Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

cr0y posted:

Ok why is he using his attorneys credit card for poo poo

because you get miles on stuff and get to make things an easy business writeoff depending what it is, afaik this isn't much of a gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

cr0y posted:

Ok why is he using his attorneys credit card for poo poo

Yeah this guy kinda sucks on the stand for being a lawyer haha. I know he is trying to answer in a way that protects himself and wade but he is coming across very sketchy right now. Even if its a nothing burger.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

cr0y posted:

I can't figure out if they are getting at something legit shady here or not.
Ah, it's the "they were alone together!" thing. They did this yesterday.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The body language is incredibly unnatural. People just sort of freeze and stop moving or stare into space or move in bizarre ways that don't stand up to staring at it for more than two seconds.

The walking is all bouncy and weightless like in early 3d games too.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

TremorX posted:

Tryin to imagine the chud narrative in the star wars universe,

"The 'Death Star' is a hoax the Rebel TERRISTS have been using to justify attacking Jedha and Scarif"
"Alderaan had it coming for harboring REBELS"
"If this imaginary 'Death Star' that supposedly belonged to Darth Vader was destroyed then how come Darth Vader is still alive??!"
"See, the rebels couldn't have destroyed the death star, it wasn't even finished being built!"
"Leia's too old to be chancellor"

"Obi Wan is old and senile, unlike the youthful and handsome Palpatine."

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Vire posted:

Yeah this guy kinda sucks on the stand for being a lawyer haha. I know he is trying to answer in a way that protects himself and wade but he is coming across very sketchy right now. Even if its a nothing burger.

He also doesn't want to inadvertently reveal privileged information, it's a tight rope to walk and definitely sucks for him right now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think Starship Troopers is a good parody myself. But that's because I think it's lazy, sloppy, undercuts its own themes regularly, and is just a bad movie.

The gently caress? I’m not alone in thinking it’s overrated? I learn something new every day.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

He also doesn't want to inadvertently reveal privileged information, it's a tight rope to walk and definitely sucks for him right now.

I'm pretty sure HIS lawyer is there to make sure that doesn't happen. This guy isn't as charismatic as Wade was yesterday

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

The judge asked if their interpretation of crime fraud has ever been used like this in a previous case and they said no. So yeah, they aren't citing anything they're just trying to make up new law.

And the bar for piercing attorney-client privilege is absurdly high. Like you pretty much have to have both attorney and client on a crime and evidence that says already says they were planning it together. Trump is just about all of the examples of this occurring in recent years. You don't get to breech privilege on a hunch to go on a fishing expedition. Even asking for that is pretty stupid.

BigglesSWE posted:

The gently caress? I’m not alone in thinking it’s overrated? I learn something new every day.

I've had so many goddamned people I've told this tell me that I didn't get the movie and then explain all of the stupid, blindingly obvious things in it like they were clever or subtle.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cr0y posted:

Judging by what was being insinuated by Merchant in her texts, hes probably violated attorney client privilege and is trying not to make the inevitable penalty worse

he also was forced out of the firm from wade and the 3rd partner for unspecified reas9ns

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i'm sure there's a real chud behind the account but that's not a real face

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TremorX posted:

Tryin to imagine the chud narrative in the star wars universe,

"The 'Death Star' is a hoax the Rebel TERRISTS have been using to justify attacking Jedha and Scarif"
"Alderaan had it coming for harboring REBELS"
"If this imaginary 'Death Star' that supposedly belonged to Darth Vader was destroyed then how come Darth Vader is still alive??!"
"See, the rebels couldn't have destroyed the death star, it wasn't even finished being built!"
"Leia's too old to be chancellor"

To be fair this isn’t just a chud thing. It’s incredibly easy to get Americans gun ho for war if you message it right.

Instead of Death Star call it the freedom star

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

What exactly is Merchant going for here? Is this something about Wade overbilling?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

pixaal posted:

In 1000 years "they buried the waste of their leaders in sealed containers to preserve them, thinking it holy and sacred."

This is not a place of fiber.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

What exactly is Merchant going for here? Is this something about Wade overbilling?

That Wade engaged in shenanigans to become personally enriched on a $60/hr contract split between three businesses.

It's meritless but within the bounds of fair questioning given where we're at.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Strong Sauce posted:

Robert Z'Dar's son rises

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
wheres the loving ruling

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

I have no idea. Maybe that Wade enriched himself and his friends by using his relationship with Willis?

Again, they needed this witness to say "Wade told me, point blank, that he's been loving Fani Willis since 2018" or something like that. No we are getting into the weeds...dates and contract specifics. Not sure where this line of questions will lead. Think she's trying to circle back to pierce privilege again lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy looks like a failed clone of Dr. Oz.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BigHead posted:

That Wade engaged in shenanigans to become personally enriched on a $60/hr contract split between three businesses.

It's meritless but within the bounds of fair questioning given where we're at.

Thanks.

TheAgent posted:

I have no idea. Maybe that Wade enriched himself and his friends by using his relationship with Willis?

Again, they needed this witness to say "Wade told me, point blank, that he's been loving Fani Willis since 2018" or something like that. No we are getting into the weeds...dates and contract specifics. Not sure where this line of questions will lead. Think she's trying to circle back to pierce privilege again lol

Yeah, I guess I just don't see any value in his testimony if it isn't when the two started dating

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

nine-gear crow posted:

Guy looks like a failed clone of Dr. Oz.

he looks like matt gaetz spliced with jim jordan

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess I just don't see any value in his testimony if it isn't when the two started dating

Judge says to move it along.

hahahaahah she's trying to get out of her being a liar thing lmaooooooo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Of course as I post that, the judge is telling her to wrap it up

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Judge: "Miss Merchant I haven't really heard a point in a while"

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think Starship Troopers is a good parody myself. But that's because I think it's lazy, sloppy, undercuts its own themes regularly, and is just a bad movie.

It's not a great parody/satire/commentary but it is an entertaining movie, imo. Nothing revelatory about it but sometimes you just wanna kill some bugs, sir! And for that, I will always love Starship Troopers

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sim posted:

Judge: "Miss Merchant I haven't really heard a point in a while"

That's right up there with "that's not a legal argument" from the NY proceedings yesterday.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

That's right up there with "that's not a legal argument" from the NY proceedings yesterday.
There was a part in the Alex Jones Texas trial where the judge had to tell the witness "that's now how the law works"

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Several people talked about fraternities. It must be a different culture in Georgia or something, as I've never in my life in the PNW heard anyone ever bring up fraternities.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Willatron posted:

It's not a great parody/satire/commentary but it is an entertaining movie, imo. Nothing revelatory about it but sometimes you just wanna kill some bugs, sir! And for that, I will always love Starship Troopers

The suits in Edge of Tomorrow seemed a lot closer to the book I read forever ago, from what I remembered about the jump suits

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA THREATENING THE WITNESS HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH ajndajldnasldnsadhja sdadfjael'djn

this is loving INSANE

so far, today, they've accused Wade of perjury and that someone is threatening witnesses that are attached to the DA's office.

loving wild

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 16, 2024

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Junk posted:

wheres the loving ruling

Not looking likely today anymore :(

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Strong Sauce posted:

what are you talking about? i'm sure a gen-z chud named Dick Strocher is real and genuine

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Who is Merchant saying threatened the witness? I missed it I think

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Judge is giving her an incredibly wide leash here and just letting this go on.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Who is Merchant saying threatened the witness? I missed it I think

some mystery guy? I dunno, they didn't bring up his name

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Merchant not looking very happy with the results she's getting here.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Vire posted:

Judge is giving her an incredibly wide leash here and just letting this go on.

The length of the leash leads me to believe he's not disqualifying her. Other than their blatant extra legal attempts to pierce privilege he's just letting them do any dumb poo poo that is coming to their mind.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
They asked yesterday if Wallis had gone to the White House during her DC visits.

They just need to sprinkle in some conspiracy bait for the chuds/Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

SonOfGhostDad posted:

what are you talking about? i'm sure a gen-z chud named Dick Strocher is real and genuine

It’s a bridge too far, yeah. Now if his name was Dick Grabber I could believe it!