Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Chard posted:

is garlic ice cream weather?

If meatballs and pancakes can fall from the sky, and tomato tornadoes are a thing that can happen, I don’t see why garlic ice cream wouldn’t count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they say the east coast is getting big snow tomorrow.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A small portion of the East Coast is gunna get a blizzard... Then I'm sure it'll be back to 65 and people will be surfing or something in their Hawaiian shirts

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

It was in the mid 50s and sunny so I went out in sandals and a t shirt and replanted strawberries. Such is a normal winter.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SirPablo posted:

Can the ring of fire just go off already. That one person needs their tsunami.

go off queen. slay

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ted Wassanasong posted:

TBF americans are so dumb they cannot get past how produce looks, taste and nutrition arent what sells poo poo to us. Would be nice without the markup, but its still better than americans refusing to buy a banana because it has one brown spot.

Americans aren't dumb, they are primitive Neanderthals using ancient instincts to avoid off-looking foods that might be rotten or poisonous

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

fake news. high of 42 on tomorrow's forecast

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

titty_baby_ posted:

It was in the mid 50s and sunny so I went out in sandals and a t shirt and replanted strawberries. Such is a normal winter.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My idiot (slightly chuddy but not overt about it) coworker keeps asking 'is this global warming '.... Yes you idiot this is 100% climate change you moron.... The climate it's changing

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the climate changes every night when the sun goes down. it gets colder. then warmer again the next day. why's everyone freaking out

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It was nearly 60 two days ago and tomorrow we're getting 8-12 inches of snow, lol. Lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you don't like the climate, wait a few years.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If you don't like the climate, wait a few days.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Is the AMOC collapsing weather?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Real hurthling! posted:

we're going to get 10" and people are panicking and talking about the "major snowstorm" as if this wasn't just, like, normal winter weather less than a decade ago

this isn't snowpacalypse it's literally just some loving snow, a type of weather that exists in the winter

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
10" is about average? very unsettling

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Paradoxish posted:

we're going to get 10" and people are panicking and talking about the "major snowstorm" as if this wasn't just, like, normal winter weather less than a decade ago

this isn't snowpacalypse it's literally just some loving snow, a type of weather that exists in the winter

It was marketed as a nor easter which has some wind implications that can be concerning if you need electricity to stay warm

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Paradoxish posted:

Well right now we're getting zero inches, down from 7-9 predicted on Sunday

Modeling. In disarray.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we got maybe 2 in ny and the city hosed up and broke its 2factor auth system so remote school couldnt start for over an hour. mayor adams stays winning

MMania
May 7, 2008
So it's currently raining in Boston and not snowing "up to 13 inches" like the forecast said last night, and I had some thoughts. There have to have been billions of weather forecasts by now, which makes it an enormous task to collate them and compare vs. what the weather actually was. Has anyone actually looked at this, and if so are predictions getting better or worse?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I declare winter over, I don’t see any below freezing days on the long term forecast and more 50 degree days than 40 degree days

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yeah it's crazy, I'm planning what seeds to start for the spring growing season (Georgia, zone 7B/8A) and all the seed packs say to start a few weeks before the last frost of the year. oops! should've started in december!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The birds around here are already gathering nesting materials and building nests (which isn't supposed to happen until mid-March)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

doomer birds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

birds buying abandoned missile silos in eastern Montana

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Was very much looking forward to getting out and building a snowman with my kids since we haven't really been able to all winter. All of Massachusetts cancelled school last night when we were supposed to get 12-18 inches and then an hour after we got the call the forecast went down to 3-5. People on the town Facebook are losing their goddamn minds.

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

I feel like I'm in the only area of Massachusetts that got a decent amount of snow

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Yeah I was pretty relieved when I woke up this morning to there already being 4” on the ground. Ended up with a solid 8” total, and the snow was even decently packable for snowmen and forts. Kiddos are now thoroughly exhausted after playing in the “biggest snowstorm ever”.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
We got about 8" of pretty wet, heavy snow in southern CT and now it seems to be drizzling.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

the robins didn’t leave for the winter this year like they normally do east of portland

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MMania posted:

So it's currently raining in Boston and not snowing "up to 13 inches" like the forecast said last night, and I had some thoughts. There have to have been billions of weather forecasts by now, which makes it an enormous task to collate them and compare vs. what the weather actually was. Has anyone actually looked at this, and if so are predictions getting better or worse?

Yes. Better.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/hpcverif.shtml#medmin

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
drat they finally got Melbourne. huge burst blew through yesterday, knocked out power throughout the city and started some bushfires out west in the state.

been a really mild, cool summer otherwise, but before the storm we had 3 straight days of high temps and dry winds so we got lucky we didn't have more fires started

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Minera posted:

drat they finally got Melbourne. huge burst blew through yesterday, knocked out power throughout the city and started some bushfires out west in the state.

been a really mild, cool summer otherwise, but before the storm we had 3 straight days of high temps and dry winds so we got lucky we didn't have more fires started

As someone who lives near the Kennedy Space Center (where it was also hella windy yesterday), this post started off comprehensible and then got increasingly :wtf: until I figured it out.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I retract my previous declaration of winter being over looks like we are getting a few inches of snow today, forecast says winter will be over on Wed when it hits 60 degrees again.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

whoa you can collapse quotes now

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

my cat is norris posted:

whoa you can collapse quotes now

just like the biosphere

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Dear california:

Please give us back the rain.

- The pacific northwest

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Failson posted:

Dear california:

- The pacific northwest

It rained yesterday. When it was supposed to be sunny. Today is currently very nice, when they forecast that it would rain

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Failson posted:

Dear california:

- The pacific northwest

-no, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Enjoy the fires in 5 months sweaty~