Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NameHurtBrain posted:

Smackdown 1's CAW mode was you chose like, 3 parts. An existing head(and hair), an existing torso, and an existing set of legs. The unlockables were parts for guys not included in the base game, like Pre-RTC Stevie Richards. It was a pretty dire CAW mode to be honest, and IIRC it even had the 'you gotta do preseason mode to get stats for your CAW' dumb bullshit.

SD2's improvements on this was kind of amazing given the games came out like, 9 months apart.

Yeah, SmackDown 1 was just them essentially taking the engine from "The Pro Wrestling", a simple series game, and putting WWF stuff into it. Then SmackDown 2 was the far more refined concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
so what are the caw parts. i just bought street fighter

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I think people overstate how good fight forewvers gameplay is just because the rest of the game is so bad

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Each time I play it, the AI makes lots of mistakes, will always whip someone to the corner and then totally whiff the follow up move.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The things they add to this game just blow my mind.

I downloaded that freebie pack. Now there is a "Community" tab on the character select screen where I can select these lovely CAW looking fuckers like "India Darling", "Randy Delta", "Winter Sacramento", "Kid Dreamer", " and "Wild Bay"

I just.... I don't know

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Astro7x posted:

The things they add to this game just blow my mind.

I downloaded that freebie pack. Now there is a "Community" tab on the character select screen where I can select these lovely CAW looking fuckers like "India Darling", "Randy Delta", "Winter Sacramento", "Kid Dreamer", " and "Wild Bay"

I just.... I don't know

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1758159379067539700?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the one Kenny made is just another one of the Outrunner brothers

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Just make all the existing wrestlers clothes/hairstyles available as CAW parts god drat

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Just make all the existing wrestlers clothes/hairstyles available as CAW parts god drat

Why do that when they can charge you $10 later to be able to wear a cape, robe, or towel as entrance wear?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Winter Sacramento makes me laugh

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This last summer when I played Fight Forever with my 8 year old niece (who does not watch wrestling), she named her character 'Adora Nightingale', so I showed her a Willow Nightingale match and she thought Willow was really cool.

My 6 year old nephews character was 'Agent #6' and honestly kinda sucked.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sandman from ECW posted:

This last summer when I played Fight Forever with my 8 year old niece (who does not watch wrestling), she named her character 'Adora Nightingale', so I showed her a Willow Nightingale match and she thought Willow was really cool.

Well, duh, that's why it took them 41 more tries to get it right :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bring back aki man

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Sacramento Winter is a funny name

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that is actually cool and every wrestler should have their own bespoke caw in the game

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Golden Bee posted:

Sacramento Winter is a funny name

yeah OC's is the best by a pretty wide margin

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

yeah OC's is the best by a pretty wide margin

Britt's looks like Cole forced her to sit with him on the couch to play and she mashed her way through character creation as quickly as possible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Britt's looks like Cole forced her to sit with him on the couch to play and she mashed her way through character creation as quickly as possible.

Britt’s kind of reminds me of Kylie Rae. Cole’s looks exactly like the dorky character I’d expect him to make.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Britt’s kind of reminds me of Kylie Rae. Cole’s looks exactly like the dorky character I’d expect him to make.

I want to hate Cole's gamer side, but The Chugs is just so earnest.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Chugs

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what the hell does that even mean?!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Sandman from ECW posted:

For England, James?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

India Darling got a chuckle out of me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheGamerChugs

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

zetamind2000 posted:

bring back aki man

I think he's in Japan teaming with Mei Suruga

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If nL gets 40k more subs by November they're doing another Rumblethon next year

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1758262330138451995?s=20

If they get 90k, one of the Rumbles is going to be all-CAWs subscribers made :rubby:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

We all know the final 3 would be Poipl daClown vs Andrew Everett vs Poipl daClown Jr. Why even bother? (I already subbed)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Post Malone is going to be DLC in the next WWE game. The cowards probably won’t put Fred Durst back in.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Post Malone is also going to be in the Roadhouse remake as some kind of bar brawler so it's really His Time.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

At least Bad Bunny put in work. PM gets in just because he looks like an ECW midcarder

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

At least Bad Bunny put in work. PM gets in just because he looks like an ECW midcarder

Post Mahoney

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Post Malone is going to be DLC in the next WWE game. The cowards probably won’t put Fred Durst back in.

What's his finisher gonna be, tapping 4 mana to play the One Ring?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

What's his finisher gonna be, tapping 4 mana to play the One Ring?

he summons lugia to crash into the arena

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Posty is basically just Fred Durst for the kids. And by kids I mean people in their early 20s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nobody in their early 20s gives a poo poo about Post Malone he's a washed dude who plays acoustic guitar now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

Nobody in their early 20s gives a poo poo about Post Malone he's a washed dude who plays acoustic guitar now

Oh, just what the world needed, Ed Sheeran with face tattoos

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Alaois posted:

/k/ Boogaloo weirdos like him now because he lives in Utah and shoots guns and hangs out with problematic youtube gun guys

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I remember Posty being the type of white rapper who would use the N word with his friends before he blew up.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Alaois posted:

He doesn’t look washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Alaois posted:

in other words, the newer generation is truly post Malone

:dadjoke:

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 17, 2024