Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

This person might have a good point but it’s undercut by one of the most obnoxious writing styles I’ve ever encountered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

indigi posted:

I enjoy looking at Margaret Qualley quite a bit but what has she even been in besides The Leftovers - where her lack of affect is good for the character - and this new movie (that idk what it's called or is about or even the genre but stars her and another cutie and will problebly watch)

e: and that Spike Jones perfume commercial where she dances all wild in heels and a gown

She had a prominent role in Tarantino's latest movie and also was great and annoying in The Nice Guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Disney Adults are mostly sad because they're getting their entire cultural and spiritual diet from a cartoon mouse

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/LiamFennessy_/status/1758980552185479636

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Would Lisa Simpson have grown up to be an Itchy and Scratchy adult?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Millhouse would.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I get the feeling Heather Graham did something (or didn't do something) to get her career absolutely stunted.

Yeah, I really like her performances and it's a shame she isn't in more.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Millhouse would.

Lisa would too tbh, she had "future warrenite" written all over her

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

Yeah, I really like her performances and it's a shame she isn't in more.

Honestly the fact that she's still doing erotic thrillers at age 54 is really impressive

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I haven't been to disney world in 24 years

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

disney land? the florida one

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Buck Wildman posted:

I haven't been to disney world in 24 years
i've only been to the good theme parks. like the one that shanghais international students with an internship that's just doing jantiorial work or groundskeeping, and makes them sleep in barracks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Disney Adults are basically weeaboos but somehow also basic bitches about it. Weebs are at least weird and funny from a safe distance and into things that they have to actively seek out rather than being omnipresent.

Doesn't help that Disney's kinda become a burnt-out shell of itself in recent years that's terrified of new ideas and puts out overmanaged garbage.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they also never made a charlie sheen three musketeers ride, either

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's like these people took an icepick to their imaginations.

it's a bunch of millennial yuppies, they weren't in any danger of developing an imagination. or personality. or doing much of anything beyond passive consumption

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

This person might have a good point but it’s undercut by one of the most obnoxious writing styles I’ve ever encountered

Glad I'm not the only one, the point of written language is to communicate your thoughts not whatever this is lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

What ever happened to antonymous

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fuligin posted:

What ever happened to antonymous

ate AIT's family and died of madcow disease

(i liked them though, hope they return at some point)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

insane clown pussy posted:

it's a bunch of millennial yuppies, they weren't in any danger of developing an imagination. or personality. or doing much of anything beyond passive consumption
luckily, millenials will stop being yuppies in a few years

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gonna join the space mountain gang

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also apparently Disney's own employees basically have been all Disney Adults for about a generation by now, which explains so much.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Popy posted:

gonna join the space mountain gang

get wtih the times gramps, space mountain ahsn't existed for like 8 years. it's the starwars hyperspace mountain now and forever

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the last time i was at Disneyland was summer of 01 ok

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

disney adults are very embarrassing but also who cares

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lol at thinking Gen X is above collecting nostalgic pop culture baubles; we practically invented that poo poo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also apparently Disney's own employees basically have been all Disney Adults for about a generation by now, which explains so much.

it's to the point that they pay poverty wages compared to any other employer but they're always fully staffed because DISNEYDISNEYDISNEY

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shageletic posted:

She had a prominent role in Tarantino's latest movie and also was great and annoying in The Nice Guys.

I feel like I failed some kind of character test for how hard I laughed at how she died in that movie.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zokari posted:

this

plenty of adults are embarrassing from everything from megasports to self-identified Gamer to adtrw vtuber simps. the only thing that elevates is a slavish devotion to one single multinational megacorporation but even then it i can't really be assed to get mad about one flavor of burgerpeople vs the other.

but i also get why there's a portion of the population whose disillusioned and unhappy with contemporary adulting and wants to live in a nostalgic past for the last time they can remember being carefree happy. most disney adults are the female version of the guy whose really obsessed with the 80s w retrogaming arcades and synthwave

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

nice obelisk idiot posted:

i've only been to the good theme parks. like the one that shanghais international students with an internship that's just doing jantiorial work or groundskeeping, and makes them sleep in barracks

My wife got hoodwinked by that program. They do that poo poo to domestic students as of the mid 2000s.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is true. When I was a security guard I would be able to discern the open floorplan office hierarchy by seeing who had Funko Pop displays. How high they were stacked directly corresponded to compensation it was silly.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Disney used to be good at it. But they ain't got the juice no more. So the Disney Adults are gonna get unsatisfied one day and have a "Homestuck" or "8bit comics" level hiatus breakdown. It'll be glorious.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Disney used to be good at it. But they ain't got the juice no more. So the Disney Adults are gonna get unsatisfied one day and have a "Homestuck" or "8bit comics" level hiatus breakdown. It'll be glorious.

they did a very good job hoovering up a lot of different stuff over the last decade and a half to distract from the fact that the level of quality of what they provide has been decreasing over time. the problem is that over that same time, all the "difference" in the different stuff has been smoothed out since it's all going through the same review process and content chute now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hoo boy, that's a thought. Might be a fun fandom apocalypse to watch if there was any guarantee of a minimum safe distance.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bro Dad posted:

it's to the point that they pay poverty wages compared to any other employer but they're always fully staffed because DISNEYDISNEYDISNEY
this sounds a lot like Blizzard, where the "prestige" of working for Blizzard offset being paid in oat porridge. now we just need a huge sex scandal.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nobody "needs" a huge sex scandal, actually

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

this sounds a lot like Blizzard, where the "prestige" of working for Blizzard offset being paid in oat porridge. now we just need a huge sex scandal.

The entire game industry is like this. Everyone who works at one only got into their chosen field so they could work in games, and the brass knows

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

loquacius posted:

The entire game industry is like this. Everyone who works at one only got into their chosen field so they could work in games, and the brass knows

God I wish Hollywood was like this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

indigi posted:

nobody "needs" a huge sex scandal, actually
in my mind, the difference between a sex scandal and no sex scandal in this case is whether existing harassment is brought to light, not whether it happens

loquacius posted:

IIRC, blizzard people who left for Riot got a 50% pay bump, so there was a blizzard tax on top of the regular games tax.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Zokari posted:

I don’t give a poo poo about the embarrassing part, it’s the part where they were extremely pushy and self righteous about their hobby for years that I found irritating

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

Idk if you're joking but that mood is also pervasive and is used as a cudgel for depression of wages, expansion of on-set responsibilities and a social pressure to accommodate harassment of the mental, physical and sexual varieties.

The "dream job" mentality is extremely poisonous and well crafted by various industries for different purposes. See also non-profits, creative endeavour industries, social work etc.