Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Barometer posted:

Carry on, TRUE BELIEVER!

Don't forget his no-prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I don’t care for Orwell but a lot of Asimov’s complaints read like a YMS video review.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
It's the state motto of New York.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
They picked a good one. A lot better than "The Crossroads of America".

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We have confirmation

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you know, when they're right they're right. the us should just go back to having all of those things funded entirely by tariffs and corporate taxes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Wow what a great rebuttal sir, epic

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"drat, you mean back then we didn't have a military that cost 40% of the annual budget of the entire rest of the world combined? How is that even possible"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm amazed the people who post poo poo like that remember to breathe

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
brain is stuck in a loop between "Elon is always wrong" and "Frank Luntz is always wrong", can't process this tweet

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Someone supposedly found Elons burner account

https://twitter.com/Truth_Is_Lost_/status/1756089575041020028?s=20

https://twitter.com/SchottHappens/status/1759291526444961995?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 19, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mannerup posted:

brain is stuck in a loop between "Elon is always wrong" and "Frank Luntz is always wrong", can't process this tweet

The only way it could get any worse is if they somehow roped Bill Kristol in there for some kind of always wrong three way. I think the combined force of their wrongness would unlock time travel or faster than light capability or the death cure or some poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Just in case you thought Elon wasn't "Adrian Dittman":

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I thought there was some thing going around where that Liam Nissan account called out Musk for transparently being Alex Dittman and complimenting himself, and Elon raged out and permabanned him because he’s a tiny fragile bitch

Edit^^^^ yeah, all that

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Why is Elon complaining, it's not like he actually pays taxes anyway

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You have spoken the actual truth.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love the constant "thirteen year old boy running his first Ezboards forum in the late 90s" energy Elon has brought to what was once the most trafficked social media platform on the internet prior to his acquisition of it. Truly a man of the times.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the 1913s also didnt have internet and a bunch of other modern things.

also I think around this time american schools dropped german as a 2nd language for some reason.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Hippocrass posted:

Don't forget his no-prize.

The last time someone cashed in a no-prize Elon ended up owning Twitter.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Well that proved him wrong, good job sir

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Sir Tonk posted:

Well that proved him wrong, good job sir

Thank

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Someone supposedly found Elons burner account

This is nearly the entirety of what has been discussed over the past couple of pages. Come on, man

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I watched a documentary a long time ago where they found one of Hitler's last surviving relatives from his immediate family. They all vowed to not have children.

Anyway, I think Musk's kids should do the same thing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

git apologist posted:

his points seem facile and reddity, for example, he criticises the two-way telescreen as impractical because you’d need a massive workforce to watch everyone 24/7, but all you need is for people to fear they are being watched, not for them literally to be watched 24/7.

that’s kind of one of the key motifs of the book, that language and ideas are important and we need to defend them assiduously otherwise assholes will manipulate them to their own ends?

but Asimov over here running a smug ‘well actually,’ takedown
I think his overall point was that Orwell didn't have much imagination to see why the system was silly and no one would really buy into it. 1984 had an agenda and wasn't going to let common sense stand in its way.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I wonder if one could get these drooling tech bros to turn on the idea of algorithms if one points out that it's of etymologically Arabic roots? They're certainly stupid and racist enough...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Samovar posted:

I wonder if one could get these drooling tech bros to turn on the idea of algorithms if one points out that it's of etymologically Arabic roots? They're certainly stupid and racist enough...

"Arabic numerals" has been used before as gotchas by the same people that use "dihydrogen monoxide"

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

temple posted:

1984 had an agenda

Interesting

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DaveWoo posted:

Why is Elon complaining, it's not like he actually pays taxes anyway

Also back in 1913 the government didn’t have a space program and didn’t give out credits for building electric cars so most of his business would be unviable

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Smartest Man In The World formulating a withering comeback while stylishly exonerating himself:

NO YOU'RE STUPID!!!

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

good lord, imagine having a sock puppet to go give compliments to your pictures telling yourself youre a good dad etc.. this man is not well

he even has sycophants who already post these sort of creepy comments to him, yet he feels the yearning to pad it further

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Renreeja posted:

he even has sycophants who already post these sort of creepy comments to him, yet he feels the yearning to pad it further

One can't even call them toadies - at least amphibians have backbones.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Frank Luntz has a hand in creating the broken hellscape that is today, so I suppose his comeuppance is that he is gonna get online bullied by the world's biggest idiot.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Orwell was a dumbass and 1984 was a lovely book. Here's a review by an actual leftist, Isaac Asimov, as to why it's bad satire and Orwell does not understand leftism: https://www.newworker.org/ncptrory/1984.htm

Once a pig always a pig, apparently

"To summarise, then: George Orwell in 1984 was, in my opinion, engaging in
a private feud with Stalinism, rather than attempting to forecast the
future."

lol that's a criticism, Isaac? It's almost like using a depiction of the future to critique the present is the entire foundation of what science fiction is. Christ he's a dumb salty bitch.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In his Animal Farm, Orwell utterly fails to justify his premise by producing no explanation of why his Animal characters display advanced cognitive abilities. A simple remedy would have been to dedicate several chapters to the exploration of a futuristic programme of genetic modifications that led to this outcome. Furthermore,

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"why there be no robot? Where robots?" - Isaac Asimov

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Animal Fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Renreeja posted:

good lord, imagine having a sock puppet to go give compliments to your pictures telling yourself youre a good dad etc.. this man is not well

I encourage people to listen to this supposed alt account speak in that spaces call. There is no way it's Elon, the guy manages to string multiple sentences together and state his point clearly without stuttering or pausing.

It's a simp doing an impression or using a voice modulator.