Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Gary Oldman tried to portray Truman as deranged but libs took it as him being a strongman that was willing to do what that pussy J Robert Oppenheimer wouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

diaharrya poo poo pooman

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/IsaiahLCarter/status/1758877230199898185

Danann has issued a correction as of 04:17 on Feb 19, 2024

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

“In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway. So far the black activist response hasn’t been up to the challenge. We have to do better.”

i'd like to think it's just that i wasn't a cynical bastard still clinging on the the barest shreds of hope back then, but i really was just a retarded child thinking obama actually offered anything meaningful

thankfully he taught me that lesson extremely quickly and effectively

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

when even shill filibovic makes you look bad... yikes a roo, hun.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Andrew Jackson literally ignored the supreme court which even then was like "no you cant do genocide like that" and he was like "gently caress you" and did genocide anyway. Also hated central banking and caused a whole bunch of bank runs. But somehow not dead last in the list? loving liberals make up your mind.

Tbf it would rule if Biden took a scotus ruling and said "John Roberts has made his decision, now let him enforce it"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Polisci majors have the same recency bias as everyone else and are also succbrained

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

listen, sweaty. if they didn't want to get genocided, they shouldn't have done all these things the people genociding them made up

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

love blood libel

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

Andrew Jackson literally ignored the supreme court which even then was like "no you cant do genocide like that" and he was like "gently caress you" and did genocide anyway. Also hated central banking and caused a whole bunch of bank runs. But somehow not dead last in the list? loving liberals make up your mind.

Lincoln ignored Roger Taney (of Dred Scott v. Sanford infamy) yelling about the suspension of Habeas Corpus, yet he's usually #1 or 2 on most of these BS lists.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Oneiros posted:

i'd like to think it's just that i wasn't a cynical bastard still clinging on the the barest shreds of hope back then, but i really was just a retarded child thinking obama actually offered anything meaningful

thankfully he taught me that lesson extremely quickly and effectively

Obamailures are forever disgraced imho

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[COMPANY & ANGELICA]
Work, work! Angelica

[COMPANY, ELIZA, & PEGGY]
Work, work! Eliza And Peggy!

[COMPANY & ANGELICA/ELIZA/PEGGY]
Work, work!
The Schuyler sisters
Work, work
We're looking for a mind at work
Work, work (hey)
Work, work (hey)
Work, work

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

MadSparkle posted:

these polls always seem like such bullshit to me

the thing you've got to remember about polls is it's people who are answering them

the thing you've got to remember about people is they're dumb as a bag of hammers

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

kazmeyer posted:

the thing you've got to remember about polls is it's people who are answering them

the thing you've got to remember about people is they're dumb as a bag of hammers

toy hammers

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Simple numerical ranking is obviously bullshit. I want to see them do those web charts that they use for anime power levels.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

i say swears online posted:

diaharrya poo poo pooman

God that boss fight was annoying

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My grandma was 94, in a nursing home, couldn't walk or care for herself, unable to understand who she was talking to, kept forgetting English even though she had spoken it since age 5, and kept replacing actual memories with things she probably remembered from books or movies because they never actually happened, but she still was able to draw clocks and poo poo so she was never actually diagnosed with dementia. And she was far, far more coherent than mumbling Genocide Joe, and had a better grasp on reality, too. Also she never committed genocide so would have been a better president in every respect.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MadSparkle posted:

That's because polls are designed to support whatever argument the pollster wants them to support.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1759427787105157590?t=S6WkkBMv3KckjuAIex7Zsw&s=19

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MadSparkle posted:

It took me a while but I've started to realize they should be taken as seriously as a ranking of Mtn Dew flavors posted on Cracked or an IGN ranking of James Bond villains

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

LyonsLions posted:

My grandma was 94, ... she was never ... diagnosed with dementia. And she was ... coherent.

See folks, ol' Joe has at least another decade of presidency in him still.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

they loving love ranking their hitlers

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Andorra posted:

It took me a while but I've started to realize they should be taken as seriously as a ranking of Mtn Dew flavors posted on Cracked or an IGN ranking of James Bond villains

dew rankings are far more serious business than which presidents people remember the names of most

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gotta love how the Schuyler sisters yell out their own names like Pokemon

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/VApoliticalmeme/status/1759403595886186779

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

idgi

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
it's 15 tweets about biden having on a lovely suit, op

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

In his 1966 essay titled "The Secret Vice," Tom Wolfe wrote about men obsessed with "real buttonholes." This meant functional buttonholes on the sleeves of suits and sport coats, which—at the time this essay was written—was an indication that the jacket was possibly bespoke.

https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1759427799130177663

https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1759427801743323142

But when you have real buttonholes on a jacket that has not yet been adjusted for your arms, you limit how much the sleeves can be taken up. You can see this on Biden's coat. If the sleeves were properly taken up, the edge would be too close to the already-cut buttonhole.

In such cases, you have to take the sleeve up from the shoulder, which is a complicated task. This is further complicated if the jacket is patterned, as the pattern should match across the sleeve and body. So often, you just see guys with sleeves swamping their hands.

Unfortunately, there's no elegant solution for this. Manufacturers should simply drop the stupid selling point and sell jackets made with "unfinished sleeves." This means the sleeves don't yet have cut buttonholes, and the jacket comes with buttons in a little bag.

With your arms hanging naturally by your side, your sleeve should reveal just a sliver of shirt cuff. A quarter inch is about right. Anything more and you risk revealing too much shirt cuff at some point, as jacket sleeves ride up when you do things such as bend your arms.

Ask for four buttons on the sleeve for formal suits. Three buttons on casual suits or sport coats. If you're cheeky, two buttons spaced a little apart for an Ivy Style cuff. Or one button for a sporty look (but use a button that's the same size as the front closure).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Javid posted:

it's 15 tweets about biden having on a lovely suit, op

By a guy who got Twitter famous slamming republicans for obscure fashion most normal people would never notice.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joementum posted:

I don’t understand why anyone would think Truman is in the top ten

That is legit psychotic yeah.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

quote:

When it comes to which president should join Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln,
and Teddy Roosevelt on Mt. Rushmore, Franklin Delano Roosevelt again comes in first, by a wide
margin (65.4%). Barack Obama came in second (11%), followed by a three-way tie between
Dwight Eisenhower, James Madison, and John F. Kennedy (4% each)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
havent every president from obama since the last 50 years or some poo poo used the same tailor to get their suits as decorus tradition or whatever and trump hosed IT ALL UP with his CRASS BULLSHIT or is that another fake news media story? Or did the old fuckin dude actually just retire when he knew he was outta the game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Joementum posted:

I don’t understand why anyone would think Truman is in the top ten

vague memories of enjoying that david mccullough biography

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nichael posted:

it's actually good to habitually make murder weapons and give them to nazis because that money goes to american workers making murder weapons to give to nazis

https://x.com/JonathanOC/status/1758211127128047844?s=20

So stopping now would be even better for the economy later??

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nichael posted:

it's actually good to habitually make murder weapons and give them to nazis because that money goes to american workers making murder weapons to give to nazis

Correct. This is how the economy has stayed afloat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

By a guy who got Twitter famous slamming republicans for obscure fashion most normal people would never notice.

I think it's pertinent insofar as the dude has rather conspicuously stayed away from criticizing Democrats... but now he's taking shots at Biden's lovely suits

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I am glad that suit guy has this passion but I'll be honest I don't give a poo poo about the President's suits.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think it's pertinent insofar as the dude has rather conspicuously stayed away from criticizing Democrats... but now he's taking shots at Biden's lovely suits

at the point you are arguing the pertinence of a menswear gimmick account on twitter to politics, you have lost yourself down the Will Stancil hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I will take Obama on Mt Rushmore but only if they put Trump up there too.