Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ffffuck yes, "the Black Widows"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Shockeh posted:

Quoting myself, but if anyone has one of these, I will happily buy it off you, give you goonlove(tm), and it's such a tiny piece with no breakable bits it'll just go in an envelope.

In the US?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Ah. Sadly, no, Australia.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

looks like a Deadpool parody

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

It all makes sense when you realize how jugged out the Emperor was. Looking like a 15ft tall Conan but with bountiful breasts that put Gwynevere the Princess of Sunlight to shame.

Simply massive golden milkers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Psi is stored in the tits, much like how pee is stored in the balls

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Found it, and yeah, I think it works!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Robo Captain posted:

I finally managed to get a hold of a new land raider redeemer and this mould sure is showing its age.

North America finally got a shipment of some basilisks last week, so:

I guess large flat surfaces are hard, but at least this part won't be visible on a finished model.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

North America finally got a shipment of some basilisks last week, so:

I guess large flat surfaces are hard, but at least this part won't be visible on a finished model.

Watch out, the instructions are incorrect in the basilisk I built recently. It tells you to put the wrong piece at the back of the firing platform, if you follow it you'll end up with a massive hole into the hull in the bottom back. I managed to pull it apart and fix it, but it wasn't fun.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ahaha, great, something to watch out for. Thanks for the warning.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

If you build the model differently than the instructions, can the Mechanicus declare you a heretek

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Not if you say they are hereteks first. :smugissar:

One easy trick the High Lords of Terra hate!

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Virtual Russian posted:

Watch out, the instructions are incorrect in the basilisk I built recently. It tells you to put the wrong piece at the back of the firing platform, if you follow it you'll end up with a massive hole into the hull in the bottom back. I managed to pull it apart and fix it, but it wasn't fun.

Got caught out on this too, was very annoying. It also tells you to attach the crank for adjusting the elevation of the gun wrong.

Wurzag fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 17, 2024

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

To be fair that kit is only twenty years old so they haven't had a lot of time to fix the instructions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lol you guys read the instructions

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
gently caress, I just had a great short story idea.

The inquisitor sent to a Forgeworld to investigate possible corruption, when it turns out they’ve been churning out fundamentally wrong tanks for the last 40 years that don’t work, purely because someone misread the STC printout they were given and it’s taken this long for them to start arriving with Guard regiments.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Shockeh posted:

gently caress, I just had a great short story idea.

The inquisitor sent to a Forgeworld to investigate possible corruption, when it turns out they’ve been churning out fundamentally wrong tanks for the last 40 years that don’t work, purely because someone misread the STC printout they were given and it’s taken this long for them to start arriving with Guard regiments.

All the elastic for the fuzzy dice snaps

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tempted to not put the gun platform on the chasis and just call it an earthshaker carriage battery. But lower chance to hit obvs not worth it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

it's really cool when you go into a warhammer store to buy the Ethereal model only for them to be like

SIKE

we gotta order it, we don't have it in store

I love it. It's great.

Thanks GW

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

They've got so much stock now that they can't put it all in the physical shops, even in the back so a whole bunch of stuff is online only. It's a pain in the rear end when you want to just get something immediately.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/18/sunday-preview-the-dark-angels-prepare-to-mobilise/

Time for another round of Space Marine appreciation as the Dark Angels codex goes up for pre-order next weekend, alongside all the new models and upgrade sprue.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ro5s posted:

They've got so much stock now that they can't put it all in the physical shops, even in the back so a whole bunch of stuff is online only. It's a pain in the rear end when you want to just get something immediately.

this is the one time stuff should be in the store

I was waiting at the door as the place opened lol

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

What, the Store Anniversary Ethereal? LOL, yeah, those have totally been a scam to get you in the door to order them. I think the only places I would expect to have any appreciable amount on hand are HamWorld and the cafes in Texas and Tokyo.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeah my experience with anniversary models has always been that they have to order them for you. And then they come in stock and don’t call you like they say they will.

Definitely agree that they should just have some on hand though.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Wanted to share some more since I’m actually getting some painting done. Did two in an hour. An Old 3rd Edition flayed one and it’s 9th Edition brother.

These new sculpts are so spindly that I know they are gonna break… would normally put them in a foam case but these might not even be safe in that. :ohdear:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I really liked the old lore for the Flayed Ones, before the virus thing or whatever

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

I really liked the old lore for the Flayed Ones, before the virus thing or whatever

Yeah I still use that as my mindset as well. It’s so terrifying to just wake up and just completely lose your mind. Though I do like the bit in the new lore where other necrons try to destroy them after they have been useful and they just peace out until they pop back up when they feel like it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Professor Shark posted:

Have you read the Twice Dead King books

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Levi Termies done! Space Marines truly are the easiest things to paint.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Played a first game of warhams yesterday and lost horribly. But more importantly than that, it's a lot of work moving ten plastic (wo)mens around within a specific number of inches, especially when you do it ten or twenty times more after that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

Played a first game of warhams yesterday and lost horribly. But more importantly than that, it's a lot of work moving ten plastic (wo)mens around within a specific number of inches, especially when you do it ten or twenty times more after that.
What I'd do with my tape measure in Warmachine was measure out the six or eight or whatever inches and lock the tape measure so I had it preselected and could just scoot everyone up.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/18/sunday-preview-the-dark-angels-prepare-to-mobilise/

Time for another round of Space Marine appreciation as the Dark Angels codex goes up for pre-order next weekend, alongside all the new models and upgrade sprue.

hell yeah asmodai finally

Probably gonna skip the codex because of the poor reviews.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nessus posted:

What I'd do with my tape measure in Warmachine was measure out the six or eight or whatever inches and lock the tape measure so I had it preselected and could just scoot everyone up.

Yeah I figured that out after the first couple of times, but also I really need to look up the exact rules for terrain because there's some unintuitive ones with it and how to move stuff around or through it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Al-Saqr posted:

hell yeah asmodai finally

Probably gonna skip the codex because of the poor reviews.

No problem with skipping the codex but we also don't know the new points yet.

And previews almost always fall apart when games are actually played. I wouldn't write off DA just yet.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
speed paint

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Athas posted:

speed paint

Gotta go fast

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Spiffster posted:

Somewhat happy with my first Plasmancer.

Still seeing mistakes but I promised myself I wouldn’t play again until I paint my 2k list and at this point I need to pick up the pace a bit.

That's a nice, atypical paint scheme for Necrons.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Athas posted:

speed paint

Instead of brimstone horrors, do you just have bases filled with lots of little gold rings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

xtothez posted:

Instead of brimstone horrors, do you just have bases filled with lots of little gold rings?

That is a sweet idea! I also want to paint some of the beaked horrors to vaguely look like Tails.