Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Borsche69 posted:

oh rolando mcclain. dang.

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk1Hmk8shk#bottom-sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

The most memorable thing he ever did in the NFL was basically Rock Bottom a dude during a game.

I'll always remember this moment for all the random Raiders fans that were trying to turn that into a "we're so back" moment

And I was like, hmm, is our new LB an idiot with questionable judgement

Which I only considered in an on the field sense, boy was that an underestimation

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Raiders fans absolutely claimed that McClain was good for a while

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

After the 3 year trio of Jamarcus, Heyward-Bey, and McFadden (who looked like another extreme bust 1 season earlier), the media narrative was strong that McClain was the Raiders finally making a properly safe top 10 pick

Fans spun that into a whole lot of cope for a dude who was mediocre in between the off-field disasters

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

lmfoa of course its got the worldstar tag on there

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The337th posted:

After the 3 year trio of Jamarcus, Heyward-Bey, and McFadden (who looked like another extreme bust 1 season earlier), the media narrative was strong that McClain was the Raiders finally making a properly safe top 10 pick

Fans spun that into a whole lot of cope for a dude who was mediocre in between the off-field disasters

Wasn’t that also the era of Raiders legend Bruce Gradkowski?

Borsche69 posted:

lmfoa of course its got the worldstar tag on there

Feels appropriate for Raiders highlights from that era. I’m surprised the pigeon highlights aren’t the same way…

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 16, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I can't think of Rolando McClain without this photo coming to mind.

It's only just now in 2024 that I realize he had a phone holster on a chain.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

He was a highly touted player from one of the world beating Bama squads and we were desperate for something to be excited about.

I mean, one of our resident Panthers fans is (was?) still defending Bryce Young at the end of the season. Sometimes we just have too much hope as sports fans.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Man there are some real vintage Raider Fans at the tail end of that clip lol :black101:

Also Sam Bradford sighting in his second game. Clearly this heralded the beginning of a long, successful career...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Black Sunshine posted:

He was a highly touted player from one of the world beating Bama squads and we were desperate for something to be excited about.

I mean, one of our resident Panthers fans is (was?) still defending Bryce Young at the end of the season. Sometimes we just have too much hope as sports fans.

I remember Raiders fans screaming that Bruce Graskowski was good

What a weird time

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

What a weird time

How dare you disrespect the name Bruce Gradkowski.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Important for a few reasons:

Raiders can now cut him without paying him his remaining $11m guaranteed
Any team looking for a bridge starter probably won't want him as he's missing the first two games. (whew)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1758536735288447017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ahahahahahhaha rip

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Any team looking for a bridge starter probably won't want him as he's missing the first two games. (whew)

That jawline was too good to be natural!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

got popped for taking de-handsoming pills. tragic. we need to talk about the ways that society is failing facially divergent people like me and jimmy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Costing yourself 11 million dollars for not doing some paperwork lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

I’m gonna assume it was boner pills

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hi, Jimmy G here for nugenix

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

post hole digger posted:

got popped for taking de-handsoming pills. tragic. we need to talk about the ways that society is failing facially divergent people like me and jimmy.

Four or five standard deviations in the opposite direction?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

What a weird time

Hey man, he came back to beat the Steelers by throwing 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. Heroic poo poo like that will give fans a lot of hope, especially when you consider those bad Raider teams.

Haha, thanks for the extra cap space you handsome devil

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 16, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

<----------------

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Future Valtrax spokesman Jimmy G.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Jimmy (H)G(H)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jimmy Growthhormonolo

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Too much handsome growth hormone. When will these kids learn.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I want to know what Handsome James pissed hot for so I can get on it myself, then I’ll be the prettiest!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

CapnAndy posted:

I want to know what Handsome James pissed hot for so I can get on it myself, then I’ll be the prettiest!

I also would like some of Jimmy G's piss for research purposes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone said it was his anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication and it's on the nfl PED list because it helps you to be more calm while playing. i believe it was k. kringle on twitter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

someone said it was his anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication and it's on the nfl PED list because it helps you to be more calm while playing. i believe it was k. kringle on twitter

Not propranolol, is it?

That's banned in all target shooting sports like rifling and archery.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think it's dumb to speculate what Jimmy G got suspended for because we don't have the charts lol

Who plays behind center for LV next year? If they sign Getsy and trade for Fields I will laugh. If they trade for Bagent they're admitting they have no plan but at least he'll throw the 2 types of passes his OC wants.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean, there's effectively four options for the Raiders at QB, since I seriously doubt they're going to just roll with O'Connell for another year.

1. Trade a bunch of picks to move up to 3 or 4 to take whichever QB Chicago and Washington don't take with the first two picks. Probably not a good idea with all the roster needs the Raiders have.
2. Take a second-tier prospect like Penix or McCarthy or whoever at 13, or ideally a little later if they can swing a trade back.
3. Trade for Fields. Seems less likely now that they've hired Getsy but who knows, maybe they really loved what the 7-10 Bears did on offense last year and have to run that back.
4. Sign another veteran on the FA market. Cousins is obviously the best of the bunch but he's coming off major surgery and old and do you really want to break the bank for a guy who's probably not going to help your long-term competitiveness anyway? Assuming Baker doesn't leave Tampa, that leaves your next best options as Tannehill (also old, and much worse) and... Jacoby Brissett, I guess?

To me, trading back and trying to get some more picks to shore up the roster and then taking a chance on a guy like Penix is probably their best available option, but none of them are really choices you feel great about.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, there's effectively four options for the Raiders at QB, since I seriously doubt they're going to just roll with O'Connell for another year.

1. Trade a bunch of picks to move up to 3 or 4 to take whichever QB Chicago and Washington don't take with the first two picks. Probably not a good idea with all the roster needs the Raiders have.
2. Take a second-tier prospect like Penix or McCarthy or whoever at 13, or ideally a little later if they can swing a trade back.
3. Trade for Fields. Seems less likely now that they've hired Getsy but who knows, maybe they really loved what the 7-10 Bears did on offense last year and have to run that back.
4. Sign another veteran on the FA market. Cousins is obviously the best of the bunch but he's coming off major surgery and old and do you really want to break the bank for a guy who's probably not going to help your long-term competitiveness anyway? Assuming Baker doesn't leave Tampa, that leaves your next best options as Tannehill (also old, and much worse) and... Jacoby Brissett, I guess?

To me, trading back and trying to get some more picks to shore up the roster and then taking a chance on a guy like Penix is probably their best available option, but none of them are really choices you feel great about.

They could trade for Geno for cheaper than fields and probably equal outcomes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

EmbryoSteve posted:

They could trade for Geno for cheaper than fields and probably equal outcomes

The Seahawks are gonna just trade Geno for mid return without a clear path to replace him?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe are probably available.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Seahawks just extended Geno so I doubt they'll trade him without the Raiders having to overpay, which obviously would be a mistake.

Raiders should probably draft a project QB in a later round and see if AOC can develop, then go from there. They're probably a couple years off from seriously competing anyway, might as well go young with their QBs and see if they luck into someone.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
There's zero indication that the Seahawks are moving on from Geno, so I didn't bother listing that as a possibility

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

mcmagic posted:

The Seahawks are gonna just trade Geno for mid return without a clear path to replace him?

Drew lock is satisfactory for likely wayy cheaper and the seahawks are cap strapped. During a rebuilding year I'd take Drew lock at like 4-6mil and clear double digit cap space than geno at 30 mil and not that extra cap space

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Anderson Koopa posted:

Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe are probably available.

Neither of these guys is an upgrade to O'Connell, or a marginal one at best.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Those two are absolutely downgrades from AOC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AOC seems like an okay guy.

I do wonder what the market for Minshew is. The Colts would love to have him back but they can't overpay for him. So if someone wants to pay him starter money they could probably get him.