Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How many calories does a jellyfish contain?

I'm guessing not a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

FreudianSlippers posted:

How many calories does a jellyfish contain?

I'm guessing not a lot.

quote:

1cup (58 grams) of dried jellyfish comprises of:

Calories: 21
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Selenium: 45% of the Daily Value (DV)
Choline: 10% of the DV
Iron: 7% of the DV
Additionally, jellyfish have adequate amounts of calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It is also a source of polyunsaturated fats like Omega 3 fatty acids, Omega 6 fatty acids, and antioxidants like polyphenols.
multiply weight/size by like 10 to estimate a fresh Jfish.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wonder how many jellyfish go into a cup of dried ones. Like, when I used to forage mushrooms, they'd shrink by a crazy amount when going through the dehydrator. I figure there'd be way less substance than that to jellyfish.

e: oh, missed last line of course :v:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Someone is trying to break up with their significant other this valentine’s day, aren’t they

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
posting mr sausage is kinda cheating but this might be his worst one yet. i can't even imagine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IB5Rg5kBhg

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Fine, if you’re going to cheat by posting Mr Sausage then I’m going to cheat by posting Henry Phillips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G1FEV-YWCo

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

posting mr sausage is kinda cheating but this might be his worst one yet. i can't even imagine...

In principle I guess it's not that weird. Menthol is kinda just a super refined and concentrated chemical distilled from mint. That's a more normal food. But also it is a very strong chemical that you don't want to eat entire pure crystals of. I can enjoy some cough drops, but the most tasty and smooth cough drops are Ricola, which just have 4.5 mg of menthol. The blow your loving head off powerful cough drops are Fishermen's Friends, and they have a whopping 10 mg of menthol. Mr. Sausage had to be putting like entire grams of menthol crystals in there, and he did not grind it up much. It's like making a sausage with a quarter cup of cracked black pepper, that's just way too much of a very potent chemical ingredient.

And then on top of that, menthol has a very powerful flavor and effect that can be hard to deal with. Red pepper flakes or other attempts to counter the cold with spice will not work because those have separate receptors, it just confuses things. Ricola manages to create a delicate balance to everything. Icee cereal did not and was nasty.

And I can't imagine what it's like to have menthol steam filling your eyes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm just impressed that he managed to make something worse than dirt sausage

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fisherman’s Friends are loving awesome when you’ve got a cold, it’s like having your head scrubbed out with a mint plant

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

SlothfulCobra posted:

In principle I guess it's not that weird. Menthol is kinda just a super refined and concentrated chemical distilled from mint. That's a more normal food. But also it is a very strong chemical that you don't want to eat entire pure crystals of. I can enjoy some cough drops, but the most tasty and smooth cough drops are Ricola, which just have 4.5 mg of menthol. The blow your loving head off powerful cough drops are Fishermen's Friends, and they have a whopping 10 mg of menthol. Mr. Sausage had to be putting like entire grams of menthol crystals in there, and he did not grind it up much. It's like making a sausage with a quarter cup of cracked black pepper, that's just way too much of a very potent chemical ingredient.

And then on top of that, menthol has a very powerful flavor and effect that can be hard to deal with. Red pepper flakes or other attempts to counter the cold with spice will not work because those have separate receptors, it just confuses things. Ricola manages to create a delicate balance to everything. Icee cereal did not and was nasty.

So basically he pepper sprayed himself, just with menthol instead of capsaicin.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
There was probably enough menthol in that sausage to actually kill you if you somehow managed to eat the whole thing, the bright side of that is if you did eat it your corpse would be minty fresh.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

Safety
The estimated lethal dose for menthol (and peppermint oil) in humans may be as low as 50–500 mg/kg, (LD50 Acute: 3300 mg/kg [Rat]. 3400 mg/kg [Mouse]. 800 mg/kg [Cat]).

Survival after doses of 8 to 9 g has been reported.[34] Overdose effects are abdominal pain, ataxia, atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, coma, dizziness, lethargy, nausea, skin rash, tremor, vomiting, and vertigo.[35]

who the gently caress took 9 whole grams of pure menthol?

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

SlothfulCobra posted:

This is totally wrong. The Icee cereal was good actually.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

uber_stoat posted:

Jeez, what was the other sausage(s) where his eyes were basically swollen shut from the sheer overpowering fumes of the special ingredient?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I love that they kept the kettle in frame.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Deceptive labeling. It's at least 200%.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

There's no way this isn't a bit. That's more offensive than two minutes in the microwave could ever possibly be.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
But it's appended with the international sign of deadly seriousness: 6 laugh-cry emojis

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The international sign of seriousness they used was the metric system.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

stingy

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Can't believe my toddler has a secret twitter account

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

Can't believe my toddler has a secret twitter account

Well I’m just glad somebody’s been able to take my cat’s secret twitter account after he passed away last year

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

i too can move a pizza from the box to another surface in 6 minutes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Big talk

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

thehoodie posted:

i too can move a pizza from the box to another surface in 6 minutes

loving. Prove it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

coldpudding posted:

There was probably enough menthol in that sausage to actually kill you if you somehow managed to eat the whole thing, the bright side of that is if you did eat it your corpse would be minty fresh.

A novel experience for the coroner. He's a hard man to surprise.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Facebook Aunt posted:

A novel experience for the coroner. He's a hard man to surprise.

call that a cremate de menthe

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

i cant tell if that is chicken chunks or haloumi

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That pizza looks tiny.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
That one’s been around for a while, a late friend of mine had this to say.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

By popular demand posted:

that's what I figure: Jfish are 95% water: just make an aspic or something ya dingus.

Karl pilkington voice: Just be water. whats the point being 95% water, be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Black Sesame, Ginger, Butterfly Pea, Matcha Sponge. It was delicious despite looking like it had been plated directly from the beach.