Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

idk, people wigged tf out about the prius having 0w20 on 10k intervals but the engine routinely goes to 200k+ on nothing but oil and filters. it outlasts the battery virtually every time even with tOo ThIn OiL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
I have had bad experiences driving Subaru's and too light oil. They ran lower weight oil on the exact same engine known for eating its rod bearings to get better gas mileage out of it with predictable results.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

That Works posted:

Wrong thread

absolutely right thread

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Large Testicles posted:

absolutely right thread

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's a good thing this was never seen by public eyes, right thread, that thing has a front fascia only a mother (or someone richer than god) could love.

You can tell it was obviously built on top of something else, the car just looks *weird*

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cactus Ghost posted:

idk, people wigged tf out about the prius having 0w20 on 10k intervals but the engine routinely goes to 200k+ on nothing but oil and filters. it outlasts the battery virtually every time even with tOo ThIn OiL

third gens combined with low friction rings burn hilarious amounts of oil.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I'm a sucker for a T-top

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme
0W-X oils also have a pretty high viscosity index to compensate, meaning that even if it feels like water in room temperature it will not thin so much in operating temperature than thicker viscosity oils.

They also contain much more additives so there is less base oil in the mixture.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That Works posted:

Wrong thread

Right thread. It looks like amateur hour auto design. Like, just a hair above Will.I.Am's "talent."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Right thread. It looks like amateur hour auto design. Like, just a hair above Will.I.Am's "talent."

But, they were built by the same people who made the Buick GNX. American Sunroof Company are the people who were responsible for the GNX, and this abomination made metal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That Works posted:

Wrong thread

It's ugly and it was hand built for a monarch. Right thread

orange juche posted:

But, they were built by the same people who made the Buick GNX. American Sunroof Company are the people who were responsible for the GNX, and this abomination made metal.

That checks out because the GNX is also ugly and highly overrated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
dumb gently caress diesel dave sparks tried to put tracks on a cybertruck to the expected results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You mean the suspension parts made from stamped foil cant take the weight?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Piddly UCAs fail again

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Those things stick so far out how was it not obvious they would act like giant levers on the suspension bits?

Oh yeah, cybertruck owner lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That specific part was called out everywhere when the pre-production trucks were out, including here, for looking really flimsy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

We back again because new Tesla engineering just dropped.

That upper control arm looks flimsier than the ones on my MX5 and there's like 4500lbs difference between them.

https://twitter.com/Mike_M_Klotz/status/1730213020289179902?t=BTTn0mFIfOO4CAkPZ5YTJg&s=19

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wait they just levered those huge tracks out from the stock control arms?

Lol for gently caress sake you guys

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

do you think the kind of people who buy a cybertruck and who also are professional youtube influencers are, how we say, "smart"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my unproven but reasonable assumption about the cybertruck btw is that all the running gear is taken directly from their other cars. no custom drivetrain parts to accommodate the purported use case. like it's just a giant lifted model s with a body kit

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Arrath posted:

and here I am wasting time researching if 12mm spacers would put too much stress on my car's components like some loving chump when I could just yolo it

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

orange juche posted:

They build to order. In this case, to the order of noted paragon of style and taste, the Sultan of Brunei.

Sagebrush posted:

It's ugly and it was hand built for a monarch. Right thread

That checks out because the GNX is also ugly and highly overrated.

...and I thought I liked you!

Arrath posted:

Indeed - the very same control arms that are breaking with the stock tires.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I still like you, forums poster darchangel

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

They build to order. In this case, to the order of noted paragon of style and taste, the Sultan of Brunei.

The Sultan is a land of contrasts.

On the one hand, the 456 Venice:

On the other, that abomination of a Bentley.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

weg posted:

Those things stick so far out how was it not obvious they would act like giant levers on the suspension bits?

I bet it was obvious, and further bet that off camera they said as much. You could stop there, but that's boring, if you go ahead and it breaks, that's a more entertaining video, plus they get to recover it, which is something their channel does, so hey more video performance.

You can think it dumb but it's a living.

Speaking of tracks, right or wrong?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Wrongest thread it can be in, that rules.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This thing is right out of the automotive uncanny valley and it unsettles me on a fundamental level. Right thread.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You mean the suspension parts made from stamped foil cant take the weight?

100% pure Elonium. Which is like Chinesium except lamer in every way.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I bet it was obvious, and further bet that off camera they said as much. You could stop there, but that's boring, if you go ahead and it breaks, that's a more entertaining video, plus they get to recover it, which is something their channel does, so hey more video performance.

This is fine - wrong thread.
The treads on the Cybertruck would have been fine, except, you know Cybertruck.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This thing is right out of the automotive uncanny valley and it unsettles me on a fundamental level. Right thread.

OMG, you're right. This is totally a "non-licensed vehicle" ala GTA V. No, worse than that: Saint's Row.

quote:

100% pure Elonium. Which is like Chinesium except lamer in every way.

(Elonium is at least 85% Bullshit, which explains the tensile strength.)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I've learned from this thread that HFS should be renamed RFS.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Right car
VERY wrong thread

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't like that skyline kit, because it seemed like it would suffer for the same issues as the Cybertruck. There is a whole lot of leverage on the original suspension components, and it's very bad for the car in general. I've seen kits, where the top wheel of the tracks system is in the same space as the factory wheel would have been, so the weight transfers downward. Which would be a whole lot more rugged and usable. I believe someone makes those for Jeeps?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darchangel posted:

OMG, you're right. This is totally a "non-licensed vehicle" ala GTA V. No, worse than that: Saint's Row.

gently caress you say?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Nitrox posted:

I don't like that skyline kit, because it seemed like it would suffer for the same issues as the Cybertruck. There is a whole lot of leverage on the original suspension components, and it's very bad for the car in general. I've seen kits, where the top wheel of the tracks system is in the same space as the factory wheel would have been, so the weight transfers downward. Which would be a whole lot more rugged and usable. I believe someone makes those for Jeeps?

You'd have to cut away a lot of the bodywork to get the tracks to fit, which might not be necessary on jeeps and 4x4s, and something the owner of the skyline wasn't about to do. A purpose - built track car or a beater, hack away man.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

NoWake posted:

You'd have to cut away a lot of the bodywork to get the tracks to fit, which might not be necessary on jeeps and 4x4s, and something the owner of the skyline wasn't about to do. A purpose - built track car or a beater, hack away man.
Oh I understand why they did it, they just went about in the laziest way possible, with potential damage to the suspension and also the unibody, as a treat. It belongs here in terrible car stuff thread. Along with stanced cars and diesel smoke stacks on gas trucks

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Wrongest thread it can be in, that rules.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nitrox posted:

Practically I think it's dumb as hell but I also think R34s are over hyped and overpriced and a very 'easy' way to buy your way into the cool kids club. Kinda like a DeLorean? So someone doing something neat with it is cool as hell. I also don't believe that is a GTR on account that they aren't legal to import yet. GTS sure yeah those are legal and also extremely plentiful.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Practically I think it's dumb as hell but I also think R34s are over hyped and overpriced and a very 'easy' way to buy your way into the cool kids club. Kinda like a DeLorean? So someone doing something neat with it is cool as hell. I also don't believe that is a GTR on account that they aren't legal to import yet. GTS sure yeah those are legal and also extremely plentiful.

That's a GTS, no prominent R badge on it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If that was one of the handful of legal R34s that would be an awful thing to do to it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

That Works posted:

Wrong thread

Oh, I see the game has already started

Keep voting :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BuckyDoneGun posted:

And our second contestant has been introduced and voting is underway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh, I see the game has already started

Keep voting :D

Looks like I am taking this sixer to valhalla

Still think its wrong thread...