Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

90sgamer posted:

Sony’s new head of gaming division literally just said there will be no new Sony games until they overhaul the gaming division to make it sustainable lol. We ain’t seeing a first party PlayStation game until 2026 other than astrobot and those multiplayer gaas games Sony acquired

Sony is going to be depending on Xbox games for awhile

A stalemate where Sony refuses to green light anymore games until they make money, yet still won't do anything with Bloodborne, is probably what we all deserve, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think Sony said no sequels for now, just new IP. Which, honestly, neat.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

External Organs posted:

Specifically, live-service games

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
No...no!!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Only the truest AAAA gaming quality for the discerning gamer on the Sony Playstation 5*

* Coming soon to Steam, too. Terms and conditions may apply. Not valid in Indiana.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

90sgamer posted:

Sony’s new head of gaming division literally just said there will be no new Sony games until they overhaul the gaming division to make it sustainable lol. We ain’t seeing a first party PlayStation game until 2026 other than astrobot and those multiplayer gaas games Sony acquired

you have worms in your butthole.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

90sgamer posted:

I said come in! posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

And he loves it!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

External Organs posted:

The exact wording was that there are no plans to release "new major existing franchise titles" until after March 31st, 2025. This does not exclude new IPs like the multiplayer FPS Concord or pre-existing franchises arbitrarily declared "non-major" like the Until Dawn remake, but it does mean you won't be seeing The Last Of Us Part 2: Remake: Part 2: Remastered for another twelve.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I’m better now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think so, Timdog.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Kins posted:

pre-existing franchises arbitrarily declared "non-major" like the Until Dawn remake
That godawful PSVR2 entry absolutely made the franchise deserve a demotion

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I am announcing no new major posts until after March 31st, 2025.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

External Organs posted:

I am announcing no new major posts until after March 31st, 2025.

But all your post count as major... major disasters.

haha gotem...

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ruffian Price posted:

That godawful PSVR2 entry absolutely made the franchise deserve a demotion

Some dude in here was defending psvr awhile back lol

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I had a psvr and it was blurry as poo poo, I have a quest 2 and I haven’t turned it on for a year and a half. It’s just not Xbox baby

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony released PSVR2 and then abandoned it right away. Its flagship game is Gran Turismo 7. There is really only Meta Quest 3 left, otherwise VR is mostly dead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm still impressed Sony, who always understood the benefits of backwards-compatibility, legit thought it was a good idea to release a new PSVR without some form of BC with the older model's games, even if just case by case through patches/updates. They just split the already tiny fraction of their VR audience into two while simultaneously making it obvious that it's not a safe ecosystem to invest on.

See ya never, Astrobot.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

please stop posting these chimp-brained twitter freaks

Chimps are noble beasts unlike the average twitter/x user

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
PSVR2 is worth it for Pistol Whip, Puzzling Places and No Man's Sky, but yeah, as a platform or anything it's dire, it's just a fancy 500 dollar toy that might get a great software every quarter maybe.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
still don't understand why Xbox PR decided to wait a week and a half after the multiplatform leaks/rumors happened to put out anything, only to say the bare minimum. No reason why that couldn't have just been an Xbox Wire blog post last week

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barry Convex posted:

still don't understand why Xbox PR decided to wait a week and a half after the multiplatform leaks/rumors happened to put out anything, only to say the bare minimum. No reason why that couldn't have just been an Xbox Wire blog post last week

It was an op designed to mentally destroy Timdog.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MorningMoon posted:

PSVR2 is worth it for Pistol Whip, Puzzling Places and No Man's Sky, but yeah, as a platform or anything it's dire, it's just a fancy 500 dollar toy that might get a great software every quarter maybe.

GT7 is mindblowing and RE4/8 are incredible bangers, but yeah the whole thing overall seems like a lot of missed potential. I think Sony unfortunately launched yet another VR headset right before a new wave of tech that would be massively beneficial for it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MorningMoon posted:

the only reason i might ever get a ps5 is no man's sky in vr, but even then i feel like i am close to being done with nms

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was an op designed to mentally destroy Timdog.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I heard they are releasing a new tier of gamepass called ultimate game pass: After Dark, and it includes several adult movies based on popular Microsoft properties and Xbox games

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I heard they are releasing a new tier of gamepass called ultimate game pass: After Dark, and it includes several adult movies based on popular Microsoft properties and Xbox games

Naughty Viva Piñata

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Powerwash Stimulator

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
My name is tiiiiiiimmdog

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wow they really didn’t pull any punches

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This sort of software was very common in the 90s. So many PCs that you bought from CompUSA or Best Buy, came with some variation of this that was usually child friendly.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

there's not enough making fun of billionaires these days. Some even have a fan community, gross

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Got a 4/5 from MacGamer's Ledge, so it must be pretty good.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

syntaxfunction posted:

It's loving weird that there are twitter posters who are famous basically for having bad opinions, and not like with inside scoops, just they say stuff and people hang off every word.

Yeah, how can these people posting the same inane takes and bad jokes ever become popular, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iacen posted:

Yeah, how can these people posting the same inane takes and bad jokes ever become popular, huh?

lemme just ignore this post and push the “lazy devs” button several hundred times