Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

basta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if you're not writing in grover furr what are you even doing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Pokemon Grover to the polls

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/YashengHuang/status/1756687606832591288

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a nation of grannies who need to collectively go to bed already.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Am I the only one that remembers the meeting after super Tuesday when the biden team and establishment dems had a meeting with bernies people and the libs straight us said "we're not going to give you anything or do anything you want but you have to support us"

God jayapal is loving useless

With some of the "progressives" in Congress it's debatable whether they're just dumb rubes or know exactly what they're doing (probably a mix of both in many cases), but with Jayapal specifically she absolutely is fully aware of and embraces her role as controlled opposition within the party.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

With some of the "progressives" in Congress it's debatable whether they're just dumb rubes or know exactly what they're doing (probably a mix of both in many cases), but with Jayapal specifically she absolutely is fully aware of and embraces her role as controlled opposition within the party.

more like Jayapaypal am i rite?!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1758020173381190082

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nichael posted:

also my voice was hoarse from screaming at coons' house and neighbors about a half prior to carper

Be very sure not to spill even a single drop of paint on anyone or anything, nichael

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's Grover Furr Me

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Sounds like someone really, really doesn’t want to end up like Wesley Snipes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Brother Ronald

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

Brother Ronald

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Joementum posted:

Brother Ronald

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joementum posted:

Brother Ronald

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Applebaum jeans
Boots with the Grover Furr

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

my bony fealty posted:

Applebaum jeans

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I'll be sure to let him know that I didn't hit him with an axe, it was the gloves I was wearing.

I don't do murders, those murders have to go under the "Gloves" category.

EDIT: "COLONISED BY WHO, ALEX, loving AQUAMAN?"

hooman has issued a correction as of 03:54 on Feb 18, 2024

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
[ROGER]
Hey! Hey! All right! Right now, every Sunday pundit and poli-sci major is treating this brokered convention like it's a big-titted college gymnast whose daddy fսckеd with her just enough that she'll do some dirty poo poo, but she can still cսm.

[SELINA]
Hittin' a little close to home there, Roger, minus the big-titted part.

[GARY]
We've never had a complaint, have we?

[ROGER]
But if we don't pillow-smother this sad grandma of a convention lickity-fuckin'-split, we are gonna wind up with four more years of Montez clogging up the White House plumbing with tampons.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's the people who saw Al-Qassam use paragliders to infiltrate settlements outside Gaza and went "hell yeah that's so loving cool Hamas ftw"

okay, that’s me and

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's the people who saw Al-Qassam use paragliders to infiltrate settlements outside Gaza and went "hell yeah that's so loving cool Hamas ftw"

and hell,

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Joementum posted:

Brother Ronald

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

No, no, see the United Kingdom was a democracy. Bengal and Ireland were colonies. Entirely different.

Colonies of who, you ask? Next question.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

why does anyone give a gently caress about her weight, she's done more than enough evil poo poo

its true we really shouldnt fatshame hillary clinton

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i still dont understand what the dems thought this particular endorsement strategy was supposed to communicate

like when they say a taylor swift endorsement will win them the election do they think its going to be because shell playact that hes the guy all her breakup songs are about

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they want tay-tay to endorse biden bc in 2020 she told younguns to VOTE and I guess they did so now dems are sure she'll be the one to wave that magic wand they're otherwise always claiming doesn't exist & get the kids to ignore that geno-joe hasn't really improved their lives & VOTE again.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/claraweiss_wsws/status/1758896954199658992

quote:

As the son of a Red Army officer, Navalny was born in 1976 into the privileged layers of the Soviet bureaucracy. His family participated in the restoration of capitalism which plunged the masses of workers into misery.

His parents founded a company. Navalny himself went into banking. As he later stated “I wanted a market economy in the most wicked form—the strongest survive, the rest are simply superfluous (ne nuzhny).”

What was the social origin of Navalny's opposition to the Putin regime? He, as many others in the middle and upper class, did not become as rich as they thought they would.

He later stated, “To market fundamentalists like me, it seemed like they would all become millionaires. Everybody thought that if we were smart, we would soon become rich … but then it suddenly became apparent that the rich are those that are somehow connected to the government.”

His political orientation early on was toward the far-right. He started participating in the fascist “Russian March” in 2005. This event was held annually in the fall in Moscow, and attracted a variety of Monarchist, fascist, anti-Semitic and anti-immigrant organizations.

In 2007, he was expelled from the US-backed “liberal” [outfit] “Yabloko” because of his sympathies for the far right.

Navalny realized his plans for a “united front” of the far right and “liberals” with the “National Russian Liberation Movement,” or NAROD (The People), that he co-founded with the National Bolshevik Zakhar Prilepin.

In one of the videos that NAROD published, Navalny is dressed as a dentist, comparing the extraction of rotten teeth with the deportation of “illegal immigrants.” He cheerfully says: “There is no need to beat anyone. Everything that bothers us must be carefully removed by means of deportation.” https://youtube.com/watch?v=jVrAPFBSKnk

Video footage of the “Russian March” of November 4, 2011 (the day of Russian unity) shows Navalny in front of a poster, “Russia belongs to us,” agitating and shouting at a crowd of monarchists and fascists about corruption. Navalny soon joined the organizational council of the “Russian March.”

Referring to the corruption trial between the oligarchs Boris Berezovsky, a major donor of the “liberal opposition” and Abramovich, a pro-Putin oligarch, in London, Navalny stated: “….they [the oligarchs] are afraid of a London judge. But for some reason, they’re not afraid of everyone gathered here. Should they be afraid?” https://youtube.com/watch?v=PTH-gZDXHUQ

The crowd shouts back: “Yes”—Navalny: “Should they be afraid?”—the crowd: “Yes.” Navalny: “This is our country and we must exterminate these thieves who are drinking our blood and chewing our livers. Down with United Russia! Down with the party of crooks and thieves!"

Before concluding, Navalny shouts: “One for all”—the fascist crowd responds: “All for one”—then Navalny shouts again: “One for all”—The fascists respond again: “All for one.” Navalny then concludes: “Glory to Russia. Happy Holiday.” The crowd repeats after him several times: “Glory to Russia.” In other words, the principal basis for his opposition to "corruption" was an alliance with the far-right.

Just a few weeks later, Navalny became the figurehead of the anti-Putin opposition movement that emerged in response to the rigged Duma elections of December 2011. The protests were prominently supported by the US.

It was not despite, but because, of his involvement with both the liberals and the far right that Navalny became attractive political figure to both elements within the Kremlin who were planning for the “post-Putin” period, and US imperialism.

He was viewed as the perfect candidate to create an alliance between fascists and oligarchs, and sections of the upper-middle class, for a right-wing movement against Putin, which would be aimed at installing a pro-US puppet regime.

According to the British journalist Ben Judah, around 2009-2010, a “team began to form around Navalny” that included Evgenia Albats, a major editor, and Sergei Guriev, one of the best known economists in Russia and a former ally of ex-president Dmitri Medvedev. He started receiving backing from the influential bankers Vladimir Ashurkov and Mikhail Fridman.

He also developed ties with separatist tendencies and local elites that seek greater independence from Moscow and see in an alliance with the imperialist powers the basis for having a greater share in the exploitation of Russia’s raw material resources and working class. https://wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/03/nava-s03.html

His so called “Novichok” poisoning in 2020 was dubious, to say the least. A supposedly deadly nerve agent barely had an impact on his health. No piece of the story fit the other. He himself had to resort to references to Harry Potter to illustrate the effect of the “poison”, comparing it to the impact “of a dementor in Harry Potter.” https://wsws.org/en/articles/2020/12/17/nava-d17.html

We don't know what is behind the [death] of Navalny. What is clear is that he was a far-right stooge of imperialism who hated the working class of Russia and the world with no less ferocity than does Vladimir Putin. https://wsws.org/en/articles/2018/01/09/nava-j09.html.

Class-conscious workers and youth must reject the imperialist propaganda over his death. The fight against imperialist war can only be waged in opposition to all factions of the imperialist powers and oligarchies.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

my bony fealty posted:

Applebaum jeans

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yeah also his ears are hosed, why is his lower lobe so prominent. Ferengi looking gently caress

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zerg Mans posted:

Yeah also his ears are hosed, why is his lower lobe so prominent. Ferengi looking gently caress

get his rear end

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

I have massive respect, for you for facing that deflecting piece of poo poo trying to smear his aww shucks I'm a nice guy, I've been where you've been paws all over you

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

the gently caress's going on with Cornel

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

the gently caress's going on with Cornel

That's from 13 years ago, OP. He's always been lovely.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

uninterrupted posted:

[ROGER]
Hey! Hey! All right! Right now, every Sunday pundit and poli-sci major is treating this brokered convention like it's a big-titted college gymnast whose daddy fսckеd with her just enough that she'll do some dirty poo poo, but she can still cսm.

[SELINA]
Hittin' a little close to home there, Roger, minus the big-titted part.

[GARY]
We've never had a complaint, have we?

[ROGER]
But if we don't pillow-smother this sad grandma of a convention lickity-fuckin'-split, we are gonna wind up with four more years of Montez clogging up the White House plumbing with tampons.

which part of hamilton was this

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Joementum posted:

Brother Ronald

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Zerg Mans posted:

Thanks, now I can't stop seeing it

Rule Of Acquisition #18, a ferengi without profit is no ferengi at all

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Horseshoe theory posted:

That's from 13 years ago, OP. He's always been lovely.

I get he's been around for a while but why aren't any of these people a little less batshit crazy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

I get he's been around for a while but why aren't any of these people a little less batshit crazy

may i interest you in a lil dennis kucinich

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MadSparkle posted:

I have massive respect, for you for facing that deflecting piece of poo poo trying to smear his aww shucks I'm a nice guy, I've been where you've been paws all over you

thank you, but admittedly I'm a sicko and I enjoy this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MadSparkle posted:

if you run for office in burgerland you have not fully accepted that america is an irredeemable demon cracker country, which indicates a higher than baseline level of brainworms