Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Nichael posted:

it's actually good to habitually make murder weapons and give them to nazis because that money goes to american workers making murder weapons to give to nazis

https://x.com/JonathanOC/status/1758211127128047844?s=20

The MIC floats all boats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

Bias is only something that evil tankies have. These liberal historians are simply searching for The Truth in an enlightened, non-biased fashion.

Doris Kearns Goodwin giving the Obama administration brain poisoning is kinda funny too.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Biden’s approval rating sits at 39 percent for people between 18 and 29 years old, according to a Harvard Kennedy School Institute of Politics youth vote poll released in December. Just 39 percent of that group trusts his handling of climate change. (Only 19 percent said they trust Trump on the issue, while 41 percent picked “neither.”)

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
wait, since when is the sotu in march

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

is pepsi ok posted:

God I hate how trivially easy it was to tame the progressives.

They willingly and enthusiastically destroyed whatever leverage they may have had and many of them are too stupid to even realize they did (the ones that aren't totally cynical, anyway)

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Before you are two buttons. One of them says "Make lots of money" and the other says "The species might have a chance to survive". Common sense says you press the money button with no hesitation.

quote:

With Biden trailing Trump in several national polls, one of the last things the president needs is part of his base visibly causing confrontation, said Mark Longabaugh, a Democratic strategist who had advised Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 2016 presidential campaign.

“For these guys to hold a protest, at this moment, creates a nuisance that can be debilitating,” Longabaugh said.
love how it's the base's responsibility to not cause a ruckus, not the candidate's responsibility to unite the base

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Politicians are supposed to yell at you until you vote

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Seyser Koze posted:

wait, since when is the sotu in march

the House speaker sets the date, so I guess he really wanted the speech to happen early

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SixteenShells posted:

the House speaker sets the date, so I guess he really wanted the speech to happen early

traditionally it's in January or February

March SOTU is not early at all

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

Before you are two buttons. One of them says "Make lots of money" and the other says "The species might have a chance to survive". Common sense says you press the money button with no hesitation.

love how it's the base's responsibility to not cause a ruckus, not the candidate's responsibility to unite the base

same as that "make me do it" bullshit, or "get involved in your local dem party" as if you can be elected to any party position, even at the local level, if you aren't a centrist rear end in a top hat who's 1,000 yrs old.

even the libs on DU are full of stories of how they tried to shape their local dem clubs & their efforts came to naught.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder how much longer climate activists will spin their wheels trying to effect meaningful change through electoral politics.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Excelzior posted:

traditionally it's in January or February

March SOTU is not early at all

It's a pattern that has started with Biden, giving them this late.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Willa Rogers posted:

:qq: young ingrates :qq:

lol "I did good things, why are you getting mad that I then did bad things that directly undo the good things???"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SixteenShells posted:

The democrats never fail, they can only ever be failed.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder how much longer climate activists will spin their wheels trying to effect meaningful change through electoral politics.

whatever they end up doing I hope they never talk about it. (because they're probably doing crimes and they need opsec, i mean)

last year when it came out that the National Labs shitcanned that scientist for doing a climate protest at a conference I brought up in a broader department meeting that if we truly believe what we claim about the danger of climate change we should all be doing things like that. the response I got was basically "you're not wrong but I have kids to feed."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

POTUS is an incredibly important and powerful role when it's time to shame people into voting, and a totally inconsequential role when it's time to hold your own Party accountable for anything.

Look it's just a fact that our political system is one in which it is very easy to cause immense harm and incredibly hard to do anything good.

This is why it's vitally important that we protect it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

They willingly and enthusiastically destroyed whatever leverage they may have had and many of them are too stupid to even realize they did (the ones that aren't totally cynical, anyway)

Yep! They’re the worst.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The libs are trying to get Christian Louboutin to sue Trump for red bottom sneakers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

Environmental activists urging President Joe Biden to wage a stronger fight against climate change are facing an agonizing strategic decision: How hard can they push him without risking throwing the election to Donald Trump?

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/18/joe-biden-climate-activists-00142037

Let Trump win and run a green Dem in four years?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/McR1B69/status/1759626076454564156?t=utpRDYERxmVr-dZijUzkuw&s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The dirtbag left's crimes will never be calculated

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

quote:

Now 25, Obama is no Hollywood neophyte: After interning at the Weinstein Co. in 2017, she studied filmmaking at Harvard University as a visual and environmental studies major and then, upon graduation, wrote for the Amazon series “Swarm.” That show was co-created by Donald Glover, who also served as executive producer of “The Heart” and has been helping to steer Obama’s nascent career: “The first thing we did was talk about the fact that she will only get to do this once,” Glover told GQ last year. “You’re Obama’s daughter. So if you make a bad film, it will follow you around.”

Perfect career, no notes.

Anybody seen The Heart? I need to watch this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If that's true why haven't I even heard of anything she's ever done

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

The libs are trying to get Christian Louboutin to sue Trump for red bottom sneakers

they want trump back so bad. they are insanely bored with biden and they want to go back to doing #resistance poo poo and pretending the celebrities are fighting the good fight for us.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

kid needs a foot in the door get me Weinstein on the phone

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

you just did, in that post

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/novaramedia/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

You haven't heard of a little movie called Citizen Kane? Or, if you're only aware of more recent stuff, The Land Before Time?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gorson posted:

The MIC floats all boats

about that

https://x.com/durrutiriot/status/1759670976801911246?s=61&t=ekRyXxBjaNIALwWgK2O6xQ

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

Anyway if we're using a criterion like "material harm to human beings", one which I know these historians would not care about, it's incredibly obvious that Trump is vastly less harmful than Reagan or W Bush. It's not even close tbh.

The main criterion is how strongly they feel about them. This has more to do with the propaganda they heard and how fresh that person is in their mind than any actual analysis of their presidency and character.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
it will be fun to see what the British try to do in response

they really don't have anything they can do anymore, and they are politically incapable of responding with anything other than frothing rage

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Can't wait to find out in 2 hours that this footage is from 2005 and that ship doesn't even exist

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

shut the gently caress up zegermans

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zerg Mans posted:

Can't wait to find out in 2 hours that this footage is from 2005 and that ship doesn't even exist

shut the gently caress up zegermans, go sail your dads boat

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it will be fun to see what the British try to do in response

they really don't have anything they can do anymore, and they are politically incapable of responding with anything other than frothing rage

all they can do is call up their loser big brother

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

please dont use the g word here

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I tried talking to some friends about voting in the primary. They're registered independents so they can vote in either D or R. I tried asking them to vote for "noncommitted delegate" in the D race to at least try to signal for a cease fire in Gaza (the Colorado ballot doesn't have a write-in option). But instead they're completely convinced that the most important thing right now is to vote for Nikki Haley in the R race. I loving hate this poo poo.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol every voter thinks they're a strategist

It really is a special kind of dumb.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Fister Roboto posted:

I tried talking to some friends about voting in the primary. They're registered independents so they can vote in either D or R. I tried asking them to vote for "noncommitted delegate" in the D race to at least try to signal for a cease fire in Gaza (the Colorado ballot doesn't have a write-in option). But instead they're completely convinced that the most important thing right now is to vote for Nikki Haley in the R race. I loving hate this poo poo.

In America, every race is the R race

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thehill/status/1759690849867223087?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

for a while now adam schiff has been backhandedly promoting steve garvey for the jungle primary, who schiff understandably want to run against in the g.e., but he's getting really lovely about porter, who he considers his main opponent, and promoting barbara lee as well:Schiff’s new TV spot uses footage from the four candidates’ first debate last month.

quote:

A narrator begins: “Democrats agree. Conservative Republican Steve Garvey is the wrong choice for the Senate.”

Then the camera cuts to Lee, who looks and sounds solid: “Our Republican opponent here on this stage has voted for Donald Trump twice.”

Schiff doesn’t spend much time on himself: “Mr. Garvey, you voted for him twice.”

Then comes Porter. Schiff’s ad maker couldn’t have chosen a worse clip of her. She looks agitated and awkward, waving her hand, presumably at Garvey. And she’s not understandable because someone is talking over her.

“It’s a really clever ad,” says Republican consultant Rob Stutzman. “It features Lee prominently. And Porter, you can barely see her face. … It’s three-dimensional chess.”

A Schiff campaign spokesperson denied that helping Lee was part of the plan. Regardless, it might well do that. And it’s likely to hurt Porter.