Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kid Rock gonna buy 3 pairs and be the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

bring back the meat shoes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone need a new pair of $399 shoes?

https://gettrumpsneakers.com

Strictly 3 per order act now!!!!!!!

$400 sounds like a lot but then you realize that's about what you'd pay for a pair of toilets at Home Depot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Real supporters get these:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

One of the funniest exchanges ever was asking a guy who clearly had a table saw amputation of finger if it was from a table saw. He deadpanned "no actually, it was from an accident in my fencing club" "oh really?!" "Nope, it was a table saw..."

3 generations of men before me are missing fingers from table saws.

My father lost his index finger in 1991, working alone in the garage. I was on the first date of my entire life. I came home to an empty house with an open garage, and a big pile of blood-soaked sawdust with drying drops of blood in a trail through the house. Thankfully, a neighbor came over after a few minutes of utter panic and told me what happened.

My grandfather had his ring finger missing as long as I knew him. He never told me how; his stories ranged from "I was picking my nose and something up there bit it off" or other poo poo to scare kids. After he died, my dad talked about how he was a Seabee, and lost it at Guadalcanal to a tablesaw in the rush to get airfields laid down. Just doing engineering work under occasional sniper fire, a bloody bandage wrapped around a finger he knew would never get re-attached.

My great-grandfather lost a thumb to table-saw in Texas, working in a remote camp for Standard Oil when the first derricks were being put up.

I don't work with wood.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Docjowles posted:

What is the point of the posts furthest out from the pool. They look like they wouldn’t even be holding weight and if they started to it wouldn’t last long. I mean that’s not even the top 5 most pressing question about Groverpool but still. There’s a lot of lols to unpack here.

$5 says they're outriggers hastily installed in situ when the entire platform started to tip over downhill mid-fill

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

One bit about my father missing half his index finger; he was the dockmaster at a shipyard here in Mobile after retiring from the Navy. During one all-management meeting when the owner of the yard was in town (George Gibbs was from Jacksonville, owned a yard there, half-owned a yard in Tampa with George Steinbrenner, and owned one in Mobile), he was there only because of his position, not because he needed to brief anything. So a yard superintendent leaned over to him while someone else was talking, and asked when the docking was scheduled for a cruise ship coming in. Dad held up both hands, all fingers out. "10 AM?", the superintendent asked. My dad shook his head, and stone-faced, said "9:30."

The guy laughed so hard he disrupted the meeting and got kicked out.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
It was a cool overcast day so my family did a lot of work taking down big limbs from an oak tree and clearing the debris. I did not wear a hat. I totally got a sunburn on my bald head :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Kid Rock gonna buy 3 pairs and be the only one.

Sold out, though there's a red sneaker and a white sneaker for $199.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

GD_American posted:

One bit about my father missing half his index finger; he was the dockmaster at a shipyard here in Mobile after retiring from the Navy. During one all-management meeting when the owner of the yard was in town (George Gibbs was from Jacksonville, owned a yard there, half-owned a yard in Tampa with George Steinbrenner, and owned one in Mobile), he was there only because of his position, not because he needed to brief anything. So a yard superintendent leaned over to him while someone else was talking, and asked when the docking was scheduled for a cruise ship coming in. Dad held up both hands, all fingers out. "10 AM?", the superintendent asked. My dad shook his head, and stone-faced, said "9:30."

sawstop ftw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The people being very conspicuous with Apple's headset in public tells me those sneakers will be popular with a very specific crowd of people who love being yelled at.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

The people being very conspicuous with Apple's headset in public tells me those sneakers will be popular with a very specific crowd of people who love being yelled at.

it's the same dumb cunts that festoon their cars and houses with flags and stickers and god knows what else just with more disposable income

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I helpes make about 125 eggrolls and they are delicious. Worth the endless vegetable grating. Also helped my friend transplant a bunch flowers after. Feels like a productive day.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trump also apparently ‘launched’ those at Sneakercon, which would be the equivalent of him introducing a car at SEMA or the Detroit/LA Auto Show.

Somebody needs to track down whatever factory in China put those together and ask some drat questions.

GD_American posted:

"10 AM?", the superintendent asked. My dad shook his head, and stone-faced, said "9:30."

I drat near woke up the toddler laughing at that

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm lol'in over here at the idea of a bunch of fat divorced white chuds in their 50's showing up in their new Trump Sneakers at the Playa Hater's Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIwj1TQmFs&t=109s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

guys...

https://x.com/Shaihuluddedune/status/1758629963081691485?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like that taps into the German mind that should only be applied for things like this and not other, scarier applications I can think of

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This is the sort of thing that should be on ESPN2 at 3 AM.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

Jorts are just how you salvage worn out jeans, like, that's always been and will always be a thing

but also just wear what you want, fashion is a stupid obession that convinces people to dispose of billions of articles of still good clothing, a massive environmental disaster especially since most clothes are made of microplastic fibers now and also who cares what people think about how you look

unless you're single and trying to attract someone, or you're going to a job interview, in which case yes by all means conform, you idiot, how you dress sends signals about what kind of person you are and your future depends on those moments, for gently caress's sake

Catching up because I haven't been here in a week.

Actually, everyone cares about how you (general you) look, even you whether you want to admit it or not. Wearing flattering clothing is important. My coworker is about to get her rear end fired because she rolls up to work in poo poo that doesn't fit her and makes her look like a child in her mom's cast off clothing. Technically, she's complying with the dress code but she looks sloppy and unkempt and it is 100% affecting how she's treated at work. One day she came in in a pair of pants about 4" too long and she clipped the ends up with binder clips because in her mind that solved the problem. She's about 5' tall so all pants are going to be long. She will just order stuff on Amazon and if she can get it on her body she wears it, no matter if it fits well or not. I'm a plus size 5'3" round girl so I understand the struggle to find clothes that fit and if I can do it she can too.

My point is that dressing yourself is a life skill, not just vanity. How you present yourself through clothing and hygiene is extremely important. My coworker thinks fashion is for airheads and she's an intellectual but that's just an excuse.

I agree fast fashion is a problem but if that's your hang up then invest in good poo poo and have it tailored. Dressing well is not just for dates and job interviews and it's a skill you have to keep sharp because if you only use it some of the time you lose it.

I'm dressing up this Friday for a girls night at a speakeasy and I plan to look fine as gently caress. "Who cares what you wear" is for people who've never found an outfit that makes them feel amazing. That makes me sad.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 18, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If your coworker is getting fired for her attire while complying with the dress code I hope she enjoys her fat wrongful termination payout? I’m guessing you mean they need her (or someone in general) gone and the way she dresses will contribute to them picking her even if it’s not said out loud. Which still sucks but seems like less of a labor lawyer bat signal.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

There are other things happening but it's a factor. Hygiene is an issue as well. They don't necessarily have a "make sure your pants hems don't drag the ground clause" yet but there may be one in the future. It's not my call to make.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had a coworker who was great at their job but smelled like a Smash Bros tournament, and gonna be honest, made me think twice everytime about interacting with him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

loving Mediacom not only jacked up my monthly bill and then shut off my Internet after agreeing to a payment arrangement.

End all for-profit utilities.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

The Central Park looking area is Balboa Park. Absolutely tons of museums and cool stuff to look at. Big recommended. The aviation museum and museum of man are my favorites.

You're also close to the USS Midway, which is a super cool tour too.

Edgewater Grill and Sally's Fish House in Seaport village are great for local seafood. Hi Poke is in the same area if that's your thing.

Big post-trip thanks for this. That area is packed with stuff to do and places to eat. Friday to Sunday we did the zoo (very impressive), walked that boardwalk down to the shops, toured the Midway, did the air and space museum then the recently renamed museum of us. Ate at the Local Eatery (travel day dinner, it was close), Full Moon sushi, Sally's Fish House, Las Hadas, Hi Poke, and Barbusa. Not a bad meal in the bunch. We didn't have a way to keep or reheat leftovers, so we absolutely stuffed ourselves at Las Hadas.

My wife went back to MN on Monday, and I stayed for work training through Friday. We went to a different restaurant in Little Italy that wasn't nearly as good as Barbusa, but that was really it for noteworthy food for those days. We split into groups for different activities on Thursday, and I got to see the little blue penguins at the Birch Aquarium. In total the training was about 50 people, which is our entire group at work from associates up to partner-in-charge. The highlight of the work portion of the trip was VIP backroom karaoke with the partners keeping the room stocked with beer and soju until midnight. That was also the night before I gave my training presentation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Big post-trip thanks for this. That area is packed with stuff to do and places to eat. Friday to Sunday we did the zoo (very impressive), walked that boardwalk down to the shops, toured the Midway, did the air and space museum then the recently renamed museum of us. Ate at the Local Eatery (travel day dinner, it was close), Full Moon sushi, Sally's Fish House, Las Hadas, Hi Poke, and Barbusa. Not a bad meal in the bunch. We didn't have a way to keep or reheat leftovers, so we absolutely stuffed ourselves at Las Hadas.

My wife went back to MN on Monday, and I stayed for work training through Friday. We went to a different restaurant in Little Italy that wasn't nearly as good as Barbusa, but that was really it for noteworthy food for those days. We split into groups for different activities on Thursday, and I got to see the little blue penguins at the Birch Aquarium. In total the training was about 50 people, which is our entire group at work from associates up to partner-in-charge. The highlight of the work portion of the trip was VIP backroom karaoke with the partners keeping the room stocked with beer and soju until midnight. That was also the night before I gave my training presentation.

Glad you had fun! I sometimes forget how great a city San Diego can be for tourists. Hope you'll come back :)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

We did a short trip to SD last month. Unfortunately our 7 year old immediately got “throwing up every hour for a full day” sick so we basically spent the whole time in the hotel room. Kids are such a blessing and a treasure :shobon: What we did see was very fun and interesting though and I very much want to come back for better experience.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Pupdate: nap time

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I had a coworker who was great at their job but smelled like a Smash Bros tournament, and gonna be honest, made me think twice everytime about interacting with him.

The worst conversation of my entire professional career was having the hygiene talk with a young soldier.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

The worst conversation of my entire professional career was having the hygiene talk with a young soldier.

When I got a new senior manager at a job he went around and met with us, asked us about career goals, etc. I asked him about management and the challenges of it, he was like "obviously there's the challenges of managing underperforming people, but the worst conversation I ever had was having to tell someone how bad they smelled after multiple complaints from his coworkers."

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

GD_American posted:

I remember watching a royal marines commando school show where the corporal in charge stripped himself naked and had a shower in front of like 40 new recruits, showing them how to wash their dick, balls and arse crack, like it was nothing, and explaining later you can never tell what kind of household they came from.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Took 10 years but wife finally wore me down

https://imgur.com/a/Tds9LO1

She’s super cuddly and made herself at home laying on my side of the bed. Just gotta get Isla used to this small thing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tournament of Champions!!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

a sexual elk posted:

She’s super cuddly and made herself at home laying on my side of the bed. Just gotta get Isla used to this small thing

Awwww that's a pretty kitty. She looks like she's playful :3:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Fat Jesus posted:

I remember watching a royal marines commando school show where the corporal in charge stripped himself naked and had a shower in front of like 40 new recruits, showing them how to wash their dick, balls and arse crack, like it was nothing, and explaining later you can never tell what kind of household they came from.

See, while this would never work anywhere outside a very limited military scope, it's perfect. Calls nobody out, assumes no knowledge, sets a baseline for expectations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

a sexual elk posted:

She's so cute and I wanna pet her.

The worst experience I had supervising was having a conversation with someone I was supervising about the fact that she never, ever washed her hands after using the bathroom. I got told she didn't need wash her hands because hamd sanitzer exists and they never washed their hands when she was my age and it was fine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

GD_American posted:

See, while this would never work anywhere outside a very limited military scope, it's perfect. Calls nobody out, assumes no knowledge, sets a baseline for expectations.

Yea it would be good to have in high school health class, except a teacher stripping naked in front of students obviously poses a ton of problems.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea it would be good to have in high school health class, except a teacher stripping naked in front of students obviously poses a ton of problems.

I actually wonder now if hygiene is covered in like elementary-middle school health classes. It wasn't when I grew up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm not surprised to hear that the majority of clowns on the street have no idea how to do anything, but "Washing your drat self because that's the point of being in the shower/bath" isn't exactly complicated material to figure out on your own, either.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

well just imagine you drove a b double livestock truck and couldn't shower for up to 3 days at a time. At least i had fresh underwear and pants packed away, everyone in this industry smells somewhat rich. But we scub up nicely on the weekends if we get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm not surprised to hear that the majority of clowns on the street have no idea how to do anything, but "Washing your drat self because that's the point of being in the shower/bath" isn't exactly complicated material to figure out on your own, either.

I think you’ll find that scrubbing your b-hole is hella gay OP