Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
He's training to be a sumo wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

JoeBangles posted:

It's a belly lift girdle. New 21st century girdle technology to accompany the changing fads.

Ohhhhhhhh so we're seeing the top of it. I thought it was like too short or something and we were seeing the bottom stick out.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

dervival posted:

at what point is it just paying to be given a wedgie though

Perky chest? So yesterday!

Perky belly? 2024 summer ready!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scags McDouglas posted:

This Mexican woman won an ultramarathon rocking these sandals.

She should give a speech at a Sneaker Con that shoes are for losers and then get pulled out to safety while the auditorium erupts in a display of violence

Human beings evolved to be the alpha predators on planet earth because we are really good at hunting.
and yeah we did it barefoot. We could outrun even the fastest gazelle (or whatever animal) with our stamina.

But technology has evolved since then. And now we have shoes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Dschinghis Khan owns.

:hai:

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Harald posted:

Human beings evolved to be the alpha predators on planet earth because we are really good at hunting.
and yeah we did it barefoot. We could outrun even the fastest gazelle (or whatever animal) with our stamina.

And then we evolved to have shoe conventions and ain't nobody proud of that

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Scags McDouglas posted:

Barefoothead Convention hosted by Quentin Tarentino!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scags McDouglas posted:

Yeah fair, if you don't want to wear shoes feel free to abstain.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What's going on with the Willis court thing?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Asterite34 posted:

Christ, that's him with a girdle!?

6'3", 215 baby!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Barefoothead Convention hosted by Quentin Tarentino!

Cohosted by Hidetaka Miyazaki

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cr0y posted:

I assume they're taking the day off for the President's Day holiday

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

As much as I want to lol at Trump's girdle outline I'll be honest... I don't see the girdle outline at all.
But I'm 100% sure he wears one, we've all seen that gut.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Stoatbringer posted:

Do you have to know who Dave Ramsay is for it to be funny?

I chuckled

Dave R is a financial advice guy who tells you to stop being poor by spending less on avocado toast and so on

Did the Babylon bee turn on trump, or were they just accidentally funny

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Harald posted:

I suspect we had shoes. Whenever I see a show about persistence hunting, I usually get to see the San people demonstrate how it's done. Down to the plastic water bottles and nike sneakers.

But i still suspect we had shoes. If we lost hair due to hiding in animal skins, gloves and shoes would certainly have been a thing since the beginning.

I will also acknowledge that Donald j. Trimp, both the 45th and 46th and 47th president of the United States, invented shoes at Shoecon 2024. What a time to be alive!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Grey Cat posted:

As much as I want to lol at Trump's girdle outline I'll be honest... I don't see the girdle outline at all.
But I'm 100% sure he wears one, we've all seen that gut.

It's probably some kind of new ballistics protection

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's probably some kind of new ballistics protection

Yeah, in that it snaps open like a Looney Tunes skit. The buttons fly off and destroy oncoming projectiles.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Harald posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasqui

we forget how often humanity used to run everywhere, especially with how long it took for us to figure out the wheel after the spread of farming

(the chasqui were also most likely chewing coca during their route, thus 'marching powder')

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Grey Cat posted:

Cohosted by Hidetaka Miyazaki
Is Miyazaki a feet guy?

...good for him. Low-key I respect it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

2 amazing pieces of news that shows how important winning elections was

quote:

Wisconsin’s Democratic Governor Tony Evers on Monday signed new legislative maps into law, which could help Democrats retake the state legislature in the fall.

The new maps, which go into effect immediately, will replace ones that were widely recognized as some of the most gerrymandered in the country. Despite Democrats winning 14 of the last 17 statewide elections, Republicans have carried the majority of the districts—and thus controlled the state legislature—for the past decade.

State Democrats have tried to challenge the legislative maps for more than a decade, but they hadn’t been successful until Wisconsinites overwhelmingly elected state Supreme Court Justice Janet Protasiewicz last year. The day after Protasiewicz was sworn in, in August, lawmakers filed a lawsuit against the maps.

The high court ruled in December that the legislative maps were unconstitutional, with Protasiewicz providing the tie-breaking fourth vote. The justices ordered the state legislature to adopt new maps and warned they would draw up new lines if the lawmakers could not pass maps that Evers would sign.

Evers, lawmakers from both parties, and three independent groups submitted map options to the court for review. Independent consultants hired by the court found that the maps submitted by legislature Republicans and a conservative law firm were “partisan gerrymanders,” leaving only Democratic-drawn maps left to choose from.

Under the new maps, Democrats are widely expected to gain seats in both the state Assembly and state Senate. They could even take control of the legislature, which Democrats have not done since 2010, giving them a trifecta with Evers in office until the end of 2026.

And in Michigan

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Running is awesome when you have somewhere to go. It’s boring af as a sport in itself. Not that Trungus would know anything about it, of course, since he’d just take the golf cart.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Froghammer posted:

Is Miyazaki a feet guy?

...good for him. Low-key I respect it.

It's just kinda a running joke in the community because he makes so many of the souls characters barefoot.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah, in that it snaps open like a Looney Tunes skit. The buttons fly off and destroy oncoming projectiles.

*cartoon noises*

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1759678241281912936

He still hasn't posted bond in the Carroll case.

I honestly think his plan is just not to appeal and refuse to pay because he thinks that is a thing he can do.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

If you guys PM me I can offer coupon codes to my upcoming convention on nail clippers for the clipperheads out there. Here's the current agenda:

10am : Metal vs Plastic handles

11am : Swivel design- Will technology ever offer a greater breakthrough?

12pm: Break for lunch

1 pm: Using toenail clippers on fingernails: A devil's bargain?

2 pm: Concert break- current guest headliner, T. Swift.

3 pm: Dog nails, clippers vs the dremel. Cost benefit analysis.

4 pm: Keynote speaker: The digger attachment is a vestige of the past.

5 pm: Dinner and drinks. Two alcoholic drink tickets per attendee.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Three Olives posted:

I honestly think his plan is just not to appeal and refuse to pay because he thinks that is a thing he can do.

LMAO he has to post something like 500 million dollars in 30 days in order to appeal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

Running is awesome when you have somewhere to go. It’s boring af as a sport in itself. Not that Trungus would know anything about it, of course, since he’d just take the golf cart.

People run.... to places? Like, running down to the grocery store honey, need anything??

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Having known people like Trump, he is probably demanding that his lawyers just file the appeal, when they tell him he needs to put up a bond he tells them that they don't and to just file the appeal.

He expects them to do what he says based on how he thinks things work, and not how they actually work.

Habba is going to miss the deadlines, he's going to blame her and fire her. She's going to write a book about how evil he is and then go on the Masked singer. He's going to insult her on twitter truth and then refuse to pay his judgements until he dies.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

Won't hear anything from the judge until at least Friday, maybe next week

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

People run.... to places? Like, running down to the grocery store honey, need anything??

I mean my bf does this. He'll just run down and bring back a loaf of bread or something instead of driving.
Obviously only works if you only need to carry a couple things lol.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I mean my bf does this. He'll just run down and bring back a loaf of bread or something instead of driving.
Obviously only works if you only need to carry a couple things lol.

Sweaty dude in the self checkout aisle lol.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

e: left the thread open too long, already posted

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Who the gently caress is that?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Three Olives posted:

Doesn't he already have a special master appointed to monitor the trump org finances. Probably not the best idea to refuse to pay a fine when that's in place

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Grey Cat posted:

Who the gently caress is that?

Trump fused with Oogie Boogie

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ugh

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007