Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I guess when you shut the power off, it also stops a phone from recording because if Sandwich Guy just kept it on he wouldve caught the break in and all the shouting from the cleaning ladies.

Also nice of Annie K to stick with her Blair Witch style of video recording and never, you know, sweep her camera across all that lab equipment in the room she died in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Found a picture of the Tuttle Industries shareholders board

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Remember, critics' reviews of this season averaged out to 93% on RT (out of 181 currently). what the gently caress were they smoking

the audience rating is more sensible

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If there’s any praise in a review at all it’s like RT treats it as a positive review even if the rest of it is trashing the show.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

John DiFool posted:

If there’s any praise in a review at all it’s like RT treats it as a positive review even if the rest of it is trashing the show.

“Wooden acting, terrible pacing, convoluted plot. Thankfully it’s over”

👍🏼👍🏼

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Scrotum Modem posted:

Remember, critics' reviews of this season averaged out to 93% on RT (out of 181 currently). what the gently caress were they smoking

the audience rating is more sensible

Always remember: RT is only a good metric to go by when it has the blessed ratio — low critic:high audience

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
HBO has fallen off, hard

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

A studio exec crosses their arms defiantly

"Without brand recognition, no one would watch it in the first place! I'm doing YOU a favor by shoehorning an existing IP into this script that's being shopped around. This is why we get paid the big bucks. You need us."

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I am disappointed by this show. I feel let down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

HBO has fallen off, hard

if House of the Dragon s2 isn't a hit... it's over

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Why’s she always bleeding from her ears??

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I assumed it was an extremely braindead and clumsy way of conveying mental illness

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You all are missing the point of True Detective which is that you establish a spooky murder in the first episode and spend the whole season treading water watching as the detectives speculate whether it actually was a spooky murder or just a normal murder until the final episode where its revealed that the murder was in fact not that spooky. This season was an A+ for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

are you a simpleton

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Do you complain when you buy a tin of dog food and it doesn't taste like fillet mignon as well? this was a pretty loving good tin of dog food bro

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The solution to every unanswered question in this police procedural is, unironically, ghosts.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Isn’t that just Scooby-Doo though?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

are you a simpleton

no why

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

it was a gift

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I lolled hard when she went into the research station and they were watching that loving Ferris Bueller scene again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ghosts love watching Ferris Bueller Can't Lose

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Chrs posted:

I lolled hard when she went into the research station and they were watching that loving Ferris Bueller scene again

They never stopped

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tony quidprano posted:

Do you complain when you buy a tin of dog food and it doesn't taste like fillet mignon as well? this was a pretty loving good tin of dog food bro

Dog food is not intended for human consumption, much like night country.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chrs posted:

i thought the place was abandoned since all the researchers died or whatever, was confused why no one was alarmed that the dvd player was playing against

also, did Jodie foster have a bad breakup with Ferris Bueler or something in the 80s? why does she hate that scene

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

i thought the place was abandoned since all the researchers died or whatever, was confused why no one was alarmed that the dvd player was playing against

also, did Jodie foster have a bad breakup with Ferris Bueler or something in the 80s? why does she hate that scene

It's a very clever reference

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I can't convey in words how terrible this season was. Just pretend I posted tubgirl here, except it's Smugworth's face getting the business.

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

I had turn off episode 6 and go to work right when they discovered the Umbrella Corporation's secret ice cave laboratory. Did the bearded guy they were chasing transform into a tentacle monster?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

No, he didn't turn into a tentacle monster, he turned into and octopoid oni, totally different.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i turned it off with 20 minutes left. just, didn't care to continue it anymore lmao

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Annie AKA magnetic fields but I'm not HBOMaxologist

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oldstench posted:

I can't convey in words how terrible this season was. Just pretend I posted tubgirl here, except it's Smugworth's face getting the business.

:mad:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oldstench posted:

Get his rear end

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am seriously lmao'ing that people ITT are acting like this dumb hooky show is the worst thing in the world and possibly gives you cancer from watching it. Have you motherfuckers ever heard of a thing called network television? this poo poo is high art in comparison

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Dude nobody has seen broadcast television in like 15 years.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Tony quidprano posted:

I am seriously lmao'ing that people ITT are acting like this dumb hooky show is the worst thing in the world and possibly gives you cancer from watching it. Have you motherfuckers ever heard of a thing called network television? this poo poo is high art in comparison

Lmfao IF YOU THINK THIS IS BAD, YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT NCIS: DES MOINES

lmfao

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Tony quidprano posted:

have you considered that you shouldn't spend the precious little time you have on this rock electing to subject yourself to stuff you don't enjoy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

have you considered that you shouldn't spend the precious little time you have on this rock electing to subject yourself to stuff you don't enjoy

I enjoyed it. The question has to be why did you watch it if this wasn't an A24 production?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Instead of network TV, a better comparison would be with the other recent expensive-looking cable-channel Arctic noir, “A Murder at the End of the World”. It was … also not very good, but still miles better than Night Country.

(Excellent performances, though, from the always-reliable Clive Owen, and newcomer Emma Corrin, who coincidentally looks a lot like Jodi Foster.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Tony quidprano posted:

I enjoyed it. The question has to be why did you watch it if this wasn't an A24 production?

cool glad ya did. i think i watched because parts sunk cost and also curiosity to see if they would pull it out of its death spiral or not