Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sony can’t even muster the enthusiasm to astoturf some kind of “make sure to see it cuz woman and own the manbabies” campaign. Like nobody at the company actually wanted Madam Web to succeed. Not out of malice, just out of indifference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I hate Shat and TOS. It's an ugly show with horrible makeup effects and set design, bad acting, and childish storylines that frequently saw them visiting planets that happened to look just like the paramount back lot that were peopled by aliens that happened to look exactly like humans. The music was lousy, too. I guess shat was ok in the movies, they at least didn't look like they were intentionally trying to make everything look as cheap and stupid as possible.

Please don't tell anyone how mad i am.

TOS should only be watched on a 10" Magnavox with a bad speaker.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PIVOT!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LMAO

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Guys I spent $140mil on a movie about Z-tier list Spider-Man villain, Dr. Congo Laser, a character no one gives a single poo poo about, and it only made $20 at the box office. What am I doing wrong?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

the videogame industry is bigger than ever. however, videogames themselves have turned into microtransaction delivery platforms

game indusry execs have no idea what they are doing and they are greenlighting turds left and right because they sucked out every ounce of creativity and artistry and more and more studios are getting gutted and having their corpses waved around as part of their marketing strategies.

sounds pretty familiar to me

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Castor Poe posted:

Guys I spent $140mil on a movie about Z-tier list Spider-Man villain, Dr. Congo Laser, a character no one gives a single poo poo about, and it only made $20 at the box office. What am I doing wrong?

Spend $280 million next time dummy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

stop spending on movies about z-tier spider man villains

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

jeeves posted:

Yeah but more ~TWISTED~

Dr Von ForeZZtA

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Castor Poe posted:

Spend less on coke

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Spend $280 million next time dummy

Thank you.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Spend less on coke

you cant cut the coke budget you will regret it

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
disney still has a chance to turn things around with x-men. not that they'll do it, but they still have the opportunity to fail stupendously.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

"The film introduced a trio of supporting characters (played by Isabela Merced, Celeste O’Connor and Sydney Sweeney — now one of the top stars her age). It set up a future in which the three could have become a team of Spider-Women under the guiding eye of Johnson’s Cassie Webb. Now that’s not going to happen."

gently caress!!!

edit:

"Sony is willing to take some risk but also wants home runs — that’s good. And if [Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man Universe title] Kraven is a gigantic hit, the narrative could be completely different. So it’s too early to know the outcome.”"

there is hope!!

#cravinKraven

Mozi fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 20, 2024

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

it’s a shame kim jong-un didn’t blow up sony pictures when he had the chance

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Mozi posted:

"The film introduced a trio of supporting characters (played by Isabela Merced, Celeste O’Connor and Sydney Sweeney — now one of the top stars her age). It set up a future in which the three could have become a team of Spider-Women under the guiding eye of Johnson’s Cassie Webb. Now that’s not going to happen."

gently caress!!!

edit:

"Sony is willing to take some risk but also wants home runs — that’s good. And if [Sony’s upcoming Spider-Man Universe title] Kraven is a gigantic hit, the narrative could be completely different. So it’s too early to know the outcome.”"

there is hope!!

Sony, if Kraven bombs (lol) here's a couple more Spider-Man characters who should get their own franchise:

These are from a Top 10 best Spider-Man sidekicks list.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Space Jam posted:

it’s a shame kim jong-un didn’t blow up sony pictures when he had the chance

In his infinite wisdom he was well aware that sony pictures would eventually just do the job for him.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:discourse:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If I were spider man I would simply not poo poo talk people with super powers until they become super villains. I guess in his defense it's only happened seven or eight or nine or ten times

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Castor Poe posted:

Sony, if Kraven bombs (lol) here's a couple more Spider-Man characters who should get their own franchise:

These are from a Top 10 best Spider-Man sidekicks list.

Frog Man could work.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Frog man seems like a happy lil dude

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 40 hours!)

i think we should see more of this frog man

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They should bring back the fish man who was on the discussion panel for the hostess comic reviews on seanbaby in 2002 or whatever. Iconic character, give him a film

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I remember how angry people were about 15 years ago when Dunst suggested killing Spider-Man off and leaving MJ to raise their super-powered kid on their own.

Honestly, I probably would have liked to have seen that being the Spider-themed character story in the MCU rather than the reboot Tom Holland Spidey. It would be able to mirror a lot of the Peter Parker stuff, but you could probably put a new spin (no pun intended) for MJ/May in the Aunt May/Peter dynamic.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

more and more people are talking about frog man

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Starship Troopers still a good evening watch after the twitter yapping. There's some shots that transition between CGI, model and sets so seamlessly it's amazing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mike dropping some science on the "Was Buenos Aires an inside job?" debate

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/1759605753814413706

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Mike dropping some science on the "Was Buenos Aires an inside job?" debate

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/1759605753814413706

Lmao

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Stink Billyums posted:

disney still has a chance to turn things around with x-men. not that they'll do it, but they still have the opportunity to fail stupendously.

Disney will go full stupid and try to do another Dark Phoenix immediately

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I trust Mike.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

well poo poo im convinced

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gripweed posted:

I’m watching The Marvels. I kinda just assumed that the movie would re-introduce Kamala Khan to audiences that hadn’t seen the Disney+ show.

But no, they fully expect everyone to have already watched the streaming Ms. Marvel series before they watched this new 200 million dollar blockbuster.

That might be the single greatest act of hubris in cinematic history.

Not really, even people who didn't watch the series felt she was the best part of the movie.

Which tells me everything I need to know about the film, honestly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mozi posted:

gently caress!!!

Wait, her last name is literally Webb?

Genius like that is why I'll never be a movie exec.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mega64 posted:

Wait, her last name is literally Webb?

Genius like that is why I'll never be a movie exec.

yes, and she sees the future so she's also named cassandra

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Speaking of Cassandras: Is Elvira supposed to be some sort of Spider-woman, too? Her hair made me think she was.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JediTalentAgent posted:

Speaking of Cassandras: Is Elvira supposed to be some sort of Spider-woman, too? Her hair made me think she was.

No, she has a bee hive hairdo combined with a schtick based on Vampira, an old horror host / Ed Wood player

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

where can I sign up to get all the latest frog man news and merch offers?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Aren't they literally working on a Silk movie/tv show/some drat thing?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
A comic book would have had the badguy killed by a Diet Pepsi sign but the T fell off and killed him.

We'd be forced to focus on a single panel of DIE hovering above the guy as the T is about to splat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

NorgLyle posted:

Aren't they literally working on a Silk movie/tv show/some drat thing?

Yeah Sony just burned it all down and is starting from scratch on it.