Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

hey dont hamas famously have tunnels

its not a very good plan, those posts are going to be attacked every single day until israel eventually gives up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the road is probably short term there to make it impossible to get back to north gaza for refugees due to it cutting across the sala al din road with a massive security corridor

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

wow. honestly I think the American government is paralyzed on what they can even do. they have no answer at all and I’m sure every other country is taking note that America is a paper tiger

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

ansar allah is successfully fighting the great satan

massive respect

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

wait was it ansar allah or the yemeni government army?

I understand Ansar Allah have kept the regular organs of the state going, this includes the army. As they claim to be the government of Yemen (correctly I believe) they refer to their armed forces as the Yemeni Armed Forces. Pretty sure it includes significant parts of the pre civil war army.

https://twitter.com/Yahya_Saree/status/1483286860122234885

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

hey mom its 420 posted:

red triangle, gently caress yeah! just making good on what I said before:

nice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I said come in! posted:

The difference here though is that there is no infrastructure. All of it was destroyed. In the West Bank, the water sources, housing, etc. was already readily available to steal. Israel will have to build everything back from the ground up literally, and it’s questionable that clean water and the infrastructure to support Israeli citizens, can be brought back into Gaza again. Israel is not a good source of clean water as is, much of its water usage is recycled, or comes from the ocean and the salt is filtered out. This is resource intensive and Israel already has problems making it work.

I hope I'm wrong but I can think of a bunch of countries who would love to bankroll that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I hope I'm wrong but I can think of a bunch of countries who would love to bankroll that.

The U.S. will likely fund the whole thing. No surprises.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Where have I seen this before...?

(continues to 340)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I said come in! posted:

The U.S. will likely fund the whole thing. No surprises.

Are you saying you don't want to fund the rebuilding of Gaza for the Palastinian Peoeple????

brought to you by Academi and RTX and overseen by the IDF?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its not a very good plan, those posts are going to be attacked every single day until israel eventually gives up

My prediction is that this ends in the short term with just a smaller Gaza Strip. On the bright side, I don’t think Israel as it currently exists is viable for more than a couple decades unless they course correct because American willingness and capacity to rescue them from an actual pan-arab coalition is a long but ticking clock

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The British had reverse car-brain (train brain?) in India, which is kinda funny

e: Unfortunately relevant in two ways, colonial policing and famine ,

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 04:25 on Feb 20, 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/AJEnglish/status/1759779892634202420?s=20

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

as they become increasingly demented, deranged and rabid, fascist vermin only pick up speed in their road to hell

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

im not sure how this helps defend israel against hamas. seems bad actually. loving hell

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Feb 20, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
god bless the houthis, a british wanker ship and an american MQ-9 reaper in one evening, brilliant!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol they actually did it you mad lads you actually did the red triangle great job!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

My prediction is that this ends in the short term with just a smaller Gaza Strip. On the bright side, I don’t think Israel as it currently exists is viable for more than a couple decades unless they course correct because American willingness and capacity to rescue them from an actual pan-arab coalition is a long but ticking clock

if that happens it will be due to a lack of immigration. I don’t think there is any difference between now and 1948 in the behaviour of Israel. they just never had the excuse before. plus Israel has nukes and they absolutely would nuke everything out of spite. I haven’t seen an actual argument as to why they are finished. it would be nice if they were though.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
1. why is there a place called 'wood eater' in cyprus
2. is that gaza road heading to any particular GAS FIELDS by any chance?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it owns that the americans / brits were so arrogant they thought they could blunder into the gate of lamentation and come out unscathed lol

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

it was hamas!!!! the IDF is ... hamas???

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
has Ansarallah sunk more tonnage than Ukraine sunk Russian ships combined?

Here is a different angle of Rubymar sinking (nearly 20000 ton)

Edit, well the comments say its a different ship so I donno.

https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1759705263328608504?t=9ETrNbK2aQOHSSGqRQ-8wA&s=19

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 08:05 on Feb 20, 2024

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
bad read

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/02/israelopt-un-experts-appalled-reported-human-rights-violations-against

quote:

GENEVA (19 February 2024) – UN experts* today expressed alarm over credible allegations of egregious human rights violations to which Palestinian women and girls continue to be subjected in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

Palestinian women and girls have reportedly been arbitrarily executed in Gaza, often together with family members, including their children, according to information received. “We are shocked by reports of the deliberate targeting and extrajudicial killing of Palestinian women and children in places where they sought refuge, or while fleeing. Some of them were reportedly holding white pieces of cloth when they were killed by the Israeli army or affiliated forces,” the experts said.

The experts expressed serious concern about the arbitrary detention of hundreds of Palestinian women and girls, including human rights defenders, journalists and humanitarian workers, in Gaza and the West Bank since 7 October. Many have reportedly been subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment, denied menstruation pads, food and medicine, and severely beaten. On at least one occasion, Palestinian women detained in Gaza were allegedly kept in a cage in the rain and cold, without food.

“We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers. At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence,” the experts said. They also noted that photos of female detainees in degrading circumstances were also reportedly taken by the Israeli army and uploaded online.

The experts expressed concern that an unknown number of Palestinian women and children, including girls, have reportedly gone missing after contact with the Israeli army in Gaza. “There are disturbing reports of at least one female infant forcibly transferred by the Israeli army into Israel, and of children being separated from their parents, whose whereabouts remain unknown,” they said.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CIJAinfo/status/1759573547104534888?t=RnTUnncxs2JnAmH__4F1Sg&s=19

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
No longer invited to speak, fired, same thing

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

stephenthinkpad posted:

has Ansarallah sunk more tonnage than Ukraine sunk Russian ships combined?

Here is a different angle of Rubymar sinking (nearly 20000 ton)

Edit, well the comments say its a different ship so I donno.

https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1759705263328608504?t=9ETrNbK2aQOHSSGqRQ-8wA&s=19

Yeah this looks to be the Stellar Banner which was scuttled a few years back

https://www.marineinsight.com/videos/watch-dramatic-video-of-mv-stellar-banner-sinking/

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I don't know if there's a guarantee we get a video of this one sinking, we'll just have to wait for confirmation.

Ansarallah probably doesn't want to loiter around in range of western guns waiting for it to sink just to get a good propaganda shot and the westerners might not film it or release the footage because it demonstrates how pathetic and cucked they are.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1759581368193872057

Seems normal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

absolute monsters, there is no justification for Israels continued existence.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

CheetoVonTito posted:

Wow – I don’t know why I expected the drone the Houthis shot down to be blown into smithereens. But as shown in the video, I assume the data will be salvageable

All their DTI DTA chant pulls at the heart strings lol

https://x.com/militaryeye/status/1759664774206341505?s=46

Do Reapers even have any defenses against modern anti-air munitions? They seem like another thing we get away with using by fighting completely asymmetrically balanced foes.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Dancer posted:

Quick note about that 19.3% contraction of the israeli economy: it's only annualized 19.3% i.e. the economy would have shrunk 19.3% if it shrunk all year long at the rate it shrunk in Q4. So like, obviously still bad news, but less catastrophic (unfortunately).

from https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gaza-war-hits-israeli-economy-with-194-q4-drop-2024-02-19/

looking at the component data though - it looks even worse than the headline, so still very good news

quote:

The economy in the fourth quarter was impacted by a 26.9% drop in private spending - the main growth driver - an 18.3% fall in exports and 67.8% slide in investment in fixed assets, especially in residential building.

guess not a lot of interest in Israeli property recently

Hamelekim posted:

if that happens it will be due to a lack of immigration. I don’t think there is any difference between now and 1948 in the behaviour of Israel. they just never had the excuse before. plus Israel has nukes and they absolutely would nuke everything out of spite. I haven’t seen an actual argument as to why they are finished. it would be nice if they were though.

of course they’ve always been committing a genocide - they have no “excuse” for anything. throughout times the resistance was non existent, much weaker, or content to let them retreat back to their borders - so thats a pretty big difference this time. America can’t do anything to help except to keep pretending they’re “fighting Yemen pirates” and the other side still has far more powerful allies to pull in - Israel has no one left to tap.

the nuke everyone argument is overused - people can point out South Africa having nukes too, but it’s too charged of a topic. not saying you intended this but something to consider if not - hysterics over nukes (particularly related exclusively to America or Israel having them) is lib speak for calls to return to status quo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

is anyone else starting to feel like maybe western countries are being hypocritical and don’t actually care as much about human rights as they claim to? or am i going crazy??

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fart simpson posted:

is anyone else starting to feel like maybe western countries are being hypocritical and don’t actually care as much about human rights as they claim to? or am i going crazy??

Genocide is the only thing they are good at.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Man that article about women and children being rounded up and executed, is really upsetting. And just knowing that demons like Joe Biden will see these reports and smile and saying in private that it was good. This is the true face of America and the other western white supremacy nations.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Do Reapers even have any defenses against modern anti-air munitions? They seem like another thing we get away with using by fighting completely asymmetrically balanced foes.

they don't but in a rare case of sensibility from the american MIC it's for the best because there's no way a drone could have any defenses against modern air defense

step one of anti air defense is having good intelligence on where the radars and launchers are, which :burger: demonstrably doesn't have. step two is having multiple airborne search radars operating in the area which :burger: also does not have. step three is having multiple pilots and perspectives to spot launches faster either with the eyeball or RWR which drones don't have because they loiter by themselves with one bored idiot watching the cameras, step four is being near the outside edge of their engagement envelope either by being very distant (which they can't, if they want to drop bombs or fire AGMs) or flying NOE to artificially restrict the effective engagement range of the launchers (which drones can't do, the reason they can loiter is being optimized for slow, high altitude flight), step five is reacting as fast as possible to jettison tanks and munitions and haul rear end out of the way as fast as possible which the drones can't do because they're slow and flying from so far away they'd loving crash anyway if they jettisoned fuel, step six is rapidly changing vectors when the missile closes to escape the kill radius which the drones can't do because they've got the reaction time of a satellite phone from nevada and fly like a barn anyway

e: just to be clear on how slow an mq-9 is; it has a single 712kw turboprop engine. the p-36 hawk, first flown in 1935, had a 780 kw engine. it was notably slow for a ww2 fighter, largely outclassed by every plane people actually remember and was capable of 312mph; the mq-9 tops out at 240. it is not going to avoid a missile. any missile.

atelier morgan has issued a correction as of 10:36 on Feb 20, 2024

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i guess they won't be submitting their progress reports then

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

atelier morgan posted:

e: just to be clear on how slow an mq-9 is; it has a single 712kw turboprop engine. the p-36 hawk, first flown in 1935, had a 780 kw engine. it was notably slow for a ww2 fighter, largely outclassed by every plane people actually remember and was capable of 312mph; the mq-9 tops out at 240. it is not going to avoid a missile. any missile.

in retrospect it's kinda funny that there must have been an assumption that nobody the USA was fighting would ever be able to develop and manufacture a surface-to-air missile

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
How many missions does a reaper have to complete before being destroyed to be more cost effective than a super hornet? One? Two?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

How many missions does a reaper have to complete before being destroyed to be more cost effective than a super hornet? One? Two?

how do you want to define the cost effectiveness of air to ground missions aimed at carved wooden mockup missiles in the desert :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022