a country mile. After years of being dicked around by “choices matter” AAA games this one actually delivers. I mean poo poo I couldn’t believe they individually modeled what looks like 100s of npc extras simultaneously having conversations to the point that it sounds like a crowded street. All of them even have unique one liners for you if you try to talk to them. Crazy!

I’m going to be very sad when this is all over. I’m not done yet so it’ll be interesting what other antics I’ll get up to before the curtain falls.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raphael's such a magnificent bitch (positive)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I wonder if any of the souls in Ralph's house are the dude who sold his soul for a dirty play

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I also think it's implied the apprentice who devised the sussur weapons sold their soul for that knowledge as well but it's been a while

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kraftwerk posted:

I am so thrilled with the way larian continues to support the title.

Speaking of, some kind of big-rear end patch just dropped, not seeing any notes on Steam yet though

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kraftwerk posted:

Holy poo poo I just made it maybe halfway through act 3 and I have to say this is the best game I’ve played in like 8 years. There’s some cheesy moments and a few graphics glitches like that pinched cheek problem but otherwise the game slaps.

I am so thrilled with the way larian continues to support the title. I haven’t felt so invested in an RPG like this since the older BioWare games like Mass effect. But this is even better. I have two other friends playing BG3 and all our games feel like a different story into themselves. There must be thousands of variables in the game.

For me the climax of the game has got to be the act 3 moment at the house of hope.Raphael is an incredible character and the voice actor loving nailed it. But then that boss fight music??!! What!!! I had to take my hands off the keyboard and absorb the moment.

10/10 Larian. I’d buy this game again just to give them money. The voice acting, writing and character development is some of the best I’ve seen. I enjoy how it touches on some very real and deeply personal issues without being too on the nose about it AND giving you the option to get all the bad takeaways. Like Astarions personal quest was phenomenally satisfying at the end.

I’m super hopeful they can do a Neverwinter Nights game with some references to characters or events in BG3. I would love that.

I’ve been around a long time and bounced off all the original BG, NVN/NVN2 games but this one just beats it by a country mile. After years of being dicked around by “choices matter” AAA games this one actually delivers. I mean poo poo I couldn’t believe they individually modeled what looks like 100s of npc extras simultaneously having conversations to the point that it sounds like a crowded street. All of them even have unique one liners for you if you try to talk to them. Crazy!

I’m going to be very sad when this is all over. I’m not done yet so it’ll be interesting what other antics I’ll get up to before the curtain falls.

100% this, really one of the all time greats.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
I'm taking my time with my first playthrough- currently in the lower city- and it feels like it's going to be really hard to play anything other than a charlatan bard going forward. Pickpocket is so absurdly powerful, I can talk my way out of nearly anything, and there's basically never a fight where it's not useful to have someone whose role is to debuff the enemy.

Like, i have a million different ideas of what what to do in a followup run- not lose Shadowheart, for example- but It's been so satisfying to see this character come together

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You lost Hot Topic best bae Shadowheart? drat. Well, even more reason to replay the game eventually.

I accidentally let Halsin get killed during my own playthrough but I don't consider that a huge loss

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The patch is out. 17.3gb on PC.

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-6-now-live_108

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Phlegmish posted:

You lost Hot Topic best bae Shadowheart? drat. Well, even more reason to replay the game eventually.

I accidentally let Halsin get killed during my own playthrough but I don't consider that a huge loss

Pro gaming tip for new players- maybe take characters along on their personal quests

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

An Taoiseach posted:

Pro gaming tip for new players- maybe take characters along on their personal quests

and trust them, to a point

I also lost SH on my first run because persuading with no Charisma is a bad idea (I had WIS 18, so I should have taken another route, and the game would have rewarded me for being wise!)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

An Taoiseach posted:

Except for Lae'zel and Astarion, who are actually kind of less trouble if you leave them behind and smooth things over afterwards.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Script Extender does not seem to like the new patch, it's crashing the game. Just me, or anyone else?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You need to wait a few hours since the mod authors get the patch the same time as you do. Everything is going to be broken for at least most of the day.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Fair, I installed Script Extender after Patch 5 so I didn't realize breaking it was expected

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Fixed Chain Lightning and Ice Knife being affected by Metamagic: Twinned Spell.
Fixed Transmutation Stones not being destroyed when their casters leave the party.
:argh:

Act 3 Cazador Fixed only one player getting the buff after solving the puzzle in Cazador's Palace and lying on his bed. has anyone actually solved this?

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 16, 2024

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Script Extender does not seem to like the new patch, it's crashing the game. Just me, or anyone else?

I was jumping across to the gas traps in Auntie Ethals and it blew up so much it crashed the game and now won't load. Probably one of the mods I downloaded months ago.

I've deleted the contents of the BG3 folder and am downloading from scratch. I really hope that fixes it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are you not supposed to get a twinned attack with Ice Knife? I thought that was the whole point!

quote:

If you romanced Lae'zel, grab a red dragon and saddle up - you can now join her in the rebellion against Vlaakith, even if you are not gith yourself.

Huge if true.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

No more twinned chain lightning? Fire sorlock supremacy it is, then

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Storm sorc honour run ended by patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

lol they tried to make lorroakan less of a chump