Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 27: Silent Message

Closing time~
You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

:siren: Alert alert alert Nick and Lever isn't over after all! :siren:

https://x.com/miyatakyogoro/status/1758642419669532774?s=20

The boys are back in town~

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

:siren: Alert alert alert Nick and Lever isn't over after all! :siren:

https://x.com/miyatakyogoro/status/1758642419669532774?s=20

Awww yeah! It's a - hang on, just checking my calendar - Champion Crab Races Day miracle!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

God bless us, every one.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
you know, I don't know if I've ever really heard of a haunted house story where the government is immediately involved and willing to bomb it and put up a bounty to anyone who can destroy it, it's kind of a novel concept for a genre that's usually intensely localized and psychological

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the fact that ichiban cannot summon nick and lever as Poundmates is a travesty

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Emzedoh posted:

Start spreading the news!

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

This is excellent news!

To celebrate I'll post this special chapter that I have no idea where it fits in to what was published, it seems it was a twitter extra? Either way please enjoy Nick & Lever Sidestory: Cosplay

Lit! Cool!

Lever's really gone all out with his costume! If you look closely at the details between the two you can really see the difference: Nick's is shoddy, seemingly home made in places, while Lever's is high quality store bought. He's a dedicated fan!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Velvet Gewgaw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Adding great galloping god to my list of exclamations

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Great galumphing God, for seal fans

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Emzedoh posted:

Some fantastic edits in this page.

Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest... What is the charge? Drawing a house? A succulent Japanese house?

:golfclap:

Flournival Dixon posted:

you know, I don't know if I've ever really heard of a haunted house story where the government is immediately involved and willing to bomb it and put up a bounty to anyone who can destroy it, it's kind of a novel concept for a genre that's usually intensely localized and psychological

It's definitely one of the things that hooked me. Tossing genre conventions right out the window from the start. The instant escalation. How intense the Prime Minister is. The house isn't just dangerous because it's malevolent and you're trapped in it, it's completely implacable. The story will get psychological, but that's not all there is to it and I think that's pretty fun

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: this fish could basically be a demiurge tbh i should write him a title page

quote:

The song of loving – the song of strength. The heart-armor, blood red, that withstands all obstacles.

Set this in your center like pillar of star-iron – You exist.

Oh lover mine, oh enemy mine, you will stand erect forever. Nothing will blow you over.

Relish in your self-same violence. You exist. That should be enough.

-Spasms

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

We already had haunted house, but what about second haunted house?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

The second iteration of the 'obscure webcomic tournament' is going on: https://www.tumblr.com/obscurewebcomictournament

There's a whole lot of comics in there that aren't at all obscure, this is apparently by design, but if learning that, say, 57% of the poll respondents either didn't know of or misclicked about knowing "Gunshow" is really something else. (https://www.tumblr.com/obscurewebcomictournament/742500282046562304/obscure-webcomic-20-round-1-i)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

I think it's time
to

FISH
SIX
BILLION
CRITTLERS

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

fritz posted:

The second iteration of the 'obscure webcomic tournament' is going on: https://www.tumblr.com/obscurewebcomictournament

There's a whole lot of comics in there that aren't at all obscure, this is apparently by design, but if learning that, say, 57% of the poll respondents either didn't know of or misclicked about knowing "Gunshow" is really something else. (https://www.tumblr.com/obscurewebcomictournament/742500282046562304/obscure-webcomic-20-round-1-i)

BSF isn't listed so how good could this tournament possibly be :colbert:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
White chain has only completed 50% of that hat she can't wear it until she is worthy

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think it's time
to

FISH
SIX
BILLION
CRITTLERS

to catch a FISH, first equip FISH LURE

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Sept 23-30, 1945)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

28TH CENTURY SUPERFAN

*boomp*
"Hey, you got your tragedy in my comedy!"
"You got your comedy in my tragedy!"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
RIP Butler. The best character in this comic.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I'm assuming that "the earliest you can travel back is 200 years" is a mistranslation and it was meant to say the exact opposite (i.e. "the most recent you can travel back is 200 years")

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I'm assuming that "the earliest you can travel back is 200 years" is a mistranslation and it was meant to say the exact opposite (i.e. "the most recent you can travel back is 200 years")

Yeah, that was my assumption.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

"You can't travel less than 200 years back" would probably be the clearest way to phrase that

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's ba~ack

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think it's time
to

FISH
SIX
BILLION
CRITTLERS

I'm in the K6BD thread since we originally caught up to the comic here, and saw those there. Just want to emphasize how much I appreciate them. Lake Crittlers lives in my head forever now.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Ms. Rimon Part Two

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let's see if changing the dialogue improves this comic

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

concerning

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

meat dreams

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Is she about to figure out the mycoprotein steak?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I figure she's about to wake up to find only the gnawed bones of everyone on the ship.

fritz posted:

Maybe people are clicking the one they like better? Following instructions is hard!

---

What the hell, Gunnerkrigg Court is on this as well? What's next, Penny Arcade?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm sorry to inform everyone here, that we're old.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

No... no!

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 56: God Save the Oribe

I think hearing Hideyoshi say that would break poor Sasuke's heart.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 29.5: The Story of Her Awakening

Oh, that kind of awakening...

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Let's see if changing the dialogue improves this comic

100% success, much improved.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

It's not clear if Lady Hawthorne planned this from the start or if she just figured the real Hawthorne would be a useful meal ticket who would be easy to control. Sure, having the title and money to themselves is useful, but she's also very much a power-behind-the-throne type. Also, she couldn't really have been sure that Van Lund would play along so enthusiastically. Regardless, she's certainly not broken up that it came to this.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Right then, after Round and Round we've got...

Oh! Metroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

another one to wash out the taste of good comics