Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
People who go to Trump rallies aren't CHUDs, they just really love the convention halls and political discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jelly posted:

Not everyone is this online.

No, but it was absolutely over the news here, so it isn't like it was tied to a random obscure post only.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I want to say the Trump sneakers mean he's strapped for cash, but who knows? Trump!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The ivermectin ads seem hella weird, like if you were gonna get it you would have back when COVID was still a thing (even though it was never a thing it's just the flu). But they are still advertising it and the ads make it sound like you need to buy and stock up before the libs find out and stop you

But COVID isn't really even a thing anymore, why would you still need it? Are they saying you should just take this one weird horse drugs that supposedly stops COVID for everything now? You need it for VIRUS X because it will also stop that and every other virus out there but the libs just don't want you to have it because ?

Is taking horse drugs just for the sake of LIBERAL TEARS going to be a thing like are guys gonna film themselves sitting in their truck eating some apple flavored ivermectin to own the libs and show everyone how not mad they are?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

ImpAtom posted:

No, but it was absolutely over the news here, so it isn't like it was tied to a random obscure post only.
Who under 50 years old watches the actual television news?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Trump did yeah. A truth social post for the ages. I think it was the first thing he posted after the engoron ruling lol.

But it wasn’t publicized outside of that from my understanding and it definitely was not public knowledge before his tweet so I suspect a lot of the people who were going were not aware.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Strong Sauce posted:

this is really stupid qualifier because they didn't advertise this at all. the only thing i can find is they posted a picture on instagram after the event in which they're getting a ton of negative comments about trump from "sneakerheads"

Sneakercon is an annual event, I get the sense that Trump just decided to show up. He probably paid money or got a, "Sure dude, whatever" from the convention organizers to Make A Big Special Appearance so he could have one of his Forever-Campaigning moments, which seems to have backfired pretty spectacularly.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't the dude literally post beforehand he was going to it?
yes trump might have advertised his appearance but the people doing the event never put it on their website.
https://sneakercon.com/
https://sneakercon.com/event/sneaker-con-philadelphia-february-17-2024/
so maybe the company running the event knew he was coming... but they sure didn't advertise it.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

I like how trump said “SNEAKERHEADS! That’s what they call you people, don’t they?” because you know that before he went out on stage someone told him “call them sneakerheads, they like that”

Shoe collecting is just funko pops for the trashier and slightly more self conscious

“Sneaker heads be like ‘oh, he got the Velcro!’”

-Macklemore

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Strong Sauce posted:

yes trump might have advertised his appearance but the people doing the event never put it on their website.
so maybe the company running the event knew he was coming... but they sure didn't advertise it.

This is a lol.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Trump went to a shoes con and not one shoe was thrown at him. Very disappointed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Remember when Trump posted about his very specific love of Budweiser and Budweiser products?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Waffle House posted:

Sneakercon is an annual event, I get the sense that Trump just decided to show up. He probably paid money or got a, "Sure dude, whatever" from the convention organizers to Make A Big Special Appearance so he could have one of his Forever-Campaigning moments, which seems to have backfired pretty spectacularly.

yes.. i've been thinking about this. given trump's ego i feel like this was a last minute thing otherwise he'd be promoting it like crazy. so it was a last minute thing where they got someone to spray gold a shoe with a USA flag since they heavily advertise it as, "LIMITED EDITION (note: shoes may not be as they appear now)"

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

The ivermectin ads seem hella weird, like if you were gonna get it you would have back when COVID was still a thing (even though it was never a thing it's just the flu). But they are still advertising it and the ads make it sound like you need to buy and stock up before the libs find out and stop you

But COVID isn't really even a thing anymore, why would you still need it? Are they saying you should just take this one weird horse drugs that supposedly stops COVID for everything now? You need it for VIRUS X because it will also stop that and every other virus out there but the libs just don't want you to have it because ?

Is taking horse drugs just for the sake of LIBERAL TEARS going to be a thing like are guys gonna film themselves sitting in their truck eating some apple flavored ivermectin to own the libs and show everyone how not mad they are?

Ivermectin, sure. But illegal chinese horse steroids are 100% on the table.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ImpAtom posted:

People not from the area just might be going to niche cons

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

oh god he's actually selling 3 pairs of shoes

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Nooner posted:

Because someone invested a lot of money into Ivermectin stock at the peak of the fad and they’re still trying to get a return on that investment.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm not really a sneakerhead, BUT, I know a few, and they inspired me to start buying nicer shoes for myself. The AirMaxes I'm wearing right this very second are really comfy and I use them as my daily shoes. Air Jordans are really popular.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of shoes, if you aren't wearing Zero Drops yet, then what are you waiting for?

Seriously, get a pair of zero drops, get used to wearing them and never look back.

Your future self will thank you.

I think it's funny that on one side you have people wearing shoes like Hokas that are about as far from zero drop as you can get. And you also have people sleeping on super soft mattresses. But then on the other, you have the smart that sleep on firm mattresses with zero drop shoes.

No idea where I am going with this.

To sum up: vote left, zero drop shoes, firm mattresses. And eat veggies consistently. You should probably stretch, too.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

suction posted:

Trump went to a shoes con and not one shoe was thrown at him. Very disappointed.

"Shoes con" works on a couple different levels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

I mean maybe I'm biased because one of my co-workers was going to Sneakercon and I got to listen to him ranting on Friday about how Trump going ruined it for him and he wasn't going, so I feel like it was at least not a complete obscurity.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
eh, Kohl's has good deals on New Balance. Sometimes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

JonathonSpectre posted:

>detects Civil War President chat from 10,000 miles away<
>puts on cape and flies into the thread 50 posts late just to inhale forcefully and cry<

gently caress ANDREW JOHNSON.

my ACW hot take: McClellan wasn't that bad. Mediocre at worst, and the strategy of "not losing" was probably all he was capable of and he did that adequately

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

"Without the high earners (Republicans and conservatives)..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Nooner posted:

The thing about the chud conspiracy sphere is that it never backs down on anything, and highly rewards doubling down on crap ideas. So it's very natural that ivermectin would move from a possible long-shot covid antiviral that some scientists were testing, to Definitely Proven anti-covid superdrug that The Man was keeping down to protect their microchip vaccines, to just plain magical superdrug with nebulous effects. The fact that you can get horse doses at your local Tractor Supply just adds fuel to the fire.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love the Chuds hating on NYC when all the evil trump hating Judges and AG are state officials.

What about Plattsburgh, Chuds? Hate on them too!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

219 pairs of Red Waves plz

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I literally only heard about the sneaker thing through this thread

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Harald posted:

Motherfucker I have been waiting to make a hand pun about Leopold II for years and you just went and did it. I salute you but I'm also jealous.

I'm sure there've been lots and lots of Leopold II threads, although I can't think of any offhand.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Waffle House posted:

I'm not really a sneakerhead, BUT, I know a few, and they inspired me to start buying nicer shoes for myself. The AirMaxes I'm wearing right this very second are really comfy and I use them as my daily shoes. Air Jordans are really popular.

I’m not a sneakerhead either but was walking by a foot locker and there was a pair of Air Force ones that I really liked the looks of so I got em. Now I like looking at them every time I put them on. I can’t explain it they just clicked with me!

Now I keep a look out when I pass by shoe stores.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of shoes, if you aren't wearing Zero Drops yet, then what are you waiting for?

Seriously, get a pair of zero drops, get used to wearing them and never look back.

Your future self will thank you.

Been wearing barefoot/minimal/zero drop shoes for over a decade, can confirm. Lems are particularly good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

When you lose Eric loving Erickson though I think he wishes the anti semitism was more subtle

Meanwhile on the Blaze

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1759293965516284204?s=20

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I love the Chuds hating on NYC when all the evil trump hating Judges and AG are state officials.

What about Plattsburgh, Chuds? Hate on them too!

Easy to hate Plattsburg because of their dang sonic boom flyovers.

"Oh look at me I'm in the butt end of nowhere guess I'm gonna run the poo poo of of my jet"

Harald fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 19, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Famous bastion of communism, New York City

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

I like how trump said “SNEAKERHEADS! That’s what they call you people, don’t they?” because you know that before he went out on stage someone told him “call them sneakerheads, they like that”

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

man the party of individual freedom and liberty sure does like to tell people not to do things

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When you lose Eric loving Erickson though I think he wishes the anti semitism was more subtle

Meanwhile on the Blaze

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1759293965516284204?s=20

jesus christ

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

what

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007