Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

John Murdoch posted:

That dragon, racism.

One of the Tales of games is about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

One of the Tales of games is about this.

One of?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tales of rebirth is cool because it does the catgirl racism thing but it actually has a pretty nuanced and well done depiction of mixed race kids, but also the final boss is a dragon made out of racism

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like no literally all the racist thoughts in the world come together to form a giant dragon

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats how the dutch came into existence in our world

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Endorph posted:

like no literally all the racist thoughts in the world come together to form a giant dragon

more like a giant chud

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Racist dragons are easy to fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jVAHAuiS4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is the only good joke in the anime fairy tail

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Youtube is diseased, rotten to the core. There's no hope of it improving.

We need a goon channel that people can collaborate videos together on. One person can talk about anime and manga without either being insane or having standards so low that Goblin Slayer, the cult-backed anime and The Promised Neverland make the list. Another can talk about the games industry and try to point out that the publishers and investors are more the villains of any story than the VAs, programmers and writers usually. Someone else can constantly roast all these terrible ads youtubers gormlessly endorse like BetterHelp, OperaGX, and the dozen or so mattresses.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Alaois posted:

thats how the dutch came into existence in our world

I will have you know that we all sprouted from the Drenthe swamplands, thank you very much.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I'm seeing multiple layers of youtubers. It's like a matryoshka set of commentary. You have youtubers that talk about tangible stuff. Then the youtubers that comment about those youtubers. Then a third layer where youtubers are dispensing lore of the drama between other commentary youtubers. It's such a weird and parasitic subculture.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Panfilo posted:

I'm seeing multiple layers of youtubers. It's like a matryoshka set of commentary. You have youtubers that talk about tangible stuff. Then the youtubers that comment about those youtubers. Then a third layer where youtubers are dispensing lore of the drama between other commentary youtubers. It's such a weird and parasitic subculture.

And still, below, we have channels reading reddit threads.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Panfilo posted:

It's like a branching content human centipede - the question is how many other creators are you okay with it passing through before it reaches your mouth. The ones at the front have to find their own food, but once you get to the middle you've got all that taken care of for you, at a small price.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yessss that's it! Thank you!

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 17, 2024

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

John Murdoch posted:

That dragon, racism.

you telling me Kazuma Kiryu's a chud?

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Turning off YouTube history recently has made my experience with YouTube a lot more positive since there aren't terrible thumbnails clawing for my attention every time I open it. You don't really need to experience the lovely part of YouTube, it can be largely avoided. That being said goons could be like weirdo academics and post on Vimeo lmfao, which reminds me there is a fantastic 2 hour essay on Supercuts over on Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/440746435

But I came here to post this essay by pyramid inu on performance and identity in Gundam turn A, so I should do that before I forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_yVPIVTy0

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

RareAcumen posted:

Youtube is diseased, rotten to the core. There's no hope of it improving.

We need a goon channel that people can collaborate videos together on. One person can talk about anime and manga without either being insane or having standards so low that Goblin Slayer, the cult-backed anime and The Promised Neverland make the list. Another can talk about the games industry and try to point out that the publishers and investors are more the villains of any story than the VAs, programmers and writers usually. Someone else can constantly roast all these terrible ads youtubers gormlessly endorse like BetterHelp, OperaGX, and the dozen or so mattresses.

bring back slowbeef from the dead

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Sydin posted:

This is my favorite room because not only is it an insane themed room, but the purpose seems to be for... nothing? Like there's a couch/recliner thing with foot rest in the middle but it just faces a wall with a poster on it. The room for peaceful contemplation while Spiderman tries to websling you?

why is there a tissue box underneath the poster in between two candleholders?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Need something to clean up the webs.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

ah, he's doing a different kind of webslinging in there

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

euroshopper posted:

bring back slowbeef from the dead
He streams regularly on Twitch

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You know who else streams regularly on twitch?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

my mom

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That's not Twitch bud

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Dongicus posted:

Inventions

Tommy talarico: sonic soundtrack, lightbulb, amico

Hbomberguy: post in 2013 defending kill la kill

No loving way.

It’s been 11 years since Kill la kill aired??

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
gently caress it I'm delurking for five seconds to share this awesome video about the Sims 2's alternate reality music scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7q40DMEeA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Solar Tornado posted:

No loving way.

It’s been 11 years since Kill la kill aired??
yeah it aired in late 2013-early 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chud la chud

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
remember everyone was really hyped about kill la kill until the rape lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

remember everyone was really hyped about kill la kill until the rape lol
"Trigger is going to save anime" - a subforum at the time half-filled with people who only watched Toonami

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

butt slapping continues

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alaois posted:

butt slapping continues
we're not talking about keijo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Kill la Kill still owns /uc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alaois posted:

butt slapping continues

Where the gently caress is R. Mika in the roadmap Capcom?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gridman and dynazenon were good tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Trigger is going to save anime" has become truer with every new show and movie they create.

Except their two Star Wars shorts. Those both kinda sucked, but at least the one about the dueling twins had a shitpost energy to it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will save anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

"Trigger is going to save anime" has become truer with every new show and movie they create.

Except their two Star Wars shorts. Those both kinda sucked, but at least the one about the dueling twins had a shitpost energy to it.
anime doesnt need saving theres plenty of good non trigger anime. perish

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

trigger didn't save anime but they sure as gently caress saved CD Projekt Red lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Alaois posted:

trigger didn't save anime but they sure as gently caress saved CD Projekt Red lol