Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Amazing. truly we are blessed with the posters we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Plz resticky the "Stop reporting stupid poo poo" thread so this can be added, TYIA

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol someone reported this...

I take full responsibility. I’ll take my licks as necessary

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Glottis posted:

for those of us that are not cat whisperers, we just assign human emotions, and that cat looks like it's over the kittens' poo poo. This probably didn't need explaining.

I think it's pretty cool that there's a common household creature that's got totally different body language and facial expressions to us. It's like they're little furry aliens. And learning how to communicate with a little furry space alien, and having it pay off, is pretty awesome.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Agreed. Funny jokes should be outlawed

let me know when you see one in this thread

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

luchadornado posted:

let me know when you see one in this thread

Turn off your monitor.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/H78oSXx.mp4

Dog saw a rabbit lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Not as good as Traumatized Mudcaked Dogwalker, but a strong second place.
:allears:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I feel pity, a strong dog can really hurt you, especially if they give little or no indication beforehand

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I feel pity, a strong dog can really hurt you, especially if they give little or no indication beforehand

Yeah, my mom had a dog do something similar and it messed up her shoulder so bad she had to get surgery.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

When I first got Pongo he would drat near drag me across the street to get a bunny on walks. After lots of training, he can spot one 15ft away and waits until I give him the go signal to chase it.

Hell even playing tug sometimes you gotta be careful otherwise he can wrench your arm a weird way when he is shaking the rope. 90lbs of energetic dog is a lot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Humans are exceptionally weak for our size due to how neotenous we are even as adults.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Gentle Leaders solve these kinds of problems

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shoe sole hanging on by a thread, this woman's life still hangs in the balance :ohdear:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1758919489994031321

I'd extract the vid but it's three minutes long and imgur won't host it.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I wouldn't say right, but I won't say wrong either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Almost certainly fake, but on the off chance it's not, Amen sister.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
outrage bait is somehow becoming more lazy and more elaborate at the same time

like they're going to greater extremes to pull the obvious stunts for tiktok clout but they're too obvious with it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

outrage bait is somehow becoming more lazy and more elaborate at the same time

like they're going to greater extremes to pull the obvious stunts for tiktok clout but they're too obvious with it

Tragically my first thought as well :( Think the main issue here is that it's too perfect, everything center frame in sharp focus. Still a fun skit but very staged.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

And that's a wig.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Takes No Damage posted:

Tragically my first thought as well :( Think the main issue here is that it's too perfect, everything center frame in sharp focus. Still a fun skit but very staged.

What really bothers me about stuff like this is (perhaps not this specific video, but ones like it), there's very little heart behind it. It's just about clicks and algorithms and engagement and ad revenue. I no longer feel like I'm being entertained; only that I'm being conned into clicking on poo poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Only click stuff that makes you upset, out of spite

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

credburn posted:

What really bothers me about stuff like this is (perhaps not this specific video, but ones like it), there's very little heart behind it. It's just about clicks and algorithms and engagement and ad revenue. I no longer feel like I'm being entertained; only that I'm being conned into clicking on poo poo.

If you think it's bad now, wait till people really get the ball rolling with the new Sora AI thing

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Karate Bastard posted:

We're here, aren't we?

Nordick posted:

If you think it's bad now, wait till people really get the ball rolling with the new Sora AI thing

Ugh. Facebook went from "okay for keeping in touch with family" to "migraine-inducing" real quick because of ai image generation. "Wow they're releasing a live-action Banana Man movie!?" say the people who didn't think to Count The Fingers

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's bot farms clicking content produced by bot farms, producing hella engagement for the ad investors, who seek to sway the attention of the bot farms, and then we get Apple III and Marvel 9inety 9ine, which are just captivating to the investors.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

You can report things without clicking them. God will sort them out.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Plz resticky the "Stop reporting stupid poo poo" thread so this can be added, TYIA

bring back the anonymous name-and-shame dumb reports thread, imo

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

bring back the anonymous name-and-shame dumb reports thread, imo

I think you might not understand what some of these words mean

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Nordick posted:

I would simply not click the bad videos.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

PurpleXVI posted:

I would simply not click the bad videos.

Same, but credburn is apparently clicking on them, so it'll probably get worse for them :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nordick posted:

That won't be around long. They lose money literally every time someone puts in a prompt. It will never be profitable. Idiots are pumping billions into it which they will never see again. It will be abandoned as soon as they realize there's no profit coming and people hate the poo poo.

The one thing people have done for their entire lives is watch videos and look at pictures of people, they can tell when it's ai.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well that's beside the point isn't it?

If it's dumb then dumb people will like it, and dumb people are easier to part from their money, and there's plenty more dumb people than smart people, so dumb poo poo it is, all the way baby

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That won't be around long. They lose money literally every time someone puts in a prompt. It will never be profitable. Idiots are pumping billions into it which they will never see again. It will be abandoned as soon as they realize there's no profit coming and people hate the poo poo.

The one thing people have done for their entire lives is watch videos and look at pictures of people, they can tell when it's ai.

That's an optimistic take, but I think you underestimate how long and how much money VCs will pour into this. I think a lot of damage will be done by the time it fizzles out.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, re. the $50k fool, I know of someone worse. Someone I'm related to (THANKFULLY via in-law relations) has been subjected to a PoA after they were scammed out of £100k for a mail-order bride/s.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Openai has a tiktok account and it's just posting those sora videos

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

greazeball posted:

I think you might not understand what some of these words mean

you should report it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

AI is currently CGI in the 90s. It will become just as wide spread and good enough in 20 years. People had these same arguments with CGI. Current AI has no right in production but it will be forced in.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nordick posted:

I will train AI to watch them in my stead and audibly sigh in anguish every time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pixaal posted:

AI is currently CGI in the 90s. It will become just as wide spread and good enough in 20 years. People had these same arguments with CGI. Current AI has no right in production but it will be forced in.

Except anything made with AI has no copyright, so the commercial use of it will always be incredibly limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lmao if it's profitable to change the law the law will be changed