Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Ostensibly the team still must be sold. It’s pretty clear from Paul Allen’s documentation.

The delay in sale seems to be mainly from the complexity and scale of processing a billionaire’s estate.

Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s thrown up some legal walls to delay things but ya the above two posts sum up where seahawks ownership is as far as I know, currently, and I don’t know poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nobody knows when the hawks will be sold. There was some 2025 date that mattered because of taxes or financial reasons which is why people thought Carroll wouldn't be fired bc his contract ran to that time frame. Seahawks ownership has literally said NOTHING about anything other than the thank you for your service letter to Pete Carroll. It's impossible to know what they are thinking long term but I agree with everyone's assessment that it appears that winning matters to them and that is cool and good

Also no prospective buyer is going to be turned off by a bad on the field team. Billionaires are not going to not buy a team because it was bad on the field the year before they bought it. The commanders haven't been good in forever and how much did they sell for?

I know I'm in the minority but I still don't see a HUGE drop from geno to lock. But I do see HUGE holes in the defensive line and at linebacker and no cap space.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grozz Nuy posted:

My understanding is that the directive was to sell the Seahawks and Blazers within a certain period of time after his death and use the proceeds to fund his charitable foundations and poo poo?

he could of just left the team to one of those foundations and it would be a money printer for decades. but I guess they'd have to disclose even more financial info than the Packers do to maintain their charity status

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jody Allen has pretty clearly hinted that she has no plans to cede control anytime soon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

and why would you, value aside a sports franchise like the coolest toy someone can own

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m sure a billionaire can find ways to drag it out til the end of time. See: Trump’s legal proceedings, and that’s with highly motivated adversaries on the other side.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1759290918350327891?s=46&t=uvfjN1Q2fpYV2ZFal9FCDw

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Really wish we could have had Kevin Harlan calling that game.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sunday Morning posted:

Really wish we could have had Kevin Harlan calling that game.

Did he not do the Westwood 1 broadcast?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Did he not do the Westwood 1 broadcast?

He does, but I think the implication was “have Harlan do the TV broadcast that the vast majority of us watch”

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1759250320150987236?s=46

Nope!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

that's a couple of spry, young fellas next to the guy hired to be the most powerful man in the world

if his age is good enough for that job, who does the National Football League think it is telling these whippersnappers they don't deserve serious consideration for a head coaching role

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If anything they should have discriminated against Bill (propped up by Tom) and Pete (last won a playoff game pre-COVID) sooner

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Finally the most prosecuted group is getting representation

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have agreed to a one year extension with Ravens Legend Nelson Agholor

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I get it, but if you had told me a year before belichick and carroll were gonna be unemployed and no teams were interviewing them, I’d question your sanity

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Pontius Pilate posted:

I get it, but if you had told me a year before belichick and carroll were gonna be unemployed and no teams were interviewing them, I’d question your sanity

I'm with you to an extent, but it does make sense that if you're a front office moving forward you want to give the keys to a guy you believe will be there for years to come. The majority of coaches are under 50 now. The oldest coach in the NFL right now is Andy Reid at age 65 and then John Harbaugh at age 61.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What an Extremely Mike Florio article. Brave of him to speak up for noted marginalized group, white boomers.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If decrepit old coaches don't want to suffer the modern day Ättestupa that is "Not being interviewed" they should simply not let the game pass them by.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Carroll could be kind of questionable but I don't think a head coach of any age who came off the season Belichick did with all the red flags around that team the last few years would be getting a ton of interviews regardless of age or prior resume. Probably the hypothetical younger coach would have to go rehab as a coordinator for some time, which Belichick obviously isn't going to do

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bill as a coach, maybe. It was out there that he wanted roster control again, which loving lol.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

joe football posted:

Carroll could be kind of questionable but I don't think a head coach of any age who came off the season Belichick did with all the red flags around that team the last few years would be getting a ton of interviews regardless of age or prior resume. Probably the hypothetical younger coach would have to go rehab as a coordinator for some time, which Belichick obviously isn't going to do

Bill Belichick going to Nick Saban's Home for Wayward Coa-Oh....

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

I know I'm in the minority but I still don't see a HUGE drop from geno to lock. But I do see HUGE holes in the defensive line and at linebacker and no cap space.

This is absolute madness. Lock is dreadful and Geno is decidedly above average.

Lock played 4 games in 2023. His rate stats are abysmal. Compared to the 32 qbs who played the majority of snaps for their team, Lock would rank:
  • 33rd in int rate (3.9% lol)
  • 25th in completion percentage
  • 29th in success rate
  • 24th in sack rate

In comparison to the above, Geno was 11th, 18th, 11th, 10th.

And importantly, Lock’s 2023 rate stats are among the best in his career. Lock sucks. I don’t even know if he’s backup tier once he’s off the rookie contract.

Geno has his flaws but Lock is trash tier. The gap between them is enormous.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lock beat the eagles that one time and it was very funny so he's actually good

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

And importantly, Lock’s 2023 rate stats are among the best in his career. Lock sucks. I don’t even know if he’s backup tier once he’s off the rookie contract.

Lock has been off that contract for a while. Seahawks gave him a 1 yr deal last season likely because he already knew Pete's scheme and Pete had a soft spot for him. Otherwise I agree with all of that and they should let him walk for whomever they draft (please get a QB somewhere John).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Maybe Carroll wasn’t interviewed because he still has a job. The only person who even reporting that he was looking for another head coaching job this year was Florio, so the whole Pete Carroll is being blackballed because he’s old thing seems like a whole cloth invention by a notorious idiot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

This is absolute madness. Lock is dreadful and Geno is decidedly above average.

Lock played 4 games in 2023. His rate stats are abysmal. Compared to the 32 qbs who played the majority of snaps for their team, Lock would rank:
  • 33rd in int rate (3.9% lol)
  • 25th in completion percentage
  • 29th in success rate
  • 24th in sack rate

In comparison to the above, Geno was 11th, 18th, 11th, 10th.

Geno has his flaws but Lock is trash tier. The gap between them is enormous.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There was no way in hell Carroll or Belichick were going to find another HC position. While they are both very successful coaches, they are going to have specific approaches, will want to have a say in personnel, and would not be open to being a "bridge coach." They both appear to be in good health (I mean Pete is in incredible health for his age), but they are completely of the age where a case of pneumonia could lead to their retirement. No team is going to make that kind of gamble.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lifespan posted:

There was no way in hell Carroll or Belichick were going to find another HC position. While they are both very successful coaches, they are going to have specific approaches, will want to have a say in personnel, and would not be open to being a "bridge coach." They both appear to be in good health (I mean Pete is in incredible health for his age), but they are completely of the age where a case of pneumonia could lead to their retirement. No team is going to make that kind of gamble.

This makes no sense at all. It was taken for granted that Belichick was going to get a job and he should've got the Falcons job if the morons in the FO who are awesome at winning 7 games every year didn't get to Blank.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

This makes no sense at all. It was taken for granted that Belichick was going to get a job and he should've got the Falcons job if the morons in the FO who are awesome at winning 7 games every year didn't get to Blank.

The Patriots are averaging 7 wins a year for the last 4 years .

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apparently brady has a year of college eligibility now he's been retired for a full year.

Billy 5 Aces and brady at Michigan for one more year!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Patriots are averaging 7 wins a year for the last 4 years .

I'm sure Raheem Morris is a better coach than Bill Belichick. It's a slam dunk.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Apparently brady has a year of college eligibility now he's been retired for a full year.

Billy 5 Aces and brady at Michigan for one more year!

This is a legit pitch for a sports comedy that will lose money.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Doesn't becoming a pro automatically void any future NCAA eligibility?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure Raheem Morris is a better coach than Bill Belichick. It's a slam dunk.

He’s got a ring more recently than Bill, so maybe!

But even if Raheem ends up being a bad hire that doesn’t mean Bill would have been a good one. He’s a geriatric control freak that learned nothing from the last 4 years of mediocrity. Atlanta doesn’t have a roster that’s ready to compete and Bill sure as poo poo isn’t the guy to get them there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s got a ring more recently than Bill, so maybe!

But even if Raheem ends up being a bad hire that doesn’t mean Bill would have been a good one. He’s a geriatric control freak that learned nothing from the last 4 years of mediocrity. Atlanta doesn’t have a roster that’s ready to compete and Bill sure as poo poo isn’t the guy to get them there.

The fact that you can be so sure that a guy who won the super bowl 6 times has lost it and forgot how to coach is remarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he won by cheating, op