Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Random Stranger posted:

This one feels like it isn't going to develop into anything. He had sex with prostitutes. We'll laugh at him because he's a hypocritical shithead, and maybe he'll have trouble with re-election (though I doubt it), but they're not going to take significant steps and the crimes here are relatively minor. As opposed to the other prostitutes he trafficked using government funds who were minors.

The woman in question here was an adult at time.

its also the house GOP loving hates gaetz for kicking off several embarasing shitshows, they want to burn his rear end and will if they can. not for the right reasons mind you but because "gently caress him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:sickos:

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

kw0134 posted:

This is the NYSCEF site for the case, and if there are reports that Engoron dropped his decision, it'll show up here so you can verify the ruling yourself. This is also the full docket for the case, minus appeals which have their own case files, so there are a ton of material here, including filings by various cranks that are completely ignored.

:hmbol: that Trump is being represented by Alina :sad: Habba

:vince:

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Hollismason posted:

Disappointing that the judge isn't going to rule tomorrow but instead take it into consideration.

No matter how stupid a case may be, you still have to hear it and the evidence that can legally be presented.

My son and I were just talking about how interesting it is that Navalny was assassinated now. Putin's had Navalny under his thumb for so many years now, a tacit example of crossing him but keeping him alive as a toothless threat. Killing Navalny now may indicate that things are worse due to the Ukraine War, maybe there are cracks in his leadership and he was afraid one of his ministers would start propping up Navalny and his opposition.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

:trumppop:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:perfect:

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I bet Engoron's gonna release the court decision at 4:20 :madmax:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Big Whammy! No Money!

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I smell a new thread title today.

Don't let me down, judge.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BrideOfUglycat posted:

No matter how stupid a case may be, you still have to hear it and the evidence that can legally be presented.

My son and I were just talking about how interesting it is that Navalny was assassinated now. Putin's had Navalny under his thumb for so many years now, a tacit example of crossing him but keeping him alive as a toothless threat. Killing Navalny now may indicate that things are worse due to the Ukraine War, maybe there are cracks in his leadership and he was afraid one of his ministers would start propping up Navalny and his opposition.

maybe. I think it might be him just lashing out and leaving no loose ends. i do think putins power is sorta fragile and the second the ghouls around him find a better option, they will take it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Wouldn't expelling Gaetz from the House eradicate the GOP's majority?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Goddamn I hope gaetz goes down so much

Nah, he strikes me as Batmanning that sorta stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

Wouldn't expelling Gaetz from the House eradicate the GOP's majority?

no, he would be replaced by another chud. he is a safe toss.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

But until that seat is filled, which won't be automatic and immediate, they're still down a member and would-be-could-be outcomes in a special election don't count.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

kw0134 posted:

But until that seat is filled, which won't be automatic and immediate, they're still down a member and would-be-could-be outcomes in a special election don't count.
It's probably going to depend on how egregious the receipts are.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:lolrudy:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe. I think it might be him just lashing out and leaving no loose ends. i do think putins power is sorta fragile and the second the ghouls around him find a better option, they will take it.

My gut is that Putin hasn't really left any viable alternatives around and cuts down anything that could even be perceived of as a "threat", mad king style. So there cannot be a "better option". The real party starts when Putin dies...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Republicans Discussing Expelling Santos posted:

no, he would be replaced by another chud. he is a safe toss.

Though for Santos, he hosed with the money in a way that hurt the party. He had to go or things would get worse.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Santos had so much weird poo poo and small potatoes crimes going on, it's like what you'd expect in a town of 3000 people not a house member.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Froghammer posted:

It's probably going to depend on how egregious the receipts are.
I suspect that it'll be pressure to have him not stand for reelection so they can give a definitive timeline on when he's leaving so that's not a weight on their collective necks but also preserving the tattered remnants of their majority for the rest of the Congressional session.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, this hot mic- I just heard Hunter Biden get thrown out there, lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm pretty sure McCarthy is doing whatever he can to gently caress over Gaetz. Lots of Repubs liked McCarthy he gave them money.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Someone repost the Engoron betting pool

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Random Stranger posted:

My gut is that Putin hasn't really left any viable alternatives around and cuts down anything that could even be perceived of as a "threat", mad king style. So there cannot be a "better option". The real party starts when Putin dies...

as is tradition

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TrashMammal posted:

as is tradition

these muppet show outtakes are loving weird.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I mean Trump dying in prison sounds pretty good

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TrashMammal posted:

as is tradition

What an incredible dark comedy.

Seriously, if anyone in this thread hasn't seen The Death of Stalin you are doing a major disservice to yourself.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BrideOfUglycat posted:

"and, comrade, what makes you think glorious leader is weak?"

*cabinet member slowly pulls out a photo of tucker carlson interviewing putin*

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I mean Trump dying in prison sounds pretty good

wow okay trump thread come on, be better than cheerleading some fascist dying in prison

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"Pretty weak questioning yesterday!!!!" I say about my own legal representation at one of my trials, while I am forced to be at one of my other trials.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

Seriously, if anyone in this thread hasn't seen The Death of Stalin you are doing a major disservice to yourself.

i liked how it showed one of my favorite deaths in history. well two of them. stalin stroking out and dying in his own piss. and beria bawling as he is shot in the dome.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

kw0134 posted:

I suspect that it'll be pressure to have him not stand for reelection so they can give a definitive timeline on when he's leaving so that's not a weight on their collective necks but also preserving the tattered remnants of their majority for the rest of the Congressional session.
If there's photos and video it's gonna be hard to square defending Gaetz loving prostitutes with being outraged over Hunter Biden loving prostitutes, but cognitive dissonance is what I expect out of the modern GOP so who knows

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Imagine being the poor schmuck secret service guy who gets the job of guarding Trump in prison.

"Sorry, Agent Jones, you've drawn the short straw and have to stand guard outside Trump's cell all day. He's on a strict diet of beans at the moment, be warned."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stoatbringer posted:

Imagine being the poor schmuck secret service guy who gets the job of guarding Trump in prison.

"Sorry, Agent Jones, you've drawn the short straw and have to stand guard outside Trump's cell all day. He's on a strict diet of beans at the moment, be warned."

Nah. There will be one agent assigned to the prison who will just watch video cameras with jail staff. He doesn't get someone with him 24/7 if he's locked up. The secret service has been very clear about this. That's the reason that he finally agreed to turn himself in when the first indictments hit. He was told by the secret service that they would not stop his arrest and would just facilitate it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

selling nuclear secrets for a pack of smokes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Double feature this and In the Loop

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Motherfucker can't stop doing air accordian whenever he talks, can he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Big money? No, WHAMMY!