Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When Jake stayed on the station as the dominion took it over, he should have been the only one to stay, and then it should have turned into Home Alone with Dukat and Damar running into homemade traps all over the place. And Morn would be the old guy with the shovel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

This is Tellarite erasure.

:haibrower:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

so the start of the deadpool 3 trailer gave me serious vibes of sloan's going away party when miles and julian are stuck in his dying mind

it's probably the hair

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm giving Star Trek Online a spin for the first time and this Mirror Universe poo poo feels like it was written by mega hacks.

The current player base cannot carry Federation vs. Klingon and pals conflict (team blue vs. red), and the Dominion and Romulan factions are just special cases that ultimately ally with blue or red, so PVP aspects have been given boot, and now all the new stories are about "everyone against someone else". Imperials from the Mirror universe is one of the newer enemies, the dimension-hopping Borg but worse, the Borg Kingdom is the newest one, and they took over after they nerfed the regular borg to be too much behind the power curve. And it gave them a reason to kill the adaptation mechanic which was really aggravating on ground missions.

Terran empire attacking was also a good reason to bring back original voice actors to do something interesting with their characters, at least Will Wheaton commented that it was one of the reasons to sign up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Chase Masterson really hams it up as Mirror Leeta.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Trast posted:

Chase Masterson really hams it up as Mirror Leeta.

If you're playing a mirror universe character and you aren't chewing the scenery, something's wrong.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

redshirt posted:

But, the Vulcans leaving the Federation would be no small thing. They are the Federation! Along with Earth and Andoria. That's a core you can't just lose.

I will never stop thinking that Vulcans leaving the Federation should have been what one season or so Picard was about.

Set the story up with him and Tuvok trying to solve the mystery just to get Tuvok back.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Picard S3: The Search for Tuvok

Picard: We will find you, old friend

Tuvok: As I have said many times, I have broadcast my coordinates and received confirmation from your navigation computer. I am seven hours from your location at Warp factor 4.

Picard: Someday. someday we will find Tuvok

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm not going to lie. I wasn't a big fan of Tuvok in the 90s, but when I was binging on Voyager episodes about a year ago, he and the Doctor really were vying for my favorite characters in the series.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't a big fan of Tuvok in the 90s, but when I was binging on Voyager episodes about a year ago, he and the Doctor really were vying for my favorite characters in the series.

"I don't understand Tuvok, he should loosen up and have fun!!"
"I understand Tuvok, I want to strangle my co-workers too"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna spend my two week 1stQ vacation on Vulcan again.

Got this sick new outfit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://alaskapublic.org/2024/02/15/hometown-hero-valdez-may-soon-get-a-life-sized-statue-of-a-star-trek-icon/

Alaska gonna get a Riker statue if people have their way

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tuvok is easily the best character on Voyager because he is 100% consistent through out the show. Once you realize that everyone else but Tuvok has went totally loving insane from being in the Delta Quadrant all of his actions make sense.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tuvok also goes quite insane from being in the Delta quadrant, insane enough Janeway goes back in time to get Voyager home sooner

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

tuvok was already crazy. that’s why he’s hanging with the humans. they don’t know any better :woof:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Tuvok also goes quite insane from being in the Delta quadrant, insane enough Janeway goes back in time to get Voyager home sooner

I think that's shown to be some sort of weird Vulcan neurological disease that he has that they are unaware of.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hollismason posted:

I think that's shown to be some sort of weird Vulcan neurological disease that he has that they are unaware of.

They know about it by season 7 but the audience is unaware of it until the two parter

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Tuvok is also the funniest deadpan comedian since Steven Wright.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Contra Tuvok -- do you think there are Vulcans who want to hang out with humans more than minimally necessary? They've got "Terran fever" or something? Not necessarily sexual given Pon Farr's frequency, but more like either they're really curious about us ad/or feel the need to ennoble us, "The Pointy-Eared Burden," as it were, or they never really jived with repressing emotions and putting logical thought foremost? (Come to think of it, I've seen that two minute reassignment clip of LDS, but that was hardly voluntary.)

"Sorry you lost the flippy cup round, Torik, means you've got to get a tattoo."

"I shall endeavor to bear this indignity with grace and prevail in the contest next time."

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Sarek is now just a Weird Guy with a human female fetish

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Admiralty Flag posted:

Contra Tuvok -- do you think there are Vulcans who want to hang out with humans more than minimally necessary? They've got "Terran fever" or something? Not necessarily sexual given Pon Farr's frequency, but more like either they're really curious about us ad/or feel the need to ennoble us, "The Pointy-Eared Burden," as it were, or they never really jived with repressing emotions and putting logical thought foremost? (Come to think of it, I've seen that two minute reassignment clip of LDS, but that was hardly voluntary.)

"Sorry you lost the flippy cup round, Torik, means you've got to get a tattoo."

"I shall endeavor to bear this indignity with grace and prevail in the contest next time."

there’s a zero percent chance that vulcans aren’t into sloppy doms :woof:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
When you think about it, for a Vulcan with even a passing interest in the social sciences, it’s logical to hang out with humans. Humans are always getting into relationship drama or performing weird social rituals or forming weird societies based around varied things like gangsters, gladiators, or being Irish. There’s some Vulcan Lt who volunteered for a posting on the D purely to get a first hand look at all the long lost human colonies with divergent societies.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

for real though, what could possibly be kinkier for vulcans than having a hot mess ordering you around telling you to do all kinds of illogical poo poo? way hotter than the v'tosh ka'tur. those guys give you brain diseases :woof:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tighclops posted:

Having a type is logical

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tighclops posted:

And who can blame him

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Tuvok is also the funniest deadpan comedian since Steven Wright.

If you ponder the question, you will come to the realization, as I have, that ascetic aspirants to Kolinahr do not experience peer pressure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Going to the associated "Vulcancon" and "Earthcon" dressed up as Romulan.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tighclops posted:

Terraboo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I’m picturing one of those 80s movies where a nerdy girl comes out of her shell, and there’s always that scene where she emerges transformed while onlookers gawp, except it’s about a Vulcan encouraged by their human friends to loosen up, and their coming out scene has them stumble nude into view, cackling maniacally around mouthfuls of an entire blueberry pie they’re eating by hand, then have a brain aneurysm from feeling too much and die. The Psychedelic Furs is playing over this.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 18, 2024

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
*sniff, coughs, shifts from one foot to another* Craziest motherfucker I ever knew was a Vulcan who undid all that logic poo poo. Bought 30 mg of anesthezine from him once. *sniff*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Meanwhile, at Starfleet Academy.....

"CHUG CHUG CHUG"

"But it is not logical to consume such vast quantities of alcohol in such a short period of time"

"Do you want to join Red Squad or what?"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Junkball put out a video on the 'Star Trek: Borg' interactive movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SbbS0MSA0U

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Junkball put out a video on the 'Star Trek: Borg' interactive movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SbbS0MSA0U

Played this when I was maybe 12 and I couldn't figure out what to do once I was on the cube. Just kept getting assimilated.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

redshirt posted:

Meanwhile, at Starfleet Academy.....

"CHUG CHUG CHUG"

"But it is not logical to consume such vast quantities of alcohol in such a short period of time"

"Do you want to join Red Squad or what?"

More like,

"I don't know...'trash can punch' with 'Everclear'? I'm only used to drinking Synthehol. I don't think I should."

"It is only logical to arrive at the inescapable conclusion that you are a weak-rear end mama's boy."

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Newest employee is a lovely Vulcan. I mean, lovely by Vulcan standards. Not particularly smart or driven, even physically weak; we arm wrestled at the office holiday party and he told me he let me win, but the guy was almost imperceptibly trembling and very perceptibly sweating the whole time. I thought having him show off that nutso Vulcan strength by beating the boss effortlessly would endear him to the other employees, but criminey, nope, that didn’t happen.

Doesn’t matter though. I just need the look. See, he’s cold vid calling, selling teleporter insurance from a script. He doesn’t need to know how a teleporter works, just how to read what I wrote for him to say while looking like a guy who knows how teleporters work. Guy is sort of a charisma vacuum and at first was having some issues selling, but I told him, I said “I know it’s not written on there, but end your spiel with ‘In this modern, teleporter reliant, galaxy it would be highly illogical to imperil the future of your children by not buying a plan from me today.’” and that does 90% of the work for him. They might get aggravated by Vulcan mien, but damned if people don’t take a Vulcan saying what is and isn’t logical seriously.

Even he takes it seriously. He asked for a performance based raise last week and when I told him it wasn’t logical he was just like “I understand” and left my office. I tell you, having a stupid Vulcan on my sales team is going to be my shortcut to owning my own moon before fifty.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Admiralty Flag posted:

More like,

"I don't know...'trash can punch' with 'Everclear'? I'm only used to drinking Synthehol. I don't think I should."

"It is only logical to arrive at the inescapable conclusion that you are a weak-rear end mama's boy."

More like:

"Everclear? Isn't that an ancient earth jizz band?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They're everything, to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Then of course there are Klingon bros who hate Vulcan stuff. Drive big hovercraft and hunt Wai-Wai's on the forest moon of Xanxia