Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

And that's a lot of hotel rooms they'd have to book, or a suspiciously large bill. Which would be taxed to hell and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol: when you realize if Trump never became president he would not be facing any of this poo poo

Or the Republican party. Trump still has a shot at the Presidency again, in which we're all hosed if he wins, but just imagine the brighter timeline where Trump, the living embodiment of all the worst things about American culture, not just completely destroys himself but also makes the GOP unelectable for a generation. The GOP also being the representation of all the worst parts of US culture. Again, there's still a worst case scenario looming above us but if the Presidential election goes the same way every other election has gone for Republicans since 2020 the vindication will send the collective balls of all of humanity to the edge of the universe.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Stunning Honky posted:

One hundred percent same. Registered as a Dem at the fuckin' county fair (i mean good job guys) and dropped a ballot for Kerry. Then decided I was left and not a party person and switched to Ind as soon as I could

Haha nice, I registered to vote at the Warped Tour. I was there to see Bad Religion and The Offspring but left before either took the stage because everything was so expensive and corporate. Huge lovely lines to buy water at massively inflated prices. We left after a couple hours and went to smoke weed instead lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tek79 posted:

Or the Republican party. Trump still has a shot at the Presidency again, in which we're all hosed if he wins, but just imagine the brighter timeline where Trump, the living embodiment of all the worst things about American culture, not just completely destroys himself but also makes the GOP unelectable for a generation. The GOP also being the representation of all the worst parts of US culture. Again, there's still a worst case scenario looming above us but if the Presidential election goes the same way every other election has gone for Republicans since 2020 the vindication will send the collective balls of all of humanity to the edge of the universe.

That's what's pretty exciting! We could either end in doom or maybe a near total smashing victory. Or some more middling victory. Various types of victories possible, only one type of real doom.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I want Trump to get so angry he has a stroke and collapses live on air.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The 16 retruths at the bottom is :discourse:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I think you covered pretty much every base, and gave his reading and comprehension level a sweetheart of a boost.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

God dammit. I got halfway through reading this before I realized it was fake

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cornwind Evil posted:

I clicked on the GoFundMe link.

Someone donated $2500.

$2500 could make a serious difference, if just for small things, for most of the people in this thread.

I could buy more Lego

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol: when you realize if Trump never became president he would not be facing any of this poo poo

He would have, and sooner.
He was starting to get felt up by the banks and whoever he owed money to, and going for presidency was one of the possible ways to delay or get out of it.
Even if he lost 2016 it would have made them back a short while so he can get the next con on.

But he won, and the greed dial turned itself upto 11, turning it into it happening today.
If he kept low, did gently caress all while as president, he would be untouchable.
But nope, has to tweet out every second what the brain worms are telling him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kw0134 posted:

And that's a lot of hotel rooms they'd have to book, or a suspiciously large bill. Which would be taxed to hell and back.

And that'd probably also be another bunch of crimes Trump would be charged with; I'm no expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure that most business owners (or at least, those owning businesses above a certain size) can't just dip into the company's coffers and help themselves to money, without incurring a bunch of legal issues. Trump suddenly having $500 million to pay his legal bills off, with no visible accountability, and after an extended stay by people associated with the House of Saud, would get the feds on him even faster than even the classified documents did.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frank Frank posted:

God dammit. I got halfway through reading this before I realized it was fake

No it's real, I just checked

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Hollismason posted:

I honestly could see Kushner bailing Trump out.

I don't, Trump is not Jared's brother and I expect Jared resents all the times he cry wanked in the corner as Trump mauled Ivanka.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And that'd probably also be another bunch of crimes Trump would be charged with; I'm no expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure that most business owners (or at least, those owning businesses above a certain size) can't just dip into the company's coffers and help themselves to money, without incurring a bunch of legal issues. Trump suddenly having $500 million to pay his legal bills off, with no visible accountability, and after an extended stay by people associated with the House of Saud, would get the feds on him even faster than even the classified documents did.

This is absolutely what he's going to do: do more crimes to pay for these existing crimes. He'll be his own ponzi

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
As a general rule, rich people do not randomly give their money away especially to us poors (Donald is poor now lmao)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

As a general rule, rich people do not randomly give their money away especially to us poors (Donald is poor now lmao)

Sure they do!

Give Trump a million, maybe he'll give you a million Trump bucks.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

Many of the risks that fell into the government’s lap felt so remote as to be unreal: that a cyberattack left half the country without electricity, or that some airborne virus wiped out millions, or that economic inequality reached the point where it triggered a violent revolution. Maybe the least visible risks were of things not happening that, with better government, might have happened. A cure for cancer, for instance.

quote:

Thu 27 Sep 2018 01.00 EDT

nostralewis strikes again

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like this thread way way overestimates how connected trump is to Putin. Putin plays politics and Trump was president so of course he played trump. But there isn’t some deep friendship there

unfortunately, yeah. I think the closest connection is that trungo likes Tucker Carlson, and Tucker recently had a bomb implanted in his skull, the detonator for which is an app on Putin's phone.

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 17, 2024

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

I honestly could see Kushner bailing Trump out.

He could.
But these are the Trumps.
Don is $360 mill in a hole, and is increasing with the further lawsuits, and has nothing to leave them when he dies.
He could pay of the fine for him, but Don will just end up tweeting how he beat the fine within a day and incur more fines.
And then there will be questions on how did he get it.

I wouldn't be surprised that Jared and Ivanka are ghosting the rest of the family.
They got their poo poo squirreled away in the Middle East.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

morningdrew posted:

lmao they have him penned in LIKE A DOG

beautiful

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Should have known this was fake when he said he was raising money for his kids, too. The real Donald would never do that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kushner loaning thr 360 million so he gets all the property when Trump croaks is the scenario I see.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Kushner loaning thr 360 million so he gets all the property when Trump croaks is the scenario I see.

Why pay $360 million when you can just wait and buy it at fire sale prices

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hollismason posted:

Depending on how leveraged the properties are that may not be possible. Like he claims to be the owner of his properties but in reality there may be so many liens that effectively it's owned by the lenders, in the same way legally most homeowners have the name on the deeds but they're three mortgage payments away from being homeless.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Hollismason posted:

A bunch of golf courses, a former golf course reclassified as a cemetery to avoid liquidation, and poorly maintained buildings full of decrepit gilded poo poo in locations where the family is utterly despised? Not to mention bailing out the father-in-law who is always leering at your wife will just cause more questioning about your Saudi fun bucks. Doesn't seem worth it unless Ivanka is begging for the bail out and why would she?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kw0134 posted:

Depending on how leveraged the properties are that may not be possible. Like he claims to be the owner of his properties but in reality there may be so many liens that effectively it's owned by the lenders, in the same way legally most homeowners have the name on the deeds but they're three mortgage payments away from being homeless.

Trump with his properties will be like Ric Flair with his old WCW Championship belt: trying to sell it to one person to get money to pay his legal obligations, when it's already being used as collateral for a loan from another person

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How did Clinton do with black voters vs Biden? I've heard Biden's support with black voters is very strong because he served 8 years working for the first black president without undermining him and coming off as a loyal confidant. I kind of wonder if HRC possibly suffered the opposite and did worse because of how contentious the 2008 primary was, and bailing after the first term.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Has this lunatic ever genuinely questioned why she has been banned from like every platform ever, besides Musk's poo poo NaziTwiiter?

Like you were banned from Ubereats for being that much of a loving kook.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Clinton was the first black president.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Trump with his properties will be like Ric Flair with his old WCW Championship belt: trying to sell it to one person to get money to pay his legal obligations, when it's already being used as collateral for a loan from another person

did someone say Ric Flair?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You can't just drop this anecdote, that's insane

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TulliusCicero posted:

Has this lunatic ever genuinely questioned why

No

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Trump can just sell 5% of the Trump Brand to pay the fine.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How did Clinton do with black voters vs Biden? I've heard Biden's support with black voters is very strong because he served 8 years working for the first black president without undermining him and coming off as a loyal confidant. I kind of wonder if HRC possibly suffered the opposite and did worse because of how contentious the 2008 primary was, and bailing after the first term.

according to pew clinton went 91-6, biden 92-8

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

kazil posted:

did someone say Ric Flair?

I get all my advice from Ric Flair. When he's not available I ask to speak to that guy who played Hercules, whatever his name is.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

TulliusCicero posted:

Has this lunatic ever genuinely questioned why

Hers is not to question why
Hers is but to grift and lie

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

If someone was going to help trump pay the fine, it would be like selling some fractional piece of an llc with some portion of maralago. It would be a shell in a shell company and be opaque as hell. You all are thinking like non rich people. It might eve let Donnie say that maralago is worth 2 billion or whatever as that would be the assessed value. Now who might give him the money, and would this get caught with all the extra scrutiny, idk

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bone Crimes posted:

If someone was going to help trump pay the fine, it would be like selling some fractional piece of an llc with some portion of maralago. It would be a shell in a shell company and be opaque as hell. You all are thinking like non rich people. It might eve let Donnie say that maralago is worth 2 billion or whatever as that would be the assessed value. Now who might give him the money, and would this get caught with all the extra scrutiny, idk
The money would come from Capital, who would conjure it with their capitalism powers.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
sippin' on coffee and enjoying a pastry this morning feeling grateful my general shitheadery hasn't gotten me on the hook for half a billion dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Melania should have divorced his rear end in 2022. Sold high.