Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

PC players, if you're getting black screens on load then try re-validating your game files because something might be hosed. I tried doing that and at least I can get to the login screen again.

you don't need to do this, you can just leave it sitting and it'll eventually login

wait why am I sharing my secrets

(it then crashes on picking a planet so imma go play something else while they patch poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

victrix posted:

you don't need to do this, you can just leave it sitting and it'll eventually login

(it then crashes on picking a planet so imma go play something else while they patch poo poo)

I left it for 60 minutes trying to login while the game for some reason was working my CPU at like 35%.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

PC players, if you're getting black screens on load then try re-validating your game files because something might be hosed. I tried doing that and at least I can get to the login screen again.

I had a black screen at game startup and just waited about 2 minutes, then it went to the 'Servers at capacity' screen where it has stayed for just over 15 minutes now.

It does a good job of creating false hope because sometimes the message disappears for about 20 seconds as though you're about to get in!.. But then it comes back :(

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I feel like ship colors/patterns will happen eventually. Its an easy chaff item to fill up warbonds with.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Whatever the intent, telling people "you'll get increased rewards this weekend for playing" and then getting hit so hard that you have to cap your servers is the IRL version of fumbling an orbital strike beacon on your location

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I haven't gotten any rewards in > 24 hours on PS5, really hope they'll show up all at once eventually!

also with quick match apparently busted still, I'm gonna hold off till my buddies are on

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Managed to get in and even finish a mission with a pubbie that somehow joined mid-game. Unfortunately I ate a rocket in the second mission and then the game refused to let me respawn despite the pubbie throwing down multiple reinforcement beacons. They even tried blowing themselves up for the forced respawn but to no avail. :(

Ah well guess I'll go play something else in the meantime.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

toasterwarrior posted:

Whatever the intent, telling people "you'll get increased rewards this weekend for playing" and then getting hit so hard that you have to cap your servers is the IRL version of fumbling an orbital strike beacon on your location

excited to see what them calling in a 500kg eagle strike on themselves looks like next

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

excited to see what them calling in a 500lb bomb eagle strike on themselves looks like next

announcing ports to switch and xbox for sale right this very moment

Orv
May 4, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Hm

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I can't believe that many people still play any iteration of Counter-Strike. I know it's a new one, but thinking about it as a concept feels so antiquated to me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm actually a little peeved about one oversight in there being no afk kick. I was surprised when the game came out because I wandered off to do some washing and wasn't sure if I'd be back in time to avoid a timeout. Got back and the game was sitting there. Assumed it was a long timer, not no timer.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah an afk kick would almost certainly help the overloading, i'm guessing they didn't even consider it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

triple sulk posted:

I can't believe that many people still play any iteration of Counter-Strike. I know it's a new one, but thinking about it as a concept feels so antiquated to me.

one neat trick to get a massive player base

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

victrix posted:

Restarting my PC worked for me, but only for the first game did I have anyone join me. Just solo after that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm certainly glad that I got this on PC because some of the precision shooting would be a nightmare on a controller. Especially taking down the scout walkers from the front.

Internet Explorer posted:

I've been playing a bit of DRG Survivor during the downtime and apparently that game is blowing up too. I saw that it has had higher concurrent players than DRG ever did.

The top down auto shooter? I'm surprised by that, I love DRG but it seemed pretty mediocre and the reviews seemed to support that.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

waited 30 minutes to log in, run to my bridge, press e on the map, game crashes

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
So quick play is completely broken then? Is there anyplace I can find friend codes for goons to play with?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I don't even know if the game is doing anything because the login screen has just stopped telling me if its doing anything. I don't know if this is good or bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it's frustrating but man it has to be somewhat awesome to have so many loving people wanting to play your game

Another crash after making it in :rip:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 18, 2024

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

queeb posted:

waited 30 minutes to log in, run to my bridge, press e on the map, game crashes

Samezies, hopefully they push a patch tomorrow

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'd just like to be able to play the game. I've been sitting at the servers at capacity message for the last ~90 mins.

I bought it last night, played 3 missions, and was enjoying myself even though I couldn't matchmake so was playing solo. now I'm just sitting here leaving democracy unmanaged!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

you want to hit the charger in the rear end with the autocannon, two or three shots should be enough to pop it and then just let it bleed out

Last time I did that it took me six. I must be doing wrong.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The charger rear end hitbox isn't as generous as it looks, the upper part counts as armored. Aim low for better odds

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

toasterwarrior posted:

The charger rear end hitbox isn't as generous as it looks, the upper part counts as armored. Aim low for better odds

It took me one or two shots to break off the rear end armor, then the remaining shots to explode its rear end. It was also fairly far away so maybe that factors in.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

I'd just like to be able to play the game. I've been sitting at the servers at capacity message for the last ~90 mins.

I bought it last night, played 3 missions, and was enjoying myself even though I couldn't matchmake so was playing solo. now I'm just sitting here leaving democracy unmanaged!

7:30pm is the time to login to play in Australia. All the chaff are asleep and it's left to Oceania to pick up the flag of managed democracy.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Off the top of my head it's three to explode the rear end and maybe two more for the finish, though at that point you can just let it bleed out.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is the spear guaranteed to kill a charger when it hits with the downside of no reloads? I fired it a couple of times last night and it killed them, but we were raining all sorts of hell so it was hard to tell if it was great or just finishing them off.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Spear isn't a guaranteed charger kill but it will take a big bite out of the armor if it doesn't.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Spear isn't a guaranteed charger kill but it will take a big bite out of the armor if it doesn't.

Soni guess it's basically inferior to the railgun by default since you can't reload it?

By reload I mean get more ammo

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1759034787380203769?t=_11tatzqNriVoJ7EsU_0dw&s=19

Orv
May 4, 2011

JBP posted:

Is the spear guaranteed to kill a charger when it hits with the downside of no reloads? I fired it a couple of times last night and it killed them, but we were raining all sorts of hell so it was hard to tell if it was great or just finishing them off.

Not guaranteed in the sense that it'll hit anywhere and kill, side shots will cause the big missing chunk model on the chargers and a good rear end shot will put them into bleed out. If you can fire it at them when they're facing you I've had solid success having it instakill then.

Spear also has a reload backpack but I think it's two reloads?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Orv posted:

Not guaranteed in the sense that it'll hit anywhere and kill, side shots will cause the big missing chunk model on the chargers and a good rear end shot will put them into bleed out. If you can fire it at them when they're facing you I've had solid success having it instakill then.

Spear also has a reload backpack but I think it's two reloads?

It's got three more shots on it, but once they run out you can't re-up from a supply pod.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah okay yeah, misunderstood.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm certainly glad that I got this on PC because some of the precision shooting would be a nightmare on a controller. Especially taking down the scout walkers from the front.

The top down auto shooter? I'm surprised by that, I love DRG but it seemed pretty mediocre and the reviews seemed to support that.

I was raised on PC shooters, but FWIW this is the smoothest I’ve ever felt at a shooter on PS5, even compared to games with auto aim. Something about the reticle, the FOV, I don’t know what but I feel pretty drat comfy with pretty much every weapon.

Learning how much to pull the autocannon down between shots to up your ROF has been today’s victory for me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm playing on PC with a dual sense and not having problems with ADS on weak points. I like playing controller anyway, but with the haptics and third person perspective I wouldn't swap to kbm even if it gave me a 10% accuracy boost.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Trying to join a group but every planet I click on and mission I look at (mind you i'm on mission 3 so I've just unlocked medium) but every planet/mission shows 0 in terms of other players. I drop reinforcement beacons immediately and have had no one join. Makes me sad as it's fun but jesus does this game want other players with you

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SplitSoul posted:

The title screen looks nice at least, but I'm not sure why it makes my 3070 run at 87°C.

JBP posted:

I left it for 60 minutes trying to login while the game for some reason was working my CPU at like 35%.

i've said this in other threads but i’ll say it again here, cap your frame rate!

this game was absolutely cooking my laptop until i capped it now it runs super cool

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i've said this in other threads but i’ll say it again here, cap your frame rate!

this game was absolutely cooking my laptop until i capped it now it runs super cool

I would if I could access the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

JBP posted:

Soni guess it's basically inferior to the railgun by default since you can't reload it?

By reload I mean get more ammo

Yeah that's pretty much true, for chargers, especially because if they run at full clip sometimes they'll dodge the shot. The Spear is pretty much for killing Bile Titans and evil robot Tanks.