Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HopperUK posted:

Oh drat what a nightmare. Doesn't AC have cloud saves nowadays though?
Not through the regular NSO cloud save functionality :(

In the game there's an island backup feature, and I have that enabled, but I'm not sure how that works for getting my island back if I have corrupted data. I'm in the settings screen asking Tom Nook about it and he says the service is only for use when your Switch system has been lost or damaged, and that you need a new or repaired system to pick up where you left off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I said come in! posted:

But it plays Doom, so where is your god now? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4StVKLLdI

If i wanted to spend usd $200 to play Doom, i would've bought a Switch Lite

And it includes more than two face buttons

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rageaholic posted:

I've gotten Error Code 2002-2060 3 times in a row just now trying to play Animal Crossing. I Googled the error code and saw that one option was to go to Data Management, select the game and check for corrupted data, so I did and it says corrupted data was found :negative:

Does that mean my save file is hosed? I've put over 1,000 hours into this game over 4 years and I'd really hate to have to start over from scratch.

I had corrupted data once and then one of the nooks said they could try to fix it and they did. I'm sure they had to lose something to fix the data but I don't know what

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“Dom has moved to another island”

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Started playing Gris and while the gameplay isnt knocking my socks off it is a very pretty game!

Any consensus on the best golf game for switch?
I don’t think I’ve heard enough good things about Mario golf super rush to warrant dropping 50 bucks on it and there seem to be a million other non Nintendo golf games available on the switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SilkyP posted:

Started playing Gris and while the gameplay isnt knocking my socks off it is a very pretty game!

Yeah, it's just a beautiful, chill, low stakes platformer about loss

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Gris sounds like a naughty word

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Update: I archived Animal Crossing because I read that doing that would preserve your save data but remove everything else. Then I redownloaded the game, launched it and played it like I normally do for 20 minutes or so with zero error codes. My save data seems totally intact. Phew!

I don't know if this is a permanent solution, but hopefully it is.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Nobody beats the Gris

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

it means grey

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Gris me up, baby

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

As he removed his hand from his own rear end it was covered in gris and hair

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rageaholic posted:

Update: I archived Animal Crossing because I read that doing that would preserve your save data but remove everything else. Then I redownloaded the game, launched it and played it like I normally do for 20 minutes or so with zero error codes. My save data seems totally intact. Phew!

Thank goodness. I still play for a half hour or so every day and I'd be so upset if I lost my island.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

This happened to me once and it was fixed after I redownloaded it and never happened again. I don't remember the exact steps involved because it was like 3 years ago but it sounds like you're in the clear. And yes it was very nerve-wracking!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

“Dom has moved to another island”

My world would be shattered if that happened

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

robot roll call posted:

they called it the Switch 2 because it makes you want to Switch 2 a better console

Indeed, the better console that is the Switch 2

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My 6 year old wants MvDK, and that's a really tough sell, especially considering that there are now a bunch of MvDK remake or themed Mario Maker 2 levels coming out.

Again, Mario Maker 2 is the game that keeps on giving. I've pretty much abandoned the Switch since getting my Steam deck, except for SMM2 and maybe F-Zero99.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I already finished all the levels and got all the stars since Friday. It was alright, some of the latter ones were challenging. I found the hitboxes a little frustrating at times.

Didn't do the time trials though.

Question for the thread: Are you getting Princess Peach Showtime or are you a misogynist?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Already spent a voucher on it!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Question for the thread: Are you getting Princess Peach Showtime or are you a misogynist?

Waiting for Daisy DLC.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waffle! posted:

Waiting for Daisy DLC.

You're right this is a glaring omission

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SilkyP posted:

Any consensus on the best golf game for switch?
I don’t think I’ve heard enough good things about Mario golf super rush to warrant dropping 50 bucks on it and there seem to be a million other non Nintendo golf games available on the switch

Gris was fine. Some people really love it. They tend to be moved by the story.

Best golf game is Golf Story. Also the best game on the switch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol at what an abject failure Sports Story was.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did they ever fix it? I stopped playing at the school of bugs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That was the game that was so glitchy you could reach a hidden dev room where the devs basically talked about how terrible development went for the game and where they shittalked their publisher, right?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Did they ever fix it? I stopped playing at the school of bugs.

Mega64 posted:

That was the game that was so glitchy you could reach a hidden dev room where the devs basically talked about how terrible development went for the game and where they shittalked their publisher, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-OFLPoCXo

They released several patches, fixing some bugs but mostly focused on changing the developer room's tone from "damning" to "sarcastic".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLPtVwFPiA

The last patch was a year ago.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

I already finished all the levels and got all the stars since Friday. It was alright, some of the latter ones were challenging. I found the hitboxes a little frustrating at times.

Didn't do the time trials though.

I am hyped for Peach Showtime, it's going to be awesome

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Are you getting Princess Peach Showtime or are you a misogynist?

Do i have to be a misogynist to not want to drop $90CAD on a game clearly aimed for little girls?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mr.Acula posted:

Do i have to be a misogynist to not want to drop $90CAD on a game clearly aimed for little girls?

if u have to ask....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Princess Peach Showtime looks really great, I am excited to play it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I am a misogynist, and a chud, OP.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

looking forward to your 2 hour Youtube video eviscerating the game where the princess from Mario Bros. puts on Fairy Tale costumes to beat up the bad guys

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you are so brave, for saying this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

wizard2 posted:

looking forward to your 2 hour Youtube video eviscerating the game where the princess from Mario Bros. puts on Fairy Tale costumes to beat up the bad guys

I simply wouldn't engage with content along those lines, op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love that kind of content.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im not getting the Princess Peach game at launch so I guess I better go pick up my chud licenses from the governors office

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Im not getting the Princess Peach game at launch so I guess I better go pick up my chud licenses from the governors office

No need, it will be mailed to you.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I still didn’t finish Mario wonder and I didn’t start octopath 2, so I think I’ll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My switch backlog of physical games only not to mention my massive pile of digital:

Bowser's Fury
Mario Odyssey Post-game
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Pikmin3
Metroid Prime
We <3 Katamari
Tears of the Kingdom
DQ11
Wonderful 101

Backlog of games I want to buy but cant justify purchasing yet:

Mario RPG
WarioWare Move it