Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Green spewers are absolutely on Medium difficulty, I have run a few missions now with them in it and haven't gone above medium yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
The planetary defense missions are much easier in HL2 than the first game. I think being able to see far out in all directions is key here.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
evacuation missions are a lot more reasonable when you're with a team that's properly built for them.
The tesla coil and timestop thing are great for defense, and autocannons are great against most of the bots.

That said, it's still markedly harder than the other mission types are probably deserving a nerf.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

To be fair, the armor being tied to stats is one of the 2 Cardinal Game Design Sins that Helldivers 2 has committed.
The other is the unskippable post-game stats.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

LazyMaybe posted:

evacuation missions are a lot more reasonable when you're with a team that's properly built for them.
The tesla coil and timestop thing are great for defense, and autocannons are great against most of the bots.

That said, it's still markedly harder than the other mission types are probably deserving a nerf.

Maybe you are right.

Is also true that some people enjoy that type of challenge, that want challenge over everything in the game. Is possible that this mission is the only thing they enjoy currently.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

DarkDobe posted:

To be fair, the armor being tied to stats is one of the 2 Cardinal Game Design Sins that Helldivers 2 has committed.
I'm glad the armour I like aesthetically also has the stats I want

Hope they let us swap armour stats and perks around in the future

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Draupnir was never a Super Earth planet. Any evidence to the contrary is a treasonous lie.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Insert name here posted:

I'm glad the armour I like aesthetically also has the stats I want

Hope they let us swap armour stats and perks around in the future

I just run around in the premium armour because it has a lot of shiny gold on it, and it looks ridiculous instead of functional like the other bits.
I'm like the rich kid who's parents bought a commission only to end up in the trenches exploding to bits.

Also the 50% don't die effect has saved me plenty of times (Especially from friendly air strikes) so it's functionally pretty useful.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

Giving struggling ancient console hardware the opportunity to unload assets and swap cached memory takes time.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

sushibandit posted:

Giving struggling ancient console hardware the opportunity to unload assets and swap cached memory takes time.

Just park them on the 'return to ship' stats screen for as long as they need.
Let everyone else out of purgatory.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Can you take out drop ships with a grenade launcher or is it not worth trying?

And, where should I aim?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

redreader posted:

Can you take out drop ships with a grenade launcher or is it not worth trying?

And, where should I aim?

Grenade launcher is a nope on dropships.
But you CAN shoot it at the bay to splash damage all of the attached bots.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

I can’t wait to see what horrible poo poo the devs let the Illuminate do with their psionics. Hoping for stuff like fake call ins and tagging friendlies with enemy markers in addition to scrambling controls and stragem inputs.

Also can’t wait to get sniped by a cloaked sniper from 300 meters.

Durendal fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I definitely see over 200k divers at the 4 bug planets right now.

I would expect matchmaking tonight to be ROUGH.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Major Operation posted:

I would expect matchmaking tonight to be ROUGH.

Based on the overall trend I wouldn’t count on server stability at all this weekend. It’s on track for your classic delayed viral PC game success. This weekend or next will be like a 500k+ peak concurrent on steam alone imo.

God only knows how many PS5 players are gonna purchase it either, since nothing like this that is good has come out there recently.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This weekend is gonna be unplayable lol

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Unplayable right now? Login limit reached. And just sits there with a counter for a few seconds to try again. I guess thats a form of Freedom?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I was getting that til I closed and relaunched. Then I was in right away.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Just had a rescue mission where the civs all just gathered at the door they're meant to go through and stood around until they blew up :sigh:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yesss finally got my first super samples. They're not actually hard to find, they seem to be in a similar spot in each map. Didn't die once. Now I need a few more trips like that.

Getting interested in either the autocannon if there's a lot of spewers, or the railgun plus shield if there's a lot of chargers (not that it's easy to know exactly, but still). Disengagement and stealth is definitely the name of the game at high difficulties, so orbital smoke (which is unlimited and has a 100 second cooldown so pretty good), and maybe the EMS although the EMS mortar never seems to do much that I can tell.

Basically, killing bugs in any situation but to save your life or another's, or preserve access to an objective is all you want to do. Scout armor helps you go faster and I have thought about the jump pack as well to help with this kind of thing.

The finish screen froze but I'm so glad I still got my samples.

Owl Inspector posted:

Most likely. It's funny because in the media they're talking like it's all fixed. But afaict its worse than ever, albeit maybe easier to join friends and quickplay. But everything else is more broken than it was before.

JonBolds posted:

Based on the overall trend I wouldn’t count on server stability at all this weekend. It’s on track for your classic delayed viral PC game success. This weekend or next will be like a 500k+ peak concurrent on steam alone imo.

God only knows how many PS5 players are gonna purchase it either, since nothing like this that is good has come out there recently.

I bet a bunch of games aping this and deep rock galactic are gonna come out in the nearish future, and I'm here for it. Co-op, pve, extraction I guess you'd call it and just like DRG I love this formula.

Play fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 17, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Also, don't even bother with the defend missions imo. The prize is requisition. Personally I've got way way more of that than I even need. I need medals and super rare samples

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Kinda wish there was an option to have the strategem inputs to always show, not when you're just calling them down. I'll probably commit them to muscle memory at some point but right now it's can be difficult to call some of them down in the middle of a fight.

Just play the strategem commander or whatever it's called mini game in the ship

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh the hellpods are in the front of the ship, silly me

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 17, 2024

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

dog nougat posted:

Just play the strategem commander or whatever it's called mini game in the ship

Isnt that one of the things you can only get by spending a large amount of real money

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Defense extraction missions are doable on the jungle planet.
On the barren planet you are in for a relentless shitpit with zero viable cover that the automatons will roll over immediately.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Owl Inspector posted:

New peak is happening right now!

A tale in two lines:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I dropped into a mission today and instantly died. Like, not after I came out of the pod. Right as the pod touched down lol

Diephoon posted:

New peak is happening right now!

A tale in two lines:

Yeah I might take a bit of a break during peak hours, I can play late tonight being on the west coast or some other time. The game owns, but it really feels like it is falling apart at the seams

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Buddy of mine gifted me this game. It's super cool and I had a ton of fun just getting acclimated with some easy solo missions. Then I tried to join my friends' squad and the game just went "lol nope".

Guess I'm going back to Warframe until Arrowhead fix their connectivity issues.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Isnt that one of the things you can only get by spending a large amount of real money

Stratagem hero, actually. But yeah you get it for buying the deluxe version of the game

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

All this chat about mechs is interesting - in the previous game it was 2D so mechs were as much a liability as not, if you weren’t careful you’d mulch your teammates by just swinging your miniguns about. Not sure how they’re going to balance that with the new perspective and keep the same feel.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My biggest thoughts about the mechs and vehicles is while I definitely want them in the game, I'm worried what they will degrade the incredible foot gameplay into by introducing them.

...Of course they could just build bases, tunnels and places where vehicles can't go.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

explosivo posted:

Green spewers are absolutely on Medium difficulty, I have run a few missions now with them in it and haven't gone above medium yet.

If anyone still needs to finish this daily, check out the dune planet on the mid tier difficulties at least.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

quidditch it and quit it posted:

All this chat about mechs is interesting - in the previous game it was 2D so mechs were as much a liability as not, if you weren’t careful you’d mulch your teammates by just swinging your miniguns about. Not sure how they’re going to balance that with the new perspective and keep the same feel.

The easiest thing would probably be to make vehicles first-person, however even 3rd person can have blindspots :killdozer:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Into the mouth of Hell they dove,
Those four dudes,
You'd think they'd bring more

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

The trick with vehicles in original Helldivers was that you got one (1) for the call-in slot and there was no way to resupply or re-load its guns. Once they went dry it was over.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Its crimininal that you can only have one emote equipped

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah the mechs will be super powerful point defence or breakthrough tools but once that's done you've got to ditch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those unexploded nukes laying around are the ultimate friendship test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Draupnir has fallen! Now it's an Automaton planet, albeit one with 50% liberation. Doesn't seem like it has any effects on the overall campaign yet though.