Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
So since they're not permanently barred, sounds like Trump Co. will just be held basically in conservator-ship (not sure what to call it). And the Trump(tm) brand isn't going to get auctioned off.

Unless he can't actually pay his bills because he's actually broke and everything he 'owns' is leveraged to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Putrid Grin posted:

Is 350mil a lot? It’s hard to tell these days . Wasn’t defamation suit like 80mil?

It's a lot. In 2020, the Trump campaign raised about $775 million, so this is nearly half of that. If he actually has to pay the full amount before the election, it'll be a huge blow to his campaign spending.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trump's cash loan empire falls as of today lol

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Banned from running any business in New York for 3 years. Does this mean any business currently running is caput? Like, if he wants to run another operation in 3 years in NY he hast to start up all over?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

morningdrew posted:

Toilet heart attack when

give me a minute

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

morningdrew posted:

Toilet heart attack when

good username this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Let the ketchup hit the wall.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
350 million AND a financial baby-sitter for at least 3 years LMAO

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Get hosed, donny and co and sons

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Rescue Toaster posted:

So since they're not permanently barred, sounds like Trump Co. will just be held basically in conservator-ship (not sure what to call it). And the Trump(tm) brand isn't going to get auctioned off.

Unless he can't actually pay his bills because he's actually broke and everything he 'owns' is leveraged to gently caress.

Don't forget that his current business certificates are canceled in this ruling. Its 3 years till they could come back and make a brand new business.

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare
He’s gonna pay it off in pennies, just to be a jerk.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Post itt every time you lol that Donald got schlonged

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Feels like a long time coming, I've been waiting for these numbers for a while, and the lols will taste extra sweet with my overlap sixer

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
can't he just appeal this in court for years?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Christ, they are attacking the privilege now. That he didn't get a invoice so there's really no attourney-client privilege.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
fuckin :lmao: at all this

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 16, 2024

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The RNC has been trying to get away from trump since he announced his candidacy.

They lost that mini civil war a long time ago

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

TheAgent posted:

Who do you think controls the RNC/GOP at this point?

I was referring to all the money men, not the official leadership, but your point is 100% true. Just means the laughs will definitely keep flowing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

tek79 posted:

Banned from running any business in New York for 3 years. Does this mean any business currently running is caput? Like, if he wants to run another operation in 3 years in NY he hast to start up all over?

An explanation I read somewhere else is that this is just a ban for trying other poo poo in the future, and that the dissolution is stayed on appeal currently with the headsman's axe just waiting to fall.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vire posted:

Don't forget that his current business certificates are canceled in this ruling. Its 3 years till they could come back and make a brand new business.

I think MSNBC was reporting that was removed from the final ruling due to the oversight and personal ban of the people named (Trump, his sons, and I think a few others).

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I think this current attorney is trying some hollywood poo poo where because he never got a dollar from wade he wasn't really his attorney. This is comical, they are just doing this for ole donny because it's so absurd that the judge should really be ending this testimony.

And there you go the judge was like, you're an idiot attorney gently caress off.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Borders on?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Sure I look fat from the front, but when you can't see my gut from behind..."

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Aramis posted:

Borders on?

The border between pathological and something even worse, I assume

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TheAgent posted:

Christ, they are attacking the privilege now. That he didn't get a invoice so there's really no attourney-client privilege.

Judge shuts it down

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So what are Trump’s options in this? Just delay and go to court over it so that he never actually pays? Or is there a time limit on when it’s all due no matter what? I ask this as someone who not of a rich class group of people that regularly just spend millions for lawyers and poo poo.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

laffo irl

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TheAgent posted:

Isn't that, like, a plot point in Breaking Bad or something?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just checking in to say , lol and I was off by 70 million. Probe me please.

Namaste lmao

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Aramis posted:

Borders on?

no no. bergers on.

also. LMAO

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hi, yes, hello.

Will this ball of lint be enough for probation ban immunity?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Ouhei posted:

I think MSNBC was reporting that was removed from the final ruling due to the oversight and personal ban of the people named (Trump, his sons, and I think a few others).

Ah okay your right I see the modification in the order.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

lol he must have posted this right before the ruling dropped

LMAO

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Dead on Arrival posted:

Were I in charge of the RNC or GOP at this point is when I cut Trump loose. You will lose elections and seats going forward, but that was already going to happen. Manage your drat losses and rebuild. But, I can't wait to see them double and triple-down. It is going to be glorious, and the lols will keep coming...

They can't. There may even be a handful of clear eyed persons in RNC / GOP leadership who can see their (financial) ship headed toward the iceberg, but they cannot cut Trump loose. The base adores him, cutting him from the party will cause the GOP to implode and their voters to go apoplectic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aramis posted:

Borders on?

Yes, it borders on pathological, but from the other side. We simply don't have words for something that's beyond pathological.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ringo Star Get posted:

So what are Trump’s options in this? Just delay and go to court over it so that he never actually pays? Or is there a time limit on when it’s all due no matter what? I ask this as someone who not of a rich class group of people that regularly just spend millions for lawyers and poo poo.

IIRC to appeal he has to post a bond of the settlement amount plus a certain percentage (10% maybe?)

so yeah look for the entire RNC to be in a NYC pawn shop window by Monday morning

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Aramis posted:

Isn't that, like, a plot point in Breaking Bad or something?
They are throwing a TON of Hail Mary's here.

Currently they are trying to circumvent privilege again. And again. And again.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I feel like there should have been more penalties, but you can't complain too hard when Trump gets punched like this.