Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

sorry for your loss indigi

:')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1758337672450351564

Dementia is pretty hosed-up and I'm sorry Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys is going through it but at least he's getting the care he needs and not being put in charge of the executive branch of the united states of america

After all his struggles to break away from the influence of his dad and Eugene Landy, he has to end up back in a conservatorship? That's depressing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Al! posted:

zoomers were exposed to a ton of microplastics in the womb and as a result hate horny. a solid marketing decision

This is not true according to STD rates

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

it's an apples to oranges shot comparison, that's clearly a shot showing off Rogue's butt
will the new show have a shot designed to show off her butt? i think not.

Mr Hootington posted:

This is not true according to STD rates
they're picking up STDs to make themselves less attractive sexual partners

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

will the new show have a shot designed to show off her butt? i think not.

probably not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the horniest animators can make a living just drawing people's horny fantasies directly now so they don't have to sublimate their horniness into their works

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

it's an apples to oranges shot comparison, that's clearly a shot showing off Rogue's butt

is her butt the apples or oranges

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
boots with the furrrrrrrr

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the voice actress for Rogue went into Canadian politics and i read a funny interview snippet with her where she said she can see it in her colleagues' eyes when they recognize the voice and flash back to getting horny over cartoons for the first time

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/AndrewBuncombe/status/1758556382993981566?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Depp took a bonesaw to Amber Heard's career

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

oh is that why he's always scarfed up? too much nussy?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

Depp took a bonesaw to Amber Heard's career

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
90s Rogue was my waifu. i cannot believe they have stolen her rear end.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
new and good pop music

https://elperrodelmar.bandcamp.com/album/big-anonymous

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I watched The Zone of Interest and that was a good movie that i never want to see again. gently caress me

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

uber_stoat posted:

90s Rogue was my waifu. i cannot believe they have stolen her rear end.

:swoon: psylocke :swoon:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pussy Quipped posted:

I watched The Zone of Interest and that was a good movie that i never want to see again. gently caress me

The director has so much other good work as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkIs37a2JE

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

:stwoon: Jubilee :stwoon:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
https://x.com/HariSel57511397/status/1758251273617375340?s=20

Ok which one of you is this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Listening to Rumours again now and man it really is remarkable how little songwriting Mick Fleetwood did on this album

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Didn't I get in an argument with you or some other Snyder person where I argued the exact opposite of this thread lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

spending $8.99 a month to get dunked on for stupid takes

better to spend the one time fee and post your poo poo-stupid takes here I think

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Can anyone post the thread for us none X havers?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
when you dont realize youre the fascist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Can anyone post the thread for us none X havers?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1758251273617375340.html

the TLDR is that this guy doesn't realize that it's basically a satire of fascism *as fascists perceive it*, and keeps saying stuff like "the things they're fighting are big scary monsters instead of cuddly carebears or poor people" and it's like, yeah, that's how fascists see themselves

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I won't be reading that

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
this guy is engaging with every single reply, which means that he's getting more out of this thread than you. if you're like twenty-sixth in line to do a twitter dunk on a guy and he's already made a boneheaded reply to every dunk so far, there's no more meat on that bone

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Someone in CineD pointed out it might just be some fascist dipshit arguing in bad faith because he's the exact kind of person the movie dunks on. I'd say it's 50/50 if it's bad faith or media illiteracy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1758251273617375340.html

the TLDR is that this guy doesn't realize that it's basically a satire of fascism *as fascists perceive it*, and keeps saying stuff like "the things they're fighting are big scary monsters instead of cuddly carebears or poor people" and it's like, yeah, that's how fascists see themselves

he's already gone wrong by labeling it a parody then just keeps going. also at the end even the patina of self-evident beauty is rubbed off when the next group of the Roughnecks includes children and the pregnant

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

But gotta love that Elons stupid changes now literally reward this kind of attention farming with money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

McCloud posted:

But gotta love that Elons stupid changes now literally reward this kind of attention farming with money.

I thought I read those payouts stopped except for the like top .001% who even had their rate cut in half

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the snydermen

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

indigi posted:

I thought I read those payouts stopped except for the like top .001% who even had their rate cut in half

That's what I hear. The first payoffs were in the range of hundreds of dollars, and it dropped to like tens of dollars, lol. Guess that's what happened when everyone wanted a piece of the cake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

to have profit sharing, first twitter must generate a profit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Aglet56 posted:

this guy is engaging with every single reply, which means that he's getting more out of this thread than you. if you're like twenty-sixth in line to do a twitter dunk on a guy and he's already made a boneheaded reply to every dunk so far, there's no more meat on that bone

https://twitter.com/HariSel57511397/status/1758539873147867583

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Still not reading any of that

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Still not reading any of that

you wrote all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Eh, I'll step up to the plate here. People often say that Starship Troopers the movie is a great satire / parody / refutation of Starship Troopers the book but I don't buy it. Verhoven has stated that he never read the book and - as some one one said here iyn SA - it doesn't really satirize or parody its source material so much as just poo poo all over it, saying the whole thing is stupid. Doesn't mean that it's bad or not funny, but ST isn't much of a parody or satire.