Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the manga yugi curses a man obessed with money to see trash as money and the man becomes a homeless person covered in garbage

We stan a king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the manga yugi curses a man obessed with money to see trash as money and the man becomes a homeless person covered in garbage

And that trash man would later become the only returning character in the cyberpunk motorcycle racing Yugioh season.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he also sets a mf on fire

This is actually the best part of yugioh.

That and the parts where like, he just straight up cheats. dude's a real rear end in a top hat and it owns.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Endorph posted:

The timeline is this.

Yu-Gi-Oh starts in shonen jump. It is about an evil spirit playing Jigsaw style games with random villains of the week.
This version gets an anime that runs for 26 episodes, then ends.
The manga's plot shifts exclusively to the card game after that arc is extremely popular. This is in 1997-1998.
The duel monsters anime comes out in early 98.
The physical TCG is first printed in late 98. (after some test releases in capsule machines, claw machines, and other trinket dispensaries in early 98 as promotion for the anime.)

I think my favorite part of the Yugioh timeline is that the first Yugioh video game actually came out before the official release of the OCG in japan, and they were pumping them out so fast that it was like, 7 games in (with 2 capsule monster games) before the video games actually even remotely followed the OCG/TCG rules

EDIT: Also even stranger, there are actually 2 different japanese yugioh card games; the orginal bandai OCG that ran from april 1998- January 1999 with wonky rules and then Konami got the rights and started releasing the modern OCG in February 1999

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 19, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the TCG originally followed the animes rules but everyone realized this was bad and it was changed to its current rules

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the TCG originally followed the animes rules but everyone realized this was bad and it was changed to its current rules

i imagine the rule where if you threaten to kill yourself your opponent has to let you win was a popular choice

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

fez_machine posted:

Solar Sands cover Scott Cawthorn's outsider artist era pre-Five Nights At Freddies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtdbkxZ5NUg

As someone who bought A Desolate Hope when it released I'm glad this is getting some attention.

I tried watching this, but its just a guy going through game by game and providing a brief summary. They don't really have anything interesting to say. Maybe later on it gets better, but I'm not sitting through a 54 minute video lol.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ah, a Quinton style video

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he also sets a mf on fire

This is the one I know, courtesy of littlekuriboh

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

pentyne posted:

i imagine the rule where if you threaten to kill yourself your opponent has to let you win was a popular choice

Can’t even meta game anymore.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Hey friends, did you have fun with the new Defunctland video?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I love learning about every dated bid for relevancy Disney slots into poor Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It's like watching a corporation claw its own skin off.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finally watched the amazing digital circus pilot and it did nothing to dispel my confirmation bias that it was made for people who watch MatPat videos all day

also why was it animated in 30fps instead of 24? it looks so weird, besides the colors being so garish

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its because its supposed to look weird

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I liked it, yeah.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that's the key, just have fun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want to share with you this time portal into the internet that feels like it's from two decades ago, but it's actually from only 9 days ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDYssLWplrg&hd=1

this guy's video was recommended to me with zero views. it's incredible

check out his masterpiece, hellblazer1337 vs predator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGdY559hYTE&hd=1

he's fuckin' DOING IT and nobody's gonna stop him

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

claw game handjob posted:

From what I gather it sounds like he just had a real poo poo 2023. He realized he couldn't just run an irregularly-scheduled anime channel as a job, especially not being able to guarantee unearthing something all the time, so he started trying to pivot some of his ripping and restoration skills into doing tape archival... kind of a niche business to supplement a niche business.

And then a bunch of personal life stuff came up where, while I did not dig deeper from some of the patron messages he put out at the time, he might not have had a house for a while.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. was wondering what happened to that guy and what he was up to:smith:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

trucutru posted:

Why not? I found it funny.

I don't remember any diaper fetish but I would just have rolled my eyes at it. But I bet people who have that particular fetish will appreciate it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this insane poo poo happens so many times on these forums i genuinely believe they do this to get rid of useless Alt accounts or something

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Runa posted:

that's the key, just have fun

Don't forget the desk. Gotta have the authentic watching experience

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yikes, this does not look good for Jenny

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1759418221504205227

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_YqrUsBxLE

A video (from Billiam) about a channel I never got as a European (spikeTV).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spike was for sure a bit spicy for today, but they often had 007 and friday the 13th marathons so it kind of kicked rear end actually

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

cancelled

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Shaun did a funny Vaush joke involving an “accidental” folder leak of goblin pictures and tax documents during a recent livestream but I can’t find a clip of it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The 7th Guest posted:

i finally watched the amazing digital circus pilot and it did nothing to dispel my confirmation bias that it was made for people who watch MatPat videos all day

also why was it animated in 30fps instead of 24? it looks so weird, besides the colors being so garish

Its aesthetic is based on, and frankly nailing to a tee, a very specific aesthetic of early 90's CGI art and FMV software.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Its aesthetic is based on, and frankly nailing to a tee, a very specific aesthetic of early 90's CGI art and FMV software.

Optimal viewing experience

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

90's CGI WISHES it could do such color gradients.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was explaining the entire Hbomber/James Somerton saga elsewhere and looked up iilluminaughtii's channel while I was at it and it seems they're trying to post through it and are regularly releasing videos except with comments turned off. Their viewership had already tanked last May after she tried to start poo poo with Legal Eagle and hosed up but it's dropped off even more now, I wonder how long this channel will be viable.

I didn't watch any of the videos so I have no idea whether the quality has dropped off or not

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that illuminaughtii will keep going by paying people on her team less and less while she looks for an escape route into the next grift. I wonder if she's still getting sponsorships

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i went to check and if you search Illuminaughtii without logging in, the top 10 videos are all exposes of her including the harris burgerguy video. Her own channel is hovering between 5-50k views per video and some thumbnails appear to be made with AI

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Time to complain about the woke mob cancel culture

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i went to check and if you search Illuminaughtii without logging in, the top 10 videos are all exposes of her including the harris burgerguy video. Her own channel is hovering between 5-50k views per video and some thumbnails appear to be made with AI

I mean of course she jumped on ai art the second it became viable. It means you can use lots of different frames of your pyramid headed character instead of just four, and you don't have to pay anyone for it!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I didn't watch any of the videos so I have no idea whether the quality has dropped off or not

from that big plagiarism drama video, the quality of those videos already seemed to be complete dogshit, so i’m struggling to see how another drop in quality would even be perceptible

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ulvir posted:

from that big plagiarism drama video, the quality of those videos already seemed to be complete dogshit, so i’m struggling to see how another drop in quality would even be perceptible

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1740637288886084070

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

I loved it, but it also left me with a deep craving for a video on the Doug stage show.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Manswers might be some of the worst tv we’ve gotten, but Deadliest warrrior was so stupid it warped around to being entertaining to watch

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Deadliest Warrior owned. I don't remember who won Taliban vs. IRA but I remember that someone decided it needed to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SpikeTV was great if only for the Joe Schmoe Show