Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

You use one for a Zaku and then come up with another project you can use 2,999 rhinestones on.

Huckebein Mk-3 BEDAZZLED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Surely a Bedaz-Zssa-led, where you put a bunch on the missiles.

As well as everywhere else.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are the new Huckabein kits good? Saw them in the store and they're the SRW Gundam wannabes right.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Are the new Huckabein kits good? Saw them in the store and they're the SRW Gundam wannabes right.

Quite good. I've only built the older one of the two, but they're really nice HGs. Pretty big, great color separation, cool equipment. Expensive, but worth the money if you like the design.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gripweed posted:

You use one for a Zaku and then come up with another project you can use 2,999 rhinestones on.

Zaku minelayer, Zaku marine, Zaku sniper, Dom, Dreissen, Rick Dias, Efreet. Only 2,992 to go!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Biblically accurate Zaku is also an option

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm offended at this thread's insinuation that I have only one zaku

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm offended at this thread's insinuation that I have only one zaku

I mean, 1, 3, even 50, is still "one" when you have 3000 of something. :-)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

for universal centuries you have been asking who is mr. 3000 zakus this is mr. 3000 zakus speaking

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

thumbing out 3mm rhinestones one by one at the hobby lobby checkout. never have so many wished me dead, the true mark of one who has lived well

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/rumasiyo/status/1759022564641542493/photo/1

Chuchu's figure rise model is out

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Biblically accurate Zaku is also an option

Bedazzle a Ball

Eyeball

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Become light, spacian!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Super Custom Zaku F2000 surely counts for two thousand of those, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Buck Wildman posted:

thumbing out 3mm rhinestones one by one at the hobby lobby checkout. never have so many wished me dead, the true mark of one who has lived well

If they're 3mm wide, get a 30MM kit with as many accessory ports as possible, stack on accessory packs, and plug all the holes with 3mm rhinestones.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Skrillmub posted:

That would work, and really, 3000 Zakus isn't that many.

Seriously, that's only like 1/3 the number Amauro takes out during the OYW.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oooh, my EX Hologram markers arrived! :peanut:

Got the full set of 4 because they're dirt-cheap things, plus a green fluroescent marker just for the heck of it, and I think one of the holo markers should be able reproduce the neat gradient colouring of the Promare MODEROID's boxart on its weapon and flame effects if I do it right :science:. Gonna test on the leftover runners to see how well it takes the paint for starters.

I will admit, I'm a little disappointed my order didn't come with a February issue of their hobby magazine though.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I brought my special coating sazabi out to take photos of it. The wind caught it, and it tipped over. One of the horns broke off. Sazabi was on the top of my car, and the faceplant was at the edge of my cars roof. The rice sized bit of candy coated chrome was just... gone. My buddy was beside himself trying to find it. I have kids, I expect this sort of thing to happen, so I took it a lot better.

I believed the part to be lost. Still, I spent a couple minutes looking for the bit before I left. I drove off from my friends house, and not even 5 minutes later, he calls me. And somehow, in his sparkly white concrete driveway, he found the bit that snapped off. SEVEN FEET from where my car was.

This morning I setup a paper and blue-tac jig so I could align and glue the bit back on. And while it's not perfect, you'd never know from more than 2' away.

edit: CA glue dissolves the candy coat, so.. be careful. It's not FAST ACTING, but it does make some of it .. move.

Nerobro fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 19, 2024

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Are most of the new gundam releases this year going to be Gundam SEED? Or did I misread the schedule? The only non-SEED so far I see is MG Gundam C-Packs Ver. Ka

I hope they do a new PG Unleashed in the next few years, but IDK what they would even do. Hopefully not Unicorn, so Astray? (I'd like to see a PG Barbatos one day, just because its so sick, but maybe give it enough time for someone to give a new spin on the mechanical design)

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh, my EX Hologram markers arrived! :peanut:

Got the full set of 4 because they're dirt-cheap things, plus a green fluroescent marker just for the heck of it, and I think one of the holo markers should be able reproduce the neat gradient colouring of the Promare MODEROID's boxart on its weapon and flame effects if I do it right :science:. Gonna test on the leftover runners to see how well it takes the paint for starters.

I will admit, I'm a little disappointed my order didn't come with a February issue of their hobby magazine though.

Where did you order from? I hadn't seen the EX Hologram until now.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Slanderer posted:

Are most of the new gundam releases this year going to be Gundam SEED? Or did I misread the schedule? The only non-SEED so far I see is MG Gundam C-Packs Ver. Ka

I hope they do a new PG Unleashed in the next few years, but IDK what they would even do. Hopefully not Unicorn, so Astray? (I'd like to see a PG Barbatos one day, just because its so sick, but maybe give it enough time for someone to give a new spin on the mechanical design)

I dunno what's going on with Bandai, they seem to be chasing new customers and forgetting about the old ones.

Fortunately, the third parties are making tons of cool stuff so the possibility of things like a PG Barbatos or close enough could actually happen in the next few years. There's already an almost PG Talgeese coming in May.
https://www.gundamit.com/strange-work-1-60-pg-tallgeese-model-kit_p4869.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slanderer posted:

Where did you order from? I hadn't seen the EX Hologram until now.

HLJ has them

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

HLJ has them

can you link the set? i'm probably googling bad

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deviant posted:

can you link the set? i'm probably googling bad

Just look up "marker ex holo" on HLJ and you'll see them. There's not a proper set of them, just meant I got the full individual range of them.

The individual markers are;

Trans Am Holo Red
MEPE Holo Yellow
Psycho Frame Holo
Moonlight Butterfly
Wings of Light Holo

Also now realizing there's 5 of them, and that means I think I missed one :cripes:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 20, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Skrillmub posted:

I dunno what's going on with Bandai, they seem to be chasing new customers and forgetting about the old ones.

Fortunately, the third parties are making tons of cool stuff so the possibility of things like a PG Barbatos or close enough could actually happen in the next few years. There's already an almost PG Talgeese coming in May.
https://www.gundamit.com/strange-work-1-60-pg-tallgeese-model-kit_p4869.html

I mean, SEED customers are pretty old. 20 years since the show came out, after all. Has been a while since we got regular large scale kits, though.

(Weird thing? We're getting a bunch of Kyoukai Senki kits from the online series, including the new Australian mech and a war rig. Retail releases, too.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, SEED customers are pretty old. 20 years since the show came out, after all. Has been a while since we got regular large scale kits, though.

(Weird thing? We're getting a bunch of Kyoukai Senki kits from the online series, including the new Australian mech and a war rig. Retail releases, too.)

Not really, most of it's just beating a dead horse out of the "prototype" custom MAiLES and the Brady moulds, the truck is just a modular version of the one they already did with flattened surface to make it easier to stick bits on. I wouldn't be surprised to see a customizable Stork before long, especially with how many Brady variants there are now.

The Bunyip Ginga's the first totally-new mech they've done in the kit line since the show ended, and I'm pretty :nallears: on its design compared to the Boomerang's sleek lines.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Slanderer posted:

Seed makes money. I hate it, but it makes money. Like, last christmas donkey rushed to sell off all of their non-seed gunpla just so they could stock the shelves, all of the shelves, with every seed kit available in preparation for the movie.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Messed up the Kyoukai Senki gets to have four or five Brady variants but Synduality barely has any kits when their robots all look pretty different.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PG Aerial, it jumps, it flies, it dances!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
More WfM FMs would be nice. Calibarn for sure.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Prodoros, Desultor, Cargores.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Full Mechanics Chuchu

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finally buckling down and getting this diorama project I've had on my mind started. The mg barbatos frame is so drat nice with the detail and fun to paint.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Waffleman_ posted:

Full Mechanics Chuchu

Clear Color ver.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Full Armor Chuchu.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

She hides her funnels in the hair like pins.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Waffleman_ posted:

Full Mechanics Chuchu

Is this where you have to build her skeleton first, and then waste a bunch of time on all her internal organs you can't even see unless you shell out a lot more money for the

SpikeMcclane posted:

Clear Color ver.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That or the Real Grade

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any WFM Real Grade, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know they usually like to wait a good bit before doing more than a HG of a show, but I do wonder if how fuckin' gangbusters a lot of the WfM kits sold might convince them to fast track some higher grade kits