Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Outside of a Shako, it's pretty much the go to helm for Barbs. Unless you are doing a Deathblow build, because Helmets can roll up to +4 on Weapon Master skills.
I am running Death Blow, so this is exactly why I was a little "ehh..." on the affixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tiny Timbs posted:

That’s the build I used this season. It takes a lot of gear and setup to get to the point where you consistently one-shot bosses so don’t worry about it.

I think I’m going to hang up the season without beating Lilith. I did 40 or 50 runs but it’s such a miserable encounter even when you can pull off phase skips.

the one shotting mostly comes with critting your overpowers and since you have like 8 built in ways to overpower, keeping your crit at ~50% helps to lessen the gamble. charge + core helps to make it more consistent to kill big targets too. overall though i found full charge to be very easy to gear for since so few stats actually matter for meaningfully increasing your damage

i still haven't watched it myself but is that pet build that one shots lillith hard to setup? i figured if i can't get the charges to hit, that's what i was going to rely on

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

queeb posted:

Ultimates are dumb as poo poo in an arpg, and none of them seem worth the huge cooldown. If I can't use an ability on Avery pack what's the point?

it's not every pack, because full charge build runs around too fast, but the marshall glyph + shout cooldown ring aspect keeps your ultimate available very, very frequently as a barb

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

harrygomm posted:

i still haven't watched it myself but is that pet build that one shots lillith hard to setup? i figured if i can't get the charges to hit, that's what i was going to rely on

I dunno, it’s not as simple as setting up your construct since it still scales off your character.

There’s also no such thing as a Lilith one shot. You still have to go through the phases.

Right now I keep dying at the second phase where she starts off destroying the northern part of the map. I keep dying to invisible projectiles? Or invisible pain areas? I dunno. I watch videos of successful runs and none of that poo poo is even in them.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Outside of a Shako, it's pretty much the go to helm for Barbs. Unless you are doing a Deathblow build, because Helmets can roll up to +4 on Weapon Master skills.

i don't think the +4 skills makes up for the unique affix, or if it is better, it's pretty close. i want to say each rank in a skill is something like 4% more damage? idk i seem to remember someone breaking it down as a pretty competitive option even for DB

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tiny Timbs posted:

I dunno, it’s not as simple as setting up your construct since it still scales off your character.

There’s also no such thing as a Lilith one shot. You still have to go through the phases.

Right now I keep dying at the second phase where she starts off destroying the northern part of the map. I keep dying to invisible projectiles? Or invisible pain areas? I dunno. I watch videos of successful runs and none of that poo poo is even in them.

i gave the video a quick run down, it's basically just tempest + firefly and choosing whatever can increase pet damage. not a true one shot but speeds you through the fight in the same way as last seasons "one shot". and yeah rob does it super fast because he has 5 ubers equipped. idk what it's like for normal people. the only, but very important, difference is now the one shot skulls can spawn in in P2 while she's destroying the platforms whereas they didn't in previous seasons.

obviously the black junk on the ground when she destroys a chunk in P2 is damaging/one shot, so you have to stand on the breaking section. if a skull pile spawned on that section though, it will be disappeared. it can still sometimes send out (now invisible) one shot skulls from it until the platform is fully despawned.

that'd be my only guess for the one shot stuff you're experiencing. i haven't done serious engagement with that fights mechanics since the second they could be skipped with a barber setup in S1. doesn't sound like the juice is worth the squeeze

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 17, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah that sounds like it. I’ll stand on the breaking section and attempt to dodge the skulls but still get one shot. I tried standing under Lilith like I saw folks do in some videos but died so I assumed that was supposed to kill me too.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

doomfunk posted:

what did you do to get Adam to block you

Can't remember exactly but probably some innocent but sarcastic remark about D4

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Bisse posted:

. Of course, all you are really selling is adding a row in a MySQL table, costing you $0.0001.

On the margin, but the art pipeline costs quite a bit per item or set. Not an insane amount when you scale to AAA, but depends on how much art you're pumping in weekly as well.

My understanding is that fortnite was basically crunching to get art into the game years ago because they had this huge audience and every new skin made such a scaled up profit that you needed to throw as much as you could into just making more. It's kinda the business dream but also every other project has to die as the big money sucks up all of the air in the room.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tiny Timbs posted:

One thing I have learned from watching too much ARPG YouTube is that the phrase "one shot" has lost all meaning.

"This build one- shots Uber Duriel"
*Cut to footage of killing Duriel over the course of a minute*

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Are these armor bundles that are the same theme for each class being sold separately for each class? Because that's what it looks like in the shop and holy loving lol when the set is twenty six dollars.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yes they are separate

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I... feel like I might have to actually use this Aspect?

Thats more than 33% more armor and I have boots that give me +3 evade charges. And I dont need to evade much because everything I look at dies, but I do take hits just running around bonking things on the head with Death Blow or charging at huge crowds. I just hit level 80 and have armor that is all at least 800+ item power so I cant imagine my armor will be getting that much higher. I wonder if the Juggernaut aspect gets boosted by + armor affixes...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's possible to hit the ~14k armor cap without the aspect. But you can certainly use it to make your gearing a bit easier.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tarnop posted:

One thing I have learned from watching too much ARPG YouTube is that the phrase "one shot" has lost all meaning.

"This build one- shots Uber Duriel"
*Cut to footage of killing Duriel over the course of a minute*

in this case i think it's a bit of pedantism, sort of. you can do one attack which removes all the health of lilith in phase one (who then immediately goes to phase 2) and then do one attack in P2 that removes all her health. just like in previous seasons you still need to run around while she destroys the platforms. from what i can tell, and what the videos i've seen of the fight in S3 show, literally the only difference is that the skull piles now spawn and fire skulls for a little bit.

you can also build enough defenses on barb to tank the skulls so those aren't even one shot guarantees any more

i get the sentiment of what you mean but man i was expecting the fight to be wildly modified given all the hubub reddit and the like were throwing at it.

bamhand posted:

It's possible to hit the ~14k armor cap without the aspect. But you can certainly use it to make your gearing a bit easier.

yeah you can have 820 ilvl armor (so min. possible inherent armor numbers) and 0 "+% armor " rolls on gear, no skulls slotted in gear, and 0 intentional +armor paragon nodes (there are a couple you can't avoid) and still hit the 13.4K armor cap on barb with that aspect from the codex.

i imagine it would take maybe 1 +%armor roll and not literally minimum ilvl gear in all slots for any other class to also do so. maybe they could just get a well rolled drop instead of the codex idk

the convenience of opening up 2-3 affix slots and not having to care about ilvl for 5 slots even earlier outweighs all that for me

another option is to get the inherent boot affix that is like "reduced c/d by 1.2 seconds per attack) and just charge. every charge brings it from like 8.5 seconds to immediately available, i guess because you're technically attacking a pile of people all at once. obviously that falls off on bosses. regardless, i evade so infrequently not because the unstoppable vampiric power isn't available any more that i've never noticed the downside of juggernaut all season

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 18, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mebh posted:

Literally my job. Just not on Diablo.

I bet their tools and resources are absolute shite because ideas are ten a penny. Workable ideas that don't require massive reworks of whatever bean tins and string solution they have for a back end... Not so easy.

Also even with low hanging fruit like D3...go a step further and just steal the maps system from POE. It's leagues better. Or even the mines thing that goes deeper and deeper. Not like there aren't decades of good design out there in every other ARPG.

Either that or there's someone higher up saying "no inspiration from lesser games" which is unfortunately all too common.
That's what I was thinking of, Delve. Yeah, I want more Delve. Like, just flesh it out a little more and it will make a phenomenally cool endgame.

...also DM me if you're hiring. It's also literally my job but I'm still stuck in indie world. ;) (I actually would've applied to the Blizzard job if they didn't require relocation.)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

harrygomm posted:

in this case i think it's a bit of pedantism, sort of. you can do one attack which removes all the health of lilith in phase one (who then immediately goes to phase 2) and then do one attack in P2 that removes all her health. just like in previous seasons you still need to run around while she destroys the platforms. from what i can tell, and what the videos i've seen of the fight in S3 show, literally the only difference is that the skull piles now spawn and fire skulls for a little bit.

you can also build enough defenses on barb to tank the skulls so those aren't even one shot guarantees any more

i get the sentiment of what you mean but man i was expecting the fight to be wildly modified given all the hubub reddit and the like were throwing at it.

The skulls fire endlessly and you need to stack movement speed to be able to outrun them while dealing with all the technical nonsense that makes the boss fight so bad. Then at the end of the phase where Lilith destroys the platforms you have a final area where getting insta-killed or not is random because of how the pool spawns.

It’s not at all pedantic to point out that the fight is no longer two instant phase skips but instead several minutes of having to actually engage with the mechanics.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
had the gloves on the left since maybe the mid80s and now at endgame for a bit. finally found a 925 equivalent and got the last affix i needed right away. unfortunately they are straight up worse except for the marginal armor gain.

sifting through dozens of useless 925 drops after every activity is really annoying, and even when i do find something worth looking at there's nothing to say it's necessarily an upgrade. drops from T80+ NMDs should be better than stuff i found in helltides while leveling. also note that the compare function is not working properly on the two items (penshot is on both, the right is the same as the left) and that only makes things take longer.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
My Sorc is wearing this and it equals 10090 armor, no other bonuses anywhere. I'm sitting at 14990, as a Sorcerer! The big thing is that I don't need to keep stacks up to keep the armor. Helps a ton against Corpse Bows.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Juggernaut seems like the downside would be mitigated by flickerstep, as long as you have lots of minor damage ticks going off in the background like ball lighting, lightning spear, burning, crackling energy etc. Would also pair well with disobedience for a very tanky sorcerer.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Kaysette posted:

had the gloves on the left since maybe the mid80s and now at endgame for a bit. finally found a 925 equivalent and got the last affix i needed right away. unfortunately they are straight up worse except for the marginal armor gain.

sifting through dozens of useless 925 drops after every activity is really annoying, and even when i do find something worth looking at there's nothing to say it's necessarily an upgrade. drops from T80+ NMDs should be better than stuff i found in helltides while leveling. also note that the compare function is not working properly on the two items (penshot is on both, the right is the same as the left) and that only makes things take longer.

Isn't 852 above the last tier anyway

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I dunno if I can make it to 100 this time

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tiny Timbs posted:

The skulls fire endlessly and you need to stack movement speed to be able to outrun them while dealing with all the technical nonsense that makes the boss fight so bad. Then at the end of the phase where Lilith destroys the platforms you have a final area where getting insta-killed or not is random because of how the pool spawns.

It’s not at all pedantic to point out that the fight is no longer two instant phase skips but instead several minutes of having to actually engage with the mechanics.

sorry, should have clarified. pedantism on the point of "one shot" not engaging with the mechanics. you can still, in one shot, remove all her health (per phase). not trying to downplay the other aspects. i didn't break those two thoughts out very well

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

flashman posted:

Isn't 852 above the last tier anyway

yeah, 820 is the last ilvl tier you need to hit for the major affixes like +skills to be able to hit their max rank. maybe a thorns barb or something would still want to keep an eye out for 925 gear w/ thorns on it or something, but idk how much those kind of stats scale nowadays

hawowanlawow posted:

especially now that builds can do end game content in the 70s and 80s, hitting 100 doesn't have the same appeal. i like the extra health gains but for the past couple seasons, even that has been mitigated

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The armor and resists all matter a good deal now and 925 gear is so easy to get. It will make a significant difference to get 900+ on all your gear.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i've said it before but juggernaut aspect trivializes the need for your armor to be closer to 925 solely for the sake of armor. and jewelry doesn't get any more resists at 925 than at 820 so the difference there is 0. weapons get more damage so for those that aren't just stat sticks it's important to get 925, but for everything else, clearing 820 is basically all that matters if you have room in your aspects to fit juggernaut

that being said you're not going to be seeking out exactly 820 ilvl gear so you'll likely pick up a bunch of inherent armor from higher ilvl regardless

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

The bouncy fireball / meteor sorc build is very fun.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Got a new PC back in November so I picked this up on sale around Christmas and bounced so hard off of its badness that I almost uninstalled it, came back for S3 and got my first 100 (Charge/HOTA Barbarian) with a poo poo ton of Duriel carries, and the game still kinda just sucks. Farming mats for summoning Duriel sucks. Uber drop rates suck. Only being able to res at a checkpoint sucks. Inventory management sucks (namely the Consumables tab). Grinding Helltides for reroll mats and living steel sucks. Most things in this game feel either extremely incompetent or extremely malicious towards the people playing it.

Campaign was loving solid as hell, though, as is anything art/music related.

e: Meant season 3 not 4.

Abner Assington fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 18, 2024

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
see ya in season 4

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

harrygomm posted:

i've said it before but juggernaut aspect trivializes the need for your armor to be closer to 925 solely for the sake of armor. and jewelry doesn't get any more resists at 925 than at 820 so the difference there is 0. weapons get more damage so for those that aren't just stat sticks it's important to get 925, but for everything else, clearing 820 is basically all that matters if you have room in your aspects to fit juggernaut

that being said you're not going to be seeking out exactly 820 ilvl gear so you'll likely pick up a bunch of inherent armor from higher ilvl regardless

I'm pretty sure jewelry has higher resists per ilvl all the way up to 925. Juggernaut is perfectly fine. It's just strictly worse but 100x easier to obtain than maxing out armor without it.

Anyways my point was more by the time armor cap starts mattering, you're doing content where all the gear you find is 900+ anyways. So if you're engaging in the "endgame" getting that high ilvl gear will make a difference.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

bamhand posted:

I'm pretty sure jewelry has higher resists per ilvl all the way up to 925. Juggernaut is perfectly fine. It's just strictly worse but 100x easier to obtain than maxing out armor without it.

Anyways my point was more by the time armor cap starts mattering, you're doing content where all the gear you find is 900+ anyways. So if you're engaging in the "endgame" getting that high ilvl gear will make a difference.

i'll be switched, i thought the jewelry was the same. the build planners show a 820 5/5 upgrade amulet and a 925 5/5 differ by 4.5%. i guess that was a holdover thought from before the ilvl rework changes, my bad

since i was already there, an 935 5/5 chest gives 1663 and an 820 gives 1479 , so it's about 12%. looks like it's about 12% difference for all the armor slots actually, though chest and legs matter more because of their higher inherent armor value

good catch

e: full 820 set of armor gives 4226 armor, 925 is 4751. juggernaut can give ~5900

worst case at all 820 with a min roll codex juggernaut you'd have ~6800 armor which is cap for level 70ish mobs. 925 + drop means you can hit cap for level ~117 mobs which is almost a 70% increase in mob level you can top out against. much bigger than that 12% would suggest, given the importance of hitting cap

ee: as a barb i would totally prefer giving up an aspect slot to juggernaut to be able to ignore skulls in jewelry and +% armor rolls in head, chest, and amulet and not have to slot disobedience which leaves you open to having not armor cap unless you play something with proactive bleeds. oh and like 4 or 5 paragon points into armor nodes

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 19, 2024

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Jewellery won't max resists until 890

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Abner Assington posted:

Got a new PC back in November so I picked this up on sale around Christmas and bounced so hard off of its badness that I almost uninstalled it, came back for S3 and got my first 100 (Charge/HOTA Barbarian) with a poo poo ton of Duriel carries, and the game still kinda just sucks. Farming mats for summoning Duriel sucks. Uber drop rates suck. Only being able to res at a checkpoint sucks. Inventory management sucks (namely the Consumables tab). Grinding Helltides for reroll mats and living steel sucks. Most things in this game feel either extremely incompetent or extremely malicious towards the people playing it.

Campaign was loving solid as hell, though, as is anything art/music related.

e: Meant season 3 not 4.

Last Epoch is not designed to be malicious towards players and is actually the opposite of every negative in this game currently. Give it a shot

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I may be done with S3 too. I just did Zir 3 times and he dropped zero uniques. I only have enough of the special currency to do 3 more runs and I dont think there is a great way to target farm more of it. I'm level 83 and thought "hey maybe it would be fun to have Overkill *before* I'm pretty much done with the game for the season again" but of course I dont even get a single unique to drop from the one way I have to try to target the one I want.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Hit Man posted:

Last Epoch is not designed to be malicious towards players and is actually the opposite of every negative in this game currently. Give it a shot
I inadvertently took this coming Friday off thinking I'd grind D2R's new season with a friend who's never played D2 before, but I'll probably snag LE for downtime.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I may be done with S3 too. I just did Zir 3 times and he dropped zero uniques. I only have enough of the special currency to do 3 more runs and I dont think there is a great way to target farm more of it. I'm level 83 and thought "hey maybe it would be fun to have Overkill *before* I'm pretty much done with the game for the season again" but of course I dont even get a single unique to drop from the one way I have to try to target the one I want.

Yeah I completed my season journey and got to 100 without getting the overkill weapon. Zir is the worst.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

bamhand posted:

Yeah I completed my season journey and got to 100 without getting the overkill weapon. Zir is the worst.
I was really hoping for it because I think a bug was introduced or something changed with Death Blow because I am definitely killing dudes with it but it is not refunding the charge of the skill, and it is definitely hurting my vibe.

In other news, I did not know that this was possible:

In other, other news, I got 3 whole special zir blood from a World Boss so I guess I'll just have to set my watch to them?

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was really hoping for it because I think a bug was introduced or something changed with Death Blow because I am definitely killing dudes with it but it is not refunding the charge of the skill, and it is definitely hurting my vibe.

In other news, I did not know that this was possible:

In other, other news, I got 3 whole special zir blood from a World Boss so I guess I'll just have to set my watch to them?

I have 100+ blood I'll just give you as I'm playing a Barb this season and Zir drops nothing of value for me.

Edit: Give me your BN name and I'll add you

delightful fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 19, 2024

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

hawowanlawow posted:

same idk what it was about last season but I just wanted to keep going

I've petered out at like 72, not sure why, I'm still having fun but ehhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

queeb posted:

Ultimates are dumb as poo poo in an arpg, and none of them seem worth the huge cooldown. If I can't use an ability on Avery pack what's the point?

Of all the dumb little things that annoy me about this game it's the way skills are categorized that irks me the most. "Basic, Core, Ultimate" like they're Netflix subscription plans instead of cool RPG poo poo. That's how you know it's a Diaflop.