Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

bird with big dick posted:

Baldurs Gate 3 patch 6: now you can suck off Withers.

Finally I don't need to go to Nexus Mods anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Jergal? I got something he can jerg if you know what I’m saying.

Sixty five salamis in a single pouch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Look all I said is "Gale you're welcome to 'consume my magic item' if you know what I mean"

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

code:
new entry "Target_TransmutersStone"
type "SpellData"
data "SpellType" "Target"
data "ContainerSpells" "Target_TransmutersStone_Darkness;Target_TransmutersStone_Constitution;Target_TransmutersStone_MovementSpeed;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Acid;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Cold;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Fire;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Lightning;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Thunder"
data "TargetRadius" "1.5"
data "RequirementConditions" "not HasStatus('TRANSMUTERS_STONE_USED')"
data "Icon" "Action_TransmuterStone_Constitution"
data "DisplayName" "h2ff16a6fg7c0fg4307gb940g13a533bb2096;2"
data "Description" "h31b4cfa4g8a60g4af3g8c4bg9570529ae128;5"
data "ExtraDescription" "h019fb411geaddg4818g9b4fg567b24b5b110;2"
data "CastTextEvent" "Cast"
data "SpellAnimation" "03114753-8d91-4c52-8207-728a67cdd59b,,;,,;bc6778cf-e501-4c69-a72f-bce826a4d2bd,,;b4d106fa-9605-48c8-9f73-2bef4fa9e07d,,;8fcb1f19-a84b-486d-81fa-098aaf7cc9be,,;,,;c5bd6ce6-281c-4314-9f74-9f7bb2f4cf03,,;,,;,,"
data "VerbalIntent" "Buff"
data "SpellFlags" "IsLinkedSpellContainer;HasVerbalComponent"
data "HitAnimationType" "MagicalNonDamage"
data "MaximumTargets" "1"
data "PrepareEffect" "dc1ced70-b61f-4272-9111-453d027e17d2"
data "CastEffect" "2b103056-1f6e-4071-a0fe-8fbc697abfb9"
data "TargetEffect" "676c75da-d477-4230-83fc-dae283c67ee1"
I think I found the culprit they added "IsLinkedSpellContainer". I will have my fast rock back dammit :slick:

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

watchoutitsabear posted:

I know this game has some save bugs- I'm playing on the Xbox and have a Larian account and back up my saves. For the past few days whenever I load BG3 it loads up as if I've never played before, I gotta agree to all the stuff, and then I just have the option to start a new game. After I wait for a while my saves will sync and I can load my game, and that's a little irritating but what's really chapping my rear end is all the tutorials reset and even when I select "no" to "show tutorials" in the options menu they just keep on popping up. Has this happened for anyone else, and is there a way to make it stop besides waiting for Larian to do a patch? Please feel free to viciously mock me if someone else has already posted about this.

Update: I guess the Xbox got the good kissing update today and I'm not having the loading issues anymore, hooray! Had an issue for a hot minute where merchants didn't have any money or items but now they do. I am getting pop ups for every inspiration I've ever gotten cycle through when my game loads, but overall this is less obnoxious than the other issues so hey, thanks Larian.

Update update: oh wow the new kissing is... Very bad. Just asked Gale for a smooch and I don't think I'm ever going to recover from what I just witnessed.

watchoutitsabear fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 16, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is there a way to download and play the different early access builds? I'd love to see how much the first act has changed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

watchoutitsabear posted:

Update: I guess the Xbox got the good kissing update today and I'm not having the loading issues anymore, hooray! Had an issue for a hot minute where merchants didn't have any money or items but now they do. I am getting pop ups for every inspiration I've ever gotten cycle through when my game loads, but overall this is less obnoxious than the other issues so hey, thanks Larian.

Update update: oh wow the new kissing is... Very bad. Just asked Gale for a smooch and I don't think I'm ever going to recover from what I just witnessed.

what these? Seem fine to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHowxLxWAWk

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

spoiler video below but they made the dame fight even better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTVapha7TUo

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shard posted:

Is there a way to download and play the different early access builds? I'd love to see how much the first act has changed

You might be able to download the old depots from steam db. If you have a data cap you might have a bad time.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Shard posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Maybe?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I am on Steam Deck. Merchants have 0 gold, and conversations freeze on exit. Any fixes currently available or do I wait for a Hotfix?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I just got around to finishing the Oskar Fevras questline for the first time on my custom player character. I reach the end where he paints your portrait, I look at it, and motherfucker painted a portrait of Karlach :lol:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

How does multiplayer work for this game? If myself and 3 friends decide to start a campaign is it just one person hosts and the others join as they see fit? Or is there a special mode for multiple people?

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

That middle one rendered differently for me. There was a shocking amount of teeth.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Laezel holds out her hands and gives me closed eye air kisses

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

wizard2 posted:

Laezel holds out her hands and gives me closed eye air kisses

I sent you my screenplay in confidence.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Medullah posted:

How does multiplayer work for this game? If myself and 3 friends decide to start a campaign is it just one person hosts and the others join as they see fit? Or is there a special mode for multiple people?

One person hosts and the others join. If they have custom characters you can ask them to go away and withers will spawn a closet their body goes into. When they connect again they will automatically get assigned to their custom character. You aren’t able to use this to swap out to an origin character which becomes a problem for Shadowheart, Karlach, and maybe Astarion. Lae’zel got mad that she wasn’t brought along but we were able to persuade her.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
gently caress knows what's happened with this patch for me. I've just downloaded 130gb which seems a bit more than the stated amount and it's still unpacking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

gently caress knows what's happened with this patch for me. I've just downloaded 130gb which seems a bit more than the stated amount and it's still unpacking.

It downloaded 21gb but when it's installing it needs the giant amount, I thought the same thing

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

How do you guys play an evil character in this game. I find it extremely difficult to make those choices. Not sure I could deal with being a dark urge character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's simple, really.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I had to quit my embrace run and start over as resist.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does Minthara try to justify why attacking the druids and tieflings is good, actually? I think i've always just hit the "attack her" option

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Larian Studios, Patch #6 posted:

Fixed a bug where the Polearm Master feat reaction would trigger and cause your target to attack you when they're also wielding a polearm.

loving FINALLY, jesus christ, I can finally go update the Feat List!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jay Rust posted:

Does Minthara try to justify why attacking the druids and tieflings is good, actually? I think i've always just hit the "attack her" option

She thinks they have the artifact and is brainwashed by the Absolute because she lacks the prism's protection.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Jay Rust posted:

I don't think she has any reason for you to do it beyond "Praise the Absolute". It's probably one of the hardest choices to justify in-character, you pretty much just have to be an indulgent dark urge who likes killing people for its own sake.

Edit: I guess if you approach things the right way you can get her to agree to take you to Moonrise after the raid is over? Kind of finicky but you might be able to justify it for a more amoral character that way.

Snake Maze fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 16, 2024

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Kraftwerk posted:

How do you guys play an evil character in this game. I find it extremely difficult to make those choices. Not sure I could deal with being a dark urge character.

Go to the hot drow lady in the goblin stronghold and tell her about all the smelly and racist druids you ran into before

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think the official reason is the higher-ups know the artifact has gone missing and the druids/tieflings might be harbouring those who have it, and the unofficial reason is the druids may offer resistance to the cult so it's best to get in there early

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Black Noise posted:

code:
new entry "Target_TransmutersStone"
type "SpellData"
data "SpellType" "Target"
data "ContainerSpells" "Target_TransmutersStone_Darkness;Target_TransmutersStone_Constitution;Target_TransmutersStone_MovementSpeed;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Acid;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Cold;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Fire;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Lightning;Target_TransmutersStone_Resistance_Thunder"
data "TargetRadius" "1.5"
data "RequirementConditions" "not HasStatus('TRANSMUTERS_STONE_USED')"
data "Icon" "Action_TransmuterStone_Constitution"
data "DisplayName" "h2ff16a6fg7c0fg4307gb940g13a533bb2096;2"
data "Description" "h31b4cfa4g8a60g4af3g8c4bg9570529ae128;5"
data "ExtraDescription" "h019fb411geaddg4818g9b4fg567b24b5b110;2"
data "CastTextEvent" "Cast"
data "SpellAnimation" "03114753-8d91-4c52-8207-728a67cdd59b,,;,,;bc6778cf-e501-4c69-a72f-bce826a4d2bd,,;b4d106fa-9605-48c8-9f73-2bef4fa9e07d,,;8fcb1f19-a84b-486d-81fa-098aaf7cc9be,,;,,;c5bd6ce6-281c-4314-9f74-9f7bb2f4cf03,,;,,;,,"
data "VerbalIntent" "Buff"
data "SpellFlags" "IsLinkedSpellContainer;HasVerbalComponent"
data "HitAnimationType" "MagicalNonDamage"
data "MaximumTargets" "1"
data "PrepareEffect" "dc1ced70-b61f-4272-9111-453d027e17d2"
data "CastEffect" "2b103056-1f6e-4071-a0fe-8fbc697abfb9"
data "TargetEffect" "676c75da-d477-4230-83fc-dae283c67ee1"
I think I found the culprit they added "IsLinkedSpellContainer". I will have my fast rock back dammit :slick:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/6852

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Honestly I've not played with it but they're right that poo poo shouldn't disappear. It's literally a rock. If you want to say the buff disappears you should say it's a magical aura or some other poo poo that's intangible. not a rock

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Yeah that mod author sure has some great ideas. Similar grievances too.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Did they remove the ability to send a corpse from your inventory to camp, or was I hallucinating that it had existed?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just started a resistance surge run and a embrace ascension astarian run. Astarian gonna be evil evil

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You could never do that. What you can do is put a container inside a chest. Put a corpse inside that container in a chest. Send the container with the corpse(s) to camp. Russian Nesting doll joke.

Shard posted:

I just started a resistance surge run and a embrace ascension astarian run. Astarian gonna be evil evil

Neutral Evil. Extreme selfishness to the detriment of others. But I'm not trying to burn up in the sun especially now I can go usurp a Lich with Space Wife.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 17, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Black Noise posted:

You could never do that. What you can do is put a container inside a chest. Put a corpse inside that container in a chest. Send the container with the corpse(s) to camp. Russian Nesting doll joke.

Lae'zel - "Oh, you sent me a present? I wonder what's in this box here let me just open it up and................IT'S PERFECT"

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I just got around to finishing the Oskar Fevras questline for the first time on my custom player character. I reach the end where he paints your portrait, I look at it, and motherfucker painted a portrait of Karlach :lol:

Given how much of a sleazy hack that man is I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose instead of it being a bug.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's genuinely a little funny that we are like 6 months past release date, the reward bug for the Artist quest has been there since like day 1, and presumably they still haven't figured out what the gently caress is going wrong on the backend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Monathin posted:

It's genuinely a little funny that we are like 6 months past release date, the reward bug for the Artist quest has been there since like day 1, and presumably they still haven't figured out what the gently caress is going wrong on the backend.

I work in software and hooo boy you'd be surprised and terrified at the hilarious bugs that are out there. We had one where the title of a window was just slightly off center and in order to fix it we would have had to completely re-design how the software worked, it was nuts.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh no, to be clear, I've done QA work for indie games, there is always That One Motherfucking Bug, I understand entirely how this has gone 6 months without a fix.

But it's still pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
E: ^^^^^ 👍

Monathin posted:

I work on a game codebase that’s like 30 years old and there’s some stuff that the original dev wrote in the 90s that I am genuinely afraid to touch because I know it’ll break everything else & when I say everything I mean everything. Sometimes you just have a load bearing bug and have to deal with it.