Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

gandlethorpe posted:

LNY is kind of a low key festival. For better or worse. There's not that much to do (in terms of variety), but also not that much to do (in terms of getting rewards). I'm not really complaining since it happens so soon after Wintersday.

The requirements for the new weekly rewards are BS though. I'm glad I don't like the skins.

Some of the skins are alright but they're free exotics to flush down the toilet hoping for some thing cool.

It's never something cool.

Anyway I finally unlocked vindicator and it already feels a lot better, so that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I love my Cele Vindicator so much. She’s an unkillable flying ball of death and support.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I mean, shoring up missing tools from each class's weapon choices is an explicit goal of the new weapons. Just because they missed on engie doesn't mean they're not trying, hell so many of the balance changes over the last year have been trying to buff or rework unused weapons.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

So flippin excited for staff warrior. Support tank is fun to me and staves are my favorite weapon type outside of punching.

bladesworn is already one of the few dps that are exceptionally good at tanking and staff is gonna be big in enabling it to do so as a proper healer

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

whydirt posted:

I love my Cele Vindicator so much. She’s an unkillable flying ball of death and support.

Cele Vindicator is the best, no joke. Mine looks like a vampire!!!!!!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You can’t say that and not post a picture

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

I assume cele in this case means celestial? That's the gear mine's in right now, incidentally. I might stick with it since I have other characters I'm gearing up in berserker stuff. Figuring out rotation and stuff is next on the table.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

post the cele vindicator build tia

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thing about cele is that every button is now good so you can do whatever you want. I personally add in a few berserker's/viper's pieces to weight a bit more towards damage since I don't need all that healing power, etc.

This also means people running full cele take aggro from me! Yay!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am a FOOL.

Once again lured by the siren's song of discounted keys, I bought 25. In chat I exclaimed that it felt like BL keys are weighted heavily towards warhorns and foci since those are the least-used weapons.

I got two of each and nothing else!!!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Cool Dad posted:

post the cele vindicator build tia

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflZGTIhs08CKodGXRFN06SKppGZgBuyISIhn1kfsF-DyIY1o+vI6pCk/BAAA-e

The build is very very flexible.

Traits: The only required traits are the ones in Vindicator. You can swap out of Salvation and into Corruption or Devastation if you're doing easier content and want more DPS over max sustain.

Weapons: Literally every weapon can be used for this build depending on your playstyle. Shortbow is a great general option due to its range, piercing, and cleave. Hammer is probably the least useful weapon, but there are times where the extra range could be nice.

Runes/Sigils/Relics: The Sigils of Stamina are amazing at keeping your energy bar full for dodges. I left the second Sigil slot open since it can used for more group support with Water or more for damage with something like Force/Air/Earth/Whatever. Just use budget options because none of the super expensive sigils will add that much over cheap alternatives. I like Traveler runes for consistent movespeed and extra boon duration, but feel free to use whatever. Relic is similar where you can use whatever you've got lying around based on your needs and playstyle.

Legends: You always want Alliance stance, but your secondary legend can be any of the others depending on whether you want more DPS (Mallyx/Shiro), utility (Deldrimore), or healing (Centaur). I suggest trying them all and figuring out which ones you like the best.

Gear Prefixes: You don't need 100% celestial pieces, but I'd aim for at least 50% cele gear for the boon duration and tankiness. You can lean into power damage (Berserker, Marauder, or Dragon prefixes) or condi damage (Viper, Grieving, Carrion, or Sinister). I don't think Trailblazers offers much over Cele if you want more tank, so I'd personally stay away from it unless you've already got pieces from another build and want to stay cheap. If you lean toward power, I'd keep a Sword/Sword or Greatsword as my second weapon. For condi, you're likely wanting Mace/Axe.

Boons: You will have permanent Protection, Quickness, Fury, Vigor, and max Might just from your the skills and traits here, so don't go out of your way to get more of these. Remember that your leap extends the duration of all boons you currently have, so it doesn't take much to keep up boons you get from allies during big events.

Skills in Play: Scavenger Burst on your Luxon (red bar) stance is your most important utility skill and should be used off of cooldown basically at all times to keep up your quickness and your energy. You have access to multiple short-cooldown stun breaks/stability skills as well which means even hits you don't dodge won't push you around during meta champs/bosses. I camp Luxon stance about 75% of the time and swap into Kurzick stance (blue bar) or my 2nd legend the rest of the time. I only leave shortbow if I need extra CC against a breakbar and have used all my primary options.

Hope this helps!

whydirt fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 16, 2024

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Played right, Cele Vindi can solo anything in OW.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Quoting so I can find later at home... I was wondering about this myself so thanks!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I am a FOOL.

Once again lured by the siren's song of discounted keys, I bought 25. In chat I exclaimed that it felt like BL keys are weighted heavily towards warhorns and foci since those are the least-used weapons.

thank you for your service

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

whydirt posted:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflZGTIhs08CKodGXRFN06SKppGZgBuyISIhn1kfsF-DyIY1o+vI6pCk/BAAA-e

The build is very very flexible.

Traits: The only required traits are the ones in Vindicator. You can swap out of Salvation and into Corruption or Devastation if you're doing easier content and want more DPS over max sustain.

Weapons: Literally every weapon can be used for this build depending on your playstyle. Shortbow is a great general option due to its range, piercing, and cleave. Hammer is probably the least useful weapon, but there are times where the extra range could be nice.

Runes/Sigils/Relics: The Sigils of Stamina are amazing at keeping your energy bar full for dodges. I left the second Sigil slot open since it can used for more group support with Water or more for damage with something like Force/Air/Earth/Whatever. Just use budget options because none of the super expensive sigils will add that much over cheap alternatives. I like Traveler runes for consistent movespeed and extra boon duration, but feel free to use whatever. Relic is similar where you can use whatever you've got lying around based on your needs and playstyle.

Legends: You always want Alliance stance, but your secondary legend can be any of the others depending on whether you want more DPS (Mallyx/Shiro), utility (Deldrimore), or healing (Centaur). I suggest trying them all and figuring out which ones you like the best.

Gear Prefixes: You don't need 100% celestial pieces, but I'd aim for at least 50% cele gear for the boon duration and tankiness. You can lean into power damage (Berserker, Marauder, or Dragon prefixes) or condi damage (Viper, Grieving, Carrion, or Sinister). I don't think Trailblazers offers much over Cele if you want more tank, so I'd personally stay away from it unless you've already got pieces from another build and want to stay cheap. If you lean toward power, I'd keep a Sword/Sword or Greatsword as my second weapon. For condi, you're likely wanting Mace/Axe.

Boons: You will have permanent Protection, Quickness, Fury, Vigor, and max Might just from your the skills and traits here, so don't go out of your way to get more of these. Remember that your leap extends the duration of all boons you currently have, so it doesn't take much to keep up boons you get from allies during big events.

Skills in Play: Scavenger Burst on your Luxon (red bar) stance is your most important utility skill and should be used off of cooldown basically at all times to keep up your quickness and your energy. You have access to multiple short-cooldown stun breaks/stability skills as well which means even hits you don't dodge won't push you around during meta champs/bosses. I camp Luxon stance about 75% of the time and swap into Kurzick stance (blue bar) or my 2nd legend the rest of the time. I only leave shortbow if I need extra CC against a breakbar and have used all my primary options.

Hope this helps!

This is basically exactly the kind of build I wanted and was trying to figure out for myself, thanks!

Inzombiac posted:

I am a FOOL.

Long ago I learned keys are sometimes food. I don't think I've ever gotten a single uncommon drop from a chest with a normal key.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

whydirt posted:

gw2skills.net/editor/

Unrelated to GW2 but im genuinely surprised how many webpages works poorly or basically not at all in tyool 2024.

The donation prompt that pops up is not possible to manage, on iOS at least, meaning this webpsge doesn’t work on my phone.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Long ago I learned keys are sometimes food. I don't think I've ever gotten a single uncommon drop from a chest with a normal key.
I got a permanent hair stylist contract a few weeks back from a map completion key. Felt like I'd won the lottery.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

I got a permanent hair stylist contract a few weeks back from a map completion key. Felt like I'd won the lottery.
"like"?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Hair style contract is the best legendary

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This kicks rear end and has the sustainability and flexibility that I've been craving.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

For what its worth I never got into Celestial Revenant. Both Mace and Demon form feel super bland to play and they are pretty mandatory to making Celestial do good damage. If you can get past that you'll have a build that does good damage and has insane sustain.
While Celestial technically works with everything, I don't really see a world where Greatsword, Sword or Assassin/Dwarf stance make any sense. Just go full Berserker and enjoy doing way more damage while also still being really tanky and sustainy thanks to general Vindicator things. The only thing to keep in mind is that you should use Boon duration runes since you're lacking the Concentration from Celestial, but thats a weakness thats easily fixed:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmjAEZlxQmMP6k1RpMOClRSqMCqkn1kfsF-DSIYRUxfGFqCyUKo4vBBIg9wbR%2FRLoC-e
The weapons are totally replaceable by Sword/X or even a Hammer, if you want to ranged option. Just don't go Staff/Hammer, that would probably cost you a lot of damage.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Foundational text #1 acquired

The rest are in the mail. I expect they will be bad, but entertaining.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Celestial is generally considered a condi-light spread. Condi skills typically get at least some scaling from power-based stats but condi damage contributes absolutely nothing to skills that have no conditions attached baseline or through traits, so doing Condi Things generally works out much better with the statset than Power things.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Friggin love the LNY helmet.
Now I can finally play a Dragonborn!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Celestial is generally considered a condi-light spread. Condi skills typically get at least some scaling from power-based stats but condi damage contributes absolutely nothing to skills that have no conditions attached baseline or through traits, so doing Condi Things generally works out much better with the statset than Power things.

This is a good breakdown of it yeah, it's also why I run trailblazer on some builds too because some power coefficients are just so god damned bad, like running a condition D/D thief build. Sure you can run celestial (especially on D/D condi DE for open world because of Maleficient Seven), so even in terms of conditions some builds will perform better than celestial depending on what you're going for

I like to tweak with stuff and for open world sometimes ceslestial outdoes traiblazers or another stat combo, sometimes they're even, sometimes other stat combos pull out ahead, it's very dependent on class, if the build benefits from boon duration and enhanced healing, and of course personal preference!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I disagree that you need Mace/Axe or Mallyx for Celestial to do damage.

Scavenger Burst does tons of burning every 3 seconds which is the best dps condition anyway.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

StrixNebulosa posted:

Please report back, I think you might be the first person I've ever encountered to actually read them.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I like that it looks like the dog is trying to ensure you throw it in the wastebasket.

I don't remember much about them but I recapped all three for a friend so I skimmed my old emails. Ghosts of Ascalon was my favorite, with some interesting characters. Sea of Sorrows I mostly made fun of all the timeskips. Edge of Destiny was the worst but also tied into the GW2 story the most since it was the original story of Destiny's Edge leading up to the game.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 16, 2024

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Wow, balance preview is out, and the pistol trait will no longer reduce damage but increase it, as well as deadeye rifle piercing on double/triple tap. Axe was nerfed as per the balance preview but wow, these are some pretty good changes. Of course they completely hosed the renegade stance skills, so the monkey paw curls I guess

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Deformed Church posted:

Please report back, I think you might be the first person I've ever encountered to actually read them.

Will do! So far (the first 24 pages of Sea of Sorrows) it's decently written, to my surprise! Cobiah is a decently sketched street-rat who lives with a drunkard abusive mom and his little sister and Lion's Arch is a rough - not cruel, just rough - port city. And honestly that made me appreciate it a bit more, in the sense that it's a pretty map but I usually go there just for the warp gates and fractals. Then, more quickly than I expected, mundane(!) tragedy strikes and he goes to sea.

I really appreciate an author who takes the time to set the stage and not launch immediately into adventure? I know I am complimenting this book for the barest minimum of competency, but my expectations are on the floor. Video game tie in novels are not usually... good, shall we say.

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Will do! So far (the first 24 pages of Sea of Sorrows) it's decently written, to my surprise! Cobiah is a decently sketched street-rat who lives with a drunkard abusive mom and his little sister and Lion's Arch is a rough - not cruel, just rough - port city. And honestly that made me appreciate it a bit more, in the sense that it's a pretty map but I usually go there just for the warp gates and fractals. Then, more quickly than I expected, mundane(!) tragedy strikes and he goes to sea.

I really appreciate an author who takes the time to set the stage and not launch immediately into adventure? I know I am complimenting this book for the barest minimum of competency, but my expectations are on the floor. Video game tie in novels are not usually... good, shall we say.

I cannot stress enough this Lion's Arch 2.0 is a travesty and the tour guide (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tour_Guide) is right to complain about it.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

ghost story posted:

I cannot stress enough this Lion's Arch 2.0 is a travesty and the tour guide (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tour_Guide) is right to complain about it.

burn me it's a stingray

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ghost story posted:

The new lion's arch is weird and bad. Why is it so big, flat, and empty?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it's kind of funny that they made LA a massive behemoth but now that there's so many tighter and better hub maps the purpose of making it bigger with a bunch of different areas far away from each other doesn't make sense anymore

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Consider, though: gently caress yeah lobsters.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I wonder if they were going to do more of the world activities there instead of just using divinity reach for literally everything ever?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Halloween is there!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

it's kind of funny that they made LA a massive behemoth but now that there's so many tighter and better hub maps the purpose of making it bigger with a bunch of different areas far away from each other doesn't make sense anymore

ever since I got a pass (mistlock specifically) I almost never go to LA unless I need a specific NPC or to go to dungeons (really love the fact that they added that!!!). It's just so boring.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tambaloneus posted:

I wonder if they were going to do more of the world activities there instead of just using divinity reach for literally everything ever?

I wish because I hate divinity reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Inzombiac posted:

Friggin love the LNY helmet.
Now I can finally play a Dragonborn!

Riding your mom, arent you?