Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

How hard is it to go to a jigsaw box? The game does a lovely job of explaining mechanics to new players so to someone just playing it's a white highlighted thing and who knows what that means.

Does the clock work similarly in the way Jigsaw box work? Like, you hav a chance it doesn't work and you have to trek the entire map just to die horribly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Does the clock work similarly in the way Jigsaw box work? Like, you hav a chance it doesn't work and you have to trek the entire map just to die horribly?

No, it works, people just need to go to it and click. But I'm telling you...you guys are thinking from the lens of experienced players, when I started I didn't know that you had to go to white glowing things unless I googled it. :D

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also the only real consequence of being asleep vs Freddy (well, besides marginally speeding up his teleports) is not hearing a terror radius, you can still tell he's coming by his stupid lullaby

Not that the game tells you that either I realize, but they couldn't even give him proper stealth as a gimmick

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If the new killer has a complicated power with survivor interaction were probably going to see sadako level kill rates, survivors really don't want to learn killers at this point. Same with Freddy being so high, there's just a distaste of survivors wanting to do anything other than gens and loops

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Also the only real consequence of being asleep vs Freddy (well, besides marginally speeding up his teleports) is not hearing a terror radius, you can still tell he's coming by his stupid lullaby

Not that the game tells you that either I realize, but they couldn't even give him proper stealth as a gimmick

You're also affected by snares, which makes looping a bit harder.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1758521774457623034?s=20

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

BHVR posted:

Since we’ve started regularly sharing stats last year

Did I miss a ton of updates or something? I haven't seen any stats in well over a year. I even looked on their "Developer Update" archive and couldn't find anything.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

So the new killer is Jerry Jones?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/falloutplays/status/1758527396574089656

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/medullah/status/1758538865424453685?s=20

Dude totally stole my joke.

Edit - Stole it so well he went back in time and posted it before me

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

bhvr has confirmed that the new killer doesn’t use the names of any culturally sensitive supernatural critters.

Now, given the analog horror slant, the original hypothesizing may have just been totally off base, or maybe the killer has some elements of those things but doesn’t go as far to take from them wholesale.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

bhvr has confirmed that the new killer doesn’t use the names of any culturally sensitive supernatural critters.

Now, given the analog horror slant, the original hypothesizing may have just been totally off base, or maybe the killer has some elements of those things but doesn’t go as far to take from them wholesale.

It's a Whydigo

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Reminds me of the guys from Amnesia the dark descent

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Medullah posted:

It's a Whydigo
i heard when they lose a survivor in chase they turn into a Wheredhego

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pants Donkey posted:

i heard when they lose a survivor in chase they turn into a Wheredhego

Don't need the new killer for that, I see that all the time when I'm killer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Figured out what it was reminding me of heh

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A mimic killer would likely be too strong or toothless to balance, but those first couple games where the guy helping you do a gen starts demanding sugar would be terrifying

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Wasn't that the original concept of Legion? Or something like that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Wasn't that the original concept of Legion? Or something like that.

I think it's what people THOUGHT Legion was gonna be before they dropped

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I get that SWFs on comms would ruin that kind of killer, but SWFs on comms ruin most killers so that's hardly a reason not to do it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pants Donkey posted:

A mimic killer would likely be too strong or toothless to balance, but those first couple games where the guy helping you do a gen starts demanding sugar would be terrifying

Brutal against low MMR solo groups, literally would not have a power against SWFs.

And then nerfed into the ground two weeks later because low MMR solo groups complained.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

The only way I could see "Oh, poo poo, that survivor was the killer all along!" working would be if the killer could somehow teleport to and possess an existing survivor. Like they pull out a teacup and start rubbing a spoon around the rim and BAM one of the survivors is now in the upside-down or whatever

But if we're talking about a whole "Hello fellow kids!" situation, I don't see that being doable at all.

On the plus side, I don't believe that asking survivors to stay away from their teammates and only trust them to do the bare minimum would affect solo queue any more than it would SWFs ;)

Pants Donkey posted:

One silver lining is that solo survivors would finally stop clustering on one gen when the game starts.

It's not my fault that one Daily requires 180 SECONDS of co-op action! Do you know how many matches that will take??

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 18, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

One silver lining is that solo survivors would finally stop clustering on one gen when the game starts.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Being facecamped from exactly outside range while the other survivor teabags me in basement.
Oh, and the other two survivors killed themselves on hook.

What a cool and good game.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 19, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1759593872760422689?t=WbfpC-gEv8vUOxfxxttx9Q&s=19

Pig getting buffed, Mangled nerf making hit and run Wraiths cry out

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
:eyepop: HUNTRESS BUFFS HUNTRESS BUFFS

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Holy poo poo they're finally doing the bloodweb change everyone was asking for, being able to autobuy on any char after you hit prestige 1 on anyone.

E: those huntress buffs look intense

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BUFFS FOR AMANDA LET'S loving GO

e: Lots of angry pig players in the forums regarding the removal of jigsaw box auras. I'm kinda glad for the nerf to that playstyle, honestly. It was too easy to just tunnel the poo poo out of someone once you had a trap on them by following them around to the boxes while ignoring everyone else. The trap timer change is a bit unnecessary but whatever. Ambush and crouch speed buffs are extremely welcome.

e2: I don't understand why Huntress is getting buffed. She was fine where she was, now she's going to be everywhere and even easier to hook camp with her.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 19, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It is funny the Pig buffs came with nerfs. I mean, I agree that camping puzzle boxes was not fun, but the increased trap timer feels unnecessary.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It is funny the Pig buffs came with nerfs. I mean, I agree that camping puzzle boxes was not fun, but the increased trap timer feels unnecessary.

Yep. Adjust the tampered timer/gear addons if timer length is an issue. There's no reason to extend the base length.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Relyssa posted:

e2: I don't understand why Huntress is getting buffed. She was fine where she was, now she's going to be everywhere and even easier to hook camp with her.

There's two main reasons I can think of.

1) Her kill rates were surprisingly low in the stats they showed off last week. Even when you account for her being a killer all the new players try, it's kind of weird.

2) She's a character everyone has and everyone enjoys, and you want to give characters like that a little walking around money every now and then because everyone is going to enjoy it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

About time The Blight was buffed.

Although knowing BHVR, somehow this buff will end up being a massive nerf and also bug out the Knight, making them killswitch his rear end for 3 months again.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Those Huntress buffs are never getting out of the PTB and she'll probably have one hatchet by default just to be careful

Twitter's already yelling about it and the PTB hasn't started yet

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

About time The Blight was buffed.

please nerf blight into the ground and/or remove him from the game entirely please bhvr

gently caress blight forever

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Better nerf... Pig?

What? Pig buffs? I mean, Pig nerfs too, because of course, but ok.

But now what do we meme? Better Buff Blight?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I know Otz accused BHVR of being "unambitious" right after they released their 2024 roadmap, but do they seem willing to experiment and take risks.

You don't get social media to blow up by thinking too small.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
None of these things are ambitious. They are simple balance changes in the wrong direction lmao

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BrewingTea posted:

You don't get social media to blow up by thinking too small.

yeah you get social media to blow up by making balance changes that are completely nonsensical like buffing a killer that in no way needed the help

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Kwolok posted:

None of these things are ambitious. They are simple balance changes in the wrong direction lmao

I guess it's the angry people on reddit that are wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BrewingTea posted:

I guess it's the angry people on reddit that are wrong

That's usually the case, yes. These are some really questionable balance changes, at best.