Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Blue Footed Booby posted:

a video about a historical weapon used by the military of a made-up country is really saying "this was made by a current-day gunsmith, but presenting it like that inexplicably triggers YouTube to demonetized the video for teaching people to make/modify guns."

I, too, watch forgotten weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Yeah calling guns freedom dispensers isn't concerning or anything

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
What about suggesting that their high quality materials are metal and polymer? That's weirdly non specific

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Volmarias posted:

What about suggesting that their high quality materials are metal and polymer? That's weirdly non specific

How many metal parts do water guns have? Like, one spring and some screws maybe?

I think that they included that line as a hint that they’re actually selling firearms.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

credburn posted:

Maybe this is a real savvy marketing move, actually

Facebook ad. Takes you to a silly website, that eventually takes you to the real site, where they sell guns (because you can't advertise that on Facebook)

Thought it was going to be dildos before I fully read your post 😬

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Last Chance posted:

Better get used to terrible AI images in ads if even looking through an archive of burger photos is too hard for Burger King marketing dept
It was a facebook or twitter or something post that I liked say how people should start commenting on ads on social media that use AI gen images for marketing.
Not in the way of 'You're stealing jobs from artists!1!11!!!' way but:
'Wow Product looks cheap and crap as gently caress. I don't want to buy that.'
or
'If they can't pay for a real ad, I bet they cheaped out on Product too then.'

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's right, shame them where it hurts, their pocketbook. If they get bad weird of mouth that says don't buy Product, it's cheap and lovely, they'll have to spend even more on advertising to improve their brand image. Which, if they spend money on AI art instead of traditional media, will just drive them further down the hole. Eventually they'll learn or the limits of your influence will be reached.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kwyndig posted:

bad weird of mouth

Dune (1984, dir. David Lynch)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Last Chance posted:

Thought it was going to be dildos before I fully read your post 😬

America is called the home of the brave for a reason

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

America is called the home of the brave for a reason

Irony?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah that's right, shame them where it hurts, their pocketbook. If they get bad weird of mouth that says don't buy Product, it's cheap and lovely, they'll have to spend even more on advertising to improve their brand image. Which, if they spend money on AI art instead of traditional media, will just drive them further down the hole. Eventually they'll learn or the limits of your influence will be reached.

Marketing is a black hole where marketing execs insist they make a big difference, but usually have no actual way of quantifying it. They would just spin this as "a vocal minority afraid of change that probably doesn't even go to our franchisees."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Croccers posted:

It was a facebook or twitter or something post that I liked say how people should start commenting on ads on social media that use AI gen images for marketing.
Not in the way of 'You're stealing jobs from artists!1!11!!!' way but:
'Wow Product looks cheap and crap as gently caress. I don't want to buy that.'
or
'If they can't pay for a real ad, I bet they cheaped out on Product too then.'

"Engagement is up, this campaign was a success."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BMan posted:

I, too, watch forgotten weapons

First example I thought of lol

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Marketing is a black hole where marketing execs insist they make a big difference, but usually have no actual way of quantifying it. They would just spin this as "a vocal minority afraid of change that probably doesn't even go to our franchisees."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Marketing is astrology and economics is phrenology.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This is not the future Don Beveridge wanted

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Economics is Haruspicy.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This is not the future Don Beveridge wanted

Team lead did not like the "we got bagels! WOOO!" slogan that I pitched.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Economics is Haruspicy.

Nah, that gives economics too much credit for leaving room to decide to do something sensible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nah, that gives economics too much credit for leaving room to decide to do something sensible.

Like preparing lunch.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I gotta say the way the woman is holding the vertically-aligned barrels of the freedom dispenser, I was expecting closer to the shake weight's brand of freedom to be dispensed.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

So inspiring - all those kids in Uvalde literally bursting with freedom. :patriot:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

"Engagement is up, this campaign was a success."
"Engagement is up, but sales numbers haven't???"

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

credburn posted:

Maybe this is a real savvy marketing move, actually

Facebook ad. Takes you to a silly website, that eventually takes you to the real site, where they sell guns (because you can't advertise that on Facebook)

I assumed sex toys, 100%

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Of course you'd say that! You have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey, the white guy in this Indian ad looks familiar. Where have I seen him before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQcuVnmi58

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

That's not dumb though? :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The MSJ posted:

Hey, the white guy in this Indian ad looks familiar. Where have I seen him before?
I don't know. :confused:

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

The dumb marketing moves are coming from inside the thread! (Not gonna buy your Indian dick pills, friendo)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A few years ago I was clicking through Bollywood music videos on YouTube for some reason, I think mostly from the late 2000s and early 2010s. I noticed that nearly all of them included token white people. They usually weren't allowed to do anything important, but it was still crucial that they were in the shot. That was funny to me.

They didn't have Johnny Sins though, brilliant move

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Johnny Sins can play any role, as his filmography can attest.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Truly the homo universalis of our time

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh, that's who he is? Lol why would a basketball player advertise shoes when they can already run and jump?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That's a pretty great hulk Hogan costume, ngl

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Baron von Eevl posted:

That's a pretty great hulk Hogan costume, ngl

You can kind of see his dick, which must be really embarrassing for him

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's just silly how accurate the soft lighting is in the astronaut photos

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
I recently came across the DuoLingo Instagram, and it's completely baffling to me.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3IskROtUqD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Like...I cannot wrap my head around it and am surprised they are still around with stuff like this. And even if the above is harmless, they also have ones like this...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2fsVoZvNPH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Joking about kidnapping families just seems so...creepy.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Simulation883 posted:

I recently came across the DuoLingo Instagram, and it's completely baffling to me.

Like...I cannot wrap my head around it and am surprised they are still around with stuff like this. And even if the above is harmless, they also have ones like this...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2fsVoZvNPH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

It's like asking an AI prompt, create the worst video imaginable for Duolingo. Make it absolutely unwatchably awful. Make it painful.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
There was a meme that the Duolingo owl was creepy, so now they’re running with it as some sort of pseudo-Gritty.

Gritty would gently caress the Duolingo owl up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Simulation883 posted:

The owl and the surgeon skipping at high speed has the same vibe as those freaky 'prank' Youtube videos targeting children with Batman and the Joker