Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The_Doctor posted:

3 more updates and then… the final one?

The same format happened with Frontiers, so who knows what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Here we go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBHl6kHFog

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Well, "Omega" sounds definite. So it's the last update before they'll be concentrating all hands on their new game, I guess?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Libluini posted:

Well, "Omega" sounds definite. So it's the last update before they'll be concentrating all hands on their new game, I guess?

the last bit of text in the video is 'more will come' so, no

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think Omega refers to the final end of the Atlas quest line. The end of that is mentioned many times in the update notes.

Also, in the NMS trailer from the game awards in December, there was.... This station shown off:

So, we're still getting that sometime.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the last bit of text in the video is 'more will come' so, no

I interpreted this as meaning "more INFO will come ABOUT OMEGA", not that more big content is coming after Omega

my bet is Omega is the last big update

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The rumor is 3 more updates after this in the pipeline (probably smaller, I agree this is the last big one and most of the team is probably on LNF at this point)

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

I think people are reading too much in to a regular off the cuff post.

The "current" update that just came out is Omega. He just posted an update with the major content info for the release.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Technology modules are now filtered out from the list when selecting items to process in a refiner, as these can never be refined.

lol rip

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Fixed an issue that could prevent activated versions of substances such as copper or indium from being correctly listed when viewing planets on the discovery page.

quote:

Portal glyph addresses are now listed for all categories of wonder, not just for planets.
The galaxy where the discovery was found is now listed for all categories of wonder.

Some of these are really nice though

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:lol: if there are more updates, I won't complain

I just thought it would be funny if the final and last update would also be called "Omega"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Can't duplicate the S Class mods to sell for nanites any more, slightly annoying. :rolleyes:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Just Another Lurker posted:

Can't duplicate the S Class mods to sell for nanites any more, slightly annoying. :rolleyes:

that part's whatever, there's plenty of stuff you can get nanites from refining from nowadays and the on-frigate refiners are acutally mostly reliable enough now that you can refine things in them and walk away from them

it's more you can't dupe mods period, so you can't make 60 S/X-classes and grab the 4 that rolled not-poo poo, it's back to the dark days of progressing the mod RNG seed by rolling your X/Ses, seeing which ones rolled good, resetting, using C-classes to progress the RNG seed to "the seed the X/S rolled good for" and rolling the good one, rinse, repeat

not that it really matters for anyone who's already got their kit and can pull it into expeditions, it just feels a bit pulling up the ladder for the last major patch of a game, you've been able to do that for years previously and this is marked as a "Quality of Life" update when it's effectively the opposite

hell, that's one of the few things that you can't even "just make the vendors sell you poo poo for free" in the settings as far as I know, they've still got limited inventory on modules no matter what settings you have last I checked

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm sure this has been asked before but what's the benefit of the trade rocket vs using the trade terminal at a given base? Or is it easier to get and use the rocket initially, but it just becomes moot once you have a base (and trade terminal) built?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is the trade rocket buildable anywhere?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Is the trade rocket buildable anywhere?

I'm pretty sure it's available to launch anywhere you can summon a ship.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://x.com/NoMansSky/status/1758616138722734475

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Oh drat, that's like, the only thing the game was missing for me and I'm still only a little bit into it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

*Under The Influence intensifies*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

For the people like me who weren't playstation kids, this isn't a custom ship selection thing, this is a "the ship was inspired by a playstation racing game series called wipeout" thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_PAn_e9eHU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like the Wipeout series, but the games are so impossibly loving hard for me. I have never been good at those games.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

best part of wipeout was the soundtrack. fluke, chemical bros, underworld, FSOL, etc. extremely good poo poo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The best thing about Wipeout was that F-Zero GX was better than all of them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The best thing about Wipeout was that F-Zero GX was better than all of them.

Until you get to chapter 7

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F-Zero GX is one of the hardest video games ever made.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So looks like I have to do the expedition again because I'm smart and started a new save like always without realizing the amount of money and nanites you lose for your main save not doing it from that. :doh: At least it's a relatively easy one, especially now that I can get stuff from my main save for it.

Also Wipeout Omega Collection in VR kicks loving rear end and I refuse to get a PSVR2 until Sony patches the game for it which they never will.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finished an expedition for the first time and feel bad I didn't try them before, looking from the outside they felt like FOMO but it was pretty chill and easy to get through the whole thing. It's given me the desire to start a new save fresh but I do know you can take some stuff out of the expedition into a normal game besides the expedition rewards themselves. Any recommendations on what would be spend all these credits and nanites on?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I've been working my way through the Omega Expedition, apparently black holes are a big buggy, if you find one and it dosent warp you log out and go to another system with one and it should work.
I like how you get a free giant stompy robot for one of the milestone rewards.

Also giant space jelly?

At least I found a nice lookin frigate....

So Im wondering do you get to pick what ship you use in other expeditions if you have unlocked a few?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I said come in! posted:

F-Zero GX is one of the hardest video games ever made.

Beating it, unlocking the hidden cups, and beating those was legit one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in a game. After playing that game for a while, everything felt so slow whenever I took a break.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

just for clarity; the Omega Expedition is the same as all the others, right? Start a new save etc etc?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

just for clarity; the Omega Expedition is the same as all the others, right? Start a new save etc etc?

No, start it from the anomaly. There's a new console that lets you start an expedition but you can put items into a box from your main save for the expedition save to use. Once the expedition is done, you can retransfer stuff to your main save you've earned during the expedition plus all your money and nanites (not sure about quicksilver) get transferred to your main save too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

No, start it from the anomaly. There's a new console that lets you start an expedition but you can put items into a box from your main save for the expedition save to use. Once the expedition is done, you can retransfer stuff to your main save you've earned during the expedition plus all your money and nanites (not sure about quicksilver) get transferred to your main save too.

Further to this, you only can pick up your stuff when you get to the Anomaly in the expedition. Don't expect to start the expedition with the stuff, you'll still be on a planet with a busted starship and will have to scrounge for stuff at first. Not difficult, but don't think transferring a bunch of oxygen and carbon is going to fast track that. By the time you get to the Anomaly, you'll be fine, so you might want to throw in some tech stuff for you to pick up at that point.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah and you can also copy over the multitool and ship you have "equipped" on your main save, but those both cost like 2-3000 nanites and the ship's cargo section won't carry over.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm also doing the Omega Exedition and it's nice to have the gameplay be a little more directed. Salvaged a sentinel ship to replace my tiny-rear end starter ship, new one looks kinda of like a TIE Interceptor and i love it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah and you can also copy over the multitool and ship you have "equipped" on your main save, but those both cost like 2-3000 nanites and the ship's cargo section won't carry over.

Sounds like it's not worth copying over much

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sounds like it's not worth copying over much

The multi-tool and ship will be options at the Anomaly no matter what, but yeah getting a sentinel ship is one of the milestones and the multitool you spawn with will get the job done aside from the sentinel ship milestone because you need a mining laser upgrade to get radiant shards to unlock the sentinel ship, but you can buy that with nanites.

Basically what I'd recommend to bring over to the expedition is like 200 of every type of ferrite, 100 cadmium, condensed carbon, cobalt, sodium, a solar mirror and a pre-packaged advanced mining laser just to save time and effort.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Stare-Out posted:

The multi-tool and ship will be options at the Anomaly no matter what, but yeah getting a sentinel ship is one of the milestones and the multitool you spawn with will get the job done aside from the sentinel ship milestone because you need a mining laser upgrade to get radiant shards to unlock the sentinel ship, but you can buy that with nanites.

Basically what I'd recommend to bring over to the expedition is like 200 of every type of ferrite, 100 cadmium, condensed carbon, cobalt, sodium, a solar mirror and a pre-packaged advanced mining laser just to save time and effort.

Trying to find the mirrors for the Sentinel ship is a real pisser

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

DreadUnknown posted:

Yeah but you need to kill 25 sentinels anyway and dissonant ones are good to kill so may as well do them while getting the mirror.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Something I do wish I'd done just for QoL is giving myself one of the dozen or so stacks of stasis devices I have collecting dust in my freighter inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DreadUnknown posted:

Just use the signal booster or get a map and find a minor settlement. The dealer there will regularly have at least one or two solar mirrors for sale.