Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Alan Smithee posted:

Y’all hung up on crank goddamn goons have never seen another movie

I haven't seen Crank. That's where the bald guy drives cars, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s where the bald guy injects so much adrenaline into his body to stay alive that he has a big ol boner

The second one is where he shoves a shotgun up someone rear end, becomes Godzilla, has sex with Amy smart in the middle of a horse track

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hell yea it is.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gamer is surprisingly great. Obnoxious and grating as hell, but a really solid flick

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Terry Crews absolutely devours all the scenery as the villain.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ghost Rider movie should basically be a longform metal music video.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Half of Taylor/Neveldine went on to make the shows Happy! and Brave New World, both of which are pretty cool, but the other half (Neveldine) made The Vatican Tapes, which is not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mom and Dad is incredible as well. Do not sleep on that movie if you haven't seen it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

do I even wanna know

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

do I even wanna know

yes mother fucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t4bbQ3hAwM

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

Y’all hung up on crank goddamn goons have never seen another movie

I've seen Crank 2.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's no Crank

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's maybe better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uIPM6h1gDg

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Gamer is surprisingly great. Obnoxious and grating as hell, but a really solid flick

I mean, there's a good chunk where it's the perfect encapsulation of the Internet, where they're using the Gamer puppet technology to recreate Second Life, with Milo Ventimiglia of "Heroes" and later "This Is Us" fame playing an avatar called Rick Rape.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Come And See posted:

So... Drive Angry?

Fun as gently caress movie that really benefits from being made before Cage managed to pay off his castle (it's a paycheck gig but that paycheck matters!). And Eric Roberts really brings it.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

High Warlord Zog posted:

Fun as gently caress movie that really benefits from being made before Cage managed to pay off his castle (it's a paycheck gig but that paycheck matters!). And Eric Roberts really brings it.

William Fichtner?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Monica Bellucci posted:

William Fichtner?

I just checked and Eric Roberts isn't in it. Also William Fichtner obviously is.

Take that as you may.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bill Fights is probably cooler than eric roberts

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
There are two types of movies: cranks and manks. choose wisely

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Monica Bellucci posted:

William Fichtner?

Whoops. But, yeah, the guy who plays the agent of hell sent to track Cage down is terrific

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He was probably thinking of the Eric Roberts classic A Talking Cat?!?!?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drunkboxer posted:

There are two types of movies: cranks and manks. choose wisely

Mank stank

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

CelticPredator posted:

It’s where the bald guy injects so much adrenaline into his body to stay alive that he has a big ol boner

The second one is where he shoves a shotgun up someone rear end, becomes Godzilla, has sex with Amy smart in the middle of a horse track

He explicitly rapes her, but it's okay because he's so good at sex she's into it by the end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is a problematic classic yes. Very 2000’s.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Speaking of William Fichtner, I saw a beautiful 35mm print of Contact recently, and mistook Fichtner's character in the film as being played by James Woods. Well, who should turn up later in the film than... James Woods, playing an appropriately greasy senator.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CelticPredator posted:

problematic classic

I think that's one of Ric Flair's titles, WOOOOOOO

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Young Freud posted:

I mean, there's a good chunk where it's the perfect encapsulation of the Internet, where they're using the Gamer puppet technology to recreate Second Life, with Milo Ventimiglia of "Heroes" and later "This Is Us" fame playing an avatar called Rick Rape.

Inspired by this conversation, I went and checked out Fratliners Pathology, the Ventimiglia vehicle based on a Taylor/Neveldine script. And yeah, it's incredibly edgy and does a lot of their things, but also a) directed and edited so slackly that it ends up failing to find the fun in a fairly fun dumb (D-U-M) script, and b) clearly been degayed in the edit. Because that film is so loving gay. There's an orgy scene and every time the dudes look like they're getting close to each other it cuts to ladies frenching.

So at least they're equal opportunities pervs, is what I'm saying, which makes them better than the vast majority of sleazoids we got in the 80's through 00's.

Edit: they should have adapted Catch-22, not Clooney.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 19, 2024

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I liked the part in Crank where he yells "It's Crankin' time!" and cranked all over those guys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I liked the part in Crank where he yells "It's Crankin' time!" and cranked all over those guys.

stupid

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That comes pretty close to happening

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1759947149112918241

There's been a lifesign from the Borderlands movie. Completely forgot it existed, again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kevin hart as Roland. :wtc:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if it's a movie you have to put kevin hart in it those are the rules

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Cooked Auto posted:

There's been a lifesign from the Borderlands movie. Completely forgot it existed, again.

The entire cast are gonna either be dead or in nursing homes by the time this film actually releases.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's too many protagonists, I'm worried they'll each need a cool little scene to both introduce and hype them and that'll be more than half of the movie.

I mean, I guess they could knock them all out with one musical intro like the games, but that'd require me to believe the movie is good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I like the look of the characters/costumes, I think they got that right. But yea, if you want to kill any possible enthusiasm I could have for a movie all you have to do is put Kevin Hart in it.

I do respect Blanchette's willingness to do all sorts of crazy poo poo though. Her career choices are all over the map, which is fun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thanksgiving was pretty fun so I think he made the right choice to ditch it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cooked Auto posted:

It bears mention that the writer asked to have his name taken off of this, if you want to know how well things are going behind the scenes

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FlamingLiberal posted:

It bears mention that the writer asked to have his name taken off of this, if you want to know how well things are going behind the scenes

It was also pretty much entirely reshot when Eli Roth vanished from the production because he refused to do reshoots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Just insane SyFy energy coming off this.