Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mainwaring posted:

On PS5 is there a way to log out without force closing the game from the main PS5 menu? Yesterday I just put my console to sleep after the tutorial before going to work and I think that just left me logged in all day taking up space on the servers.

In the first week of launch I had luck going into settings and switching matchmaking from public to private to public, but now it seems the only way to force a reconnection is to force quit/restart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

wilderthanmild posted:

You should need to at least be doing stuff in your inventory menus or something.

One rando on my steam friends list has been "on" all weekend and has like 70 hours in game according to steam. Every time I checked they are "on ship" in a 1 person party, never in mission.

The AFK thing is a hell of a feedback loop. It's hard to login, so people don't want to log out even when they are done playing, so it's harder to log in, so even more people have trouble and decide to AFK.

listen, don't be upset, i just like being on my ship. i have democracy to do. i have menus to browse and medals to spend. also, sometimes i'm waiting for my filthy console friends to get out of their own missions. i do this on my ship, the place of freedom, and it's got nothing to do with pcailures folding space at a black screen or whatev

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I played for 6 hours straight yesterday and I just realized that I haven't played something that long for years. :-)

Joined the goon discord, looking forward to blowing you nerds the gently caress up by mistake!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Someone give the devs money to upgrade from SQL Server Express plz

Please, they're not AMATEURS.

They're using MongoDB.

(Please don't actually be using MongoDB) :ohdear:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

JBP posted:

Suicide against bugs is actually pretty easy with one full upgrade on the ship and four people. Everyone knows the strategy and it never goes to poo poo completely. Two 500kg bombs really reduces the threat of bile titans, as does 3 x 110s and bombing runs.

Robots can always go to poo poo and is much more fun imo.

Maxed out hangar bay and two 500kg bombs is really nice but honestly once you have a couple people with orbital lasers, a couple railguns, and a mix of personal shields and 1-2 laser drones you're pretty much set for level 7 egg missions. Overcharged railguns take out titans and chargers ez, nice to save the orbital lasers to either huck into the egg nests to clear them out or for oh poo poo moments when there's a real swarm going and you need to clear a lot. Other than that eagle cluster bombs put in some real work, masybe eagle air strikes if you want to try to hit a charger or two. One person with an EAT is kind of useful; they're still good vs titans & chargers and they give you some utility to shoot spore trees, radio towers, stuff like that. Double 500kg is just the cherry on top.

Also unlocked pod steering tonight and it's actually really nice, gives you WAY better steering & accuracy most of the time

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The new suits are in the superstore. I have seen a lot of people posting they love Servo Assisted, and light armor, so you may want to actually check out the store this time.

Legionnaire: 150+75= 225 credits for the suit and helmet.
A light 56 armor, edit: (How did I gently caress that up) 544/122 Move/stamina
Of note it has Servo Assisted. +30% throwing range, and +50% limb health.

This stands out because the Steeled Veteran only has that perk on two suits of medium and one heavy armor, as well as the pre-order heavy armor.

Drone master: 250+125= 375 total.
A medium suit with Engineer perk (Crouch recoil + MORE GRENADES).

I love that perk, but it is purely a cosmetic variant with no unique stat to perk combo. So if you are feeling extra strained on the SC grind due to server issues, you may want to stick with one for the warbond, and I emptied out most of my super credits buying the 600 total exterminator armor last group. But thankfully these suits are on the cheaper end.

As a reminder, it seems each super credit loot pile is worth 10 credits. Unless they crank that up in max difficulty?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 20, 2024

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Drone master was in the store day one. Is the rotation so short?

e is the legionaire armour the light one that looks like a green pilot suit? that was in day one too

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

bandaid.friend posted:

Drone master was in the store day one. Is the rotation so short?

e is the legionaire armour the light one that looks like a green pilot suit? that was in day one too

Green suit with orange shoulders, yeah. Honestly I'm kinda glad the rotation is short to start with, because that means I got to buy it sooner after missing out the first time.

It also means I am no longer living in suspense for "But what if they have a light or heavy(when armor works) Engineering suit!?" for the moment, because now I am pretty sure that means it is only more mediums with that. So I can save my coins for when yesterday's engineering kit suit comes back.

The bigger worry will be how long the rotation will get, once they start adding more suits and waiting for it to loop back to one you wanted. At least, a hopeful worry.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Section Z posted:

The new suits are in the superstore. I have seen a lot of people posting they love Servo Assisted, and light armor, so you may want to actually check out the store this time.

A light 56 armor, 553/122 Move/stamina

This stands out because the Steeled Veteran only has that perk on two suits of medium and one heavy armor, as well as the pre-order heavy armor.

Rad, I've been wanting a light armour that does this, so this was an insta-buy for me.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

PS5 ppl: what are your settings for gyro aiming? I currently just modified the sensitivity to 2.75 from the default values, and have it set so it's on when I'm aiming. not sure if I want to have it on for all aiming, or just when I'm using the scope.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Section Z posted:

A light 56 armor, 553/122 Move/stamina

Drone master: 250+125= 375 total.
A medium suit with Engineer perk (Crouch recoil + MORE GRENADES).

I love that perk, but it is purely a cosmetic variant with no unique stat to perk combo. So if you are feeling extra strained on the SC grind due to server issues, you may want to stick with one for the warbond, and I emptied out most of my super credits buying the 600 total exterminator armor last group. But thankfully these suits are on the cheaper end.

As a reminder, it seems each super credit loot pile is worth 10 credits. Unless they crank that up in max difficulty?

gently caress yeah to that Legionnaire armor, first time I'll be switching off Breaker in a while now.

Also, can I just say how awesome the night/day cycle on Hellmire is, from normal dark to orange fog and flame like something out of the Danny Boyle Sunshine movie.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Light armour with a high move is great fun. Zooming around the map and turning on a dime. Highly recommended.

Also if you're going AFK for literal hours and are thinking of writing a script to avoid being kicked, congratulations! You are the captain of the SES Dorkass of Gamer Hygeine.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
kinda makes you think what kinda hellish jank this game is coded upon, a p2p multiplayer that relies on a central server to only tell you number go up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The game is perfect, it's just that the players aren't democratic enough

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
What's the deal with this game?

It seems to be having some viral success and it looks fun but the steam reviews are not good.

From what I can tell the game's online infrastructure is collapsing under its own weight, is that the only problem?

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Scoss posted:

It seems to be having some viral success and it looks fun but the steam reviews are not good.

From what I can tell the game's online infrastructure is collapsing under its own weight, is that the only problem?

It's really good but they're having launch week problems. Servers were set up for like a max 100k users, not for 6x that.

Never read steam reviews for anything

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Its a great game whose backend was not ready for its success, and the recent "Mixed" reflects that fairly imo. The last weekend was basically like the launch of WoW with people stuck at login/black screens, matchmaking being wholly missing, and then connection issues ingame.

If you're interested you're probably better off waiting another week or two for things to settle a bit, or you'll probably have a bad first impression.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
There's also a lot of cool stuff it does with its multiplayer that I imagine do not at all scale well. For example, being able to see other players' ships off in the distance, real-time tracking of global shots fired. It's a little ambitious

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Scoss posted:

Yes. Well, there needs to be a weapon balance pass but the game is just so fun while being reasonably priced ($40 USD) and not hellishly monetized. Battle passes never expire, can be bought with earned in game currency, and the in game currency to real money currency conversion comes out to like $3 for an armor from the "super store".

Look at the maximum player peak from their first game compared to the second game, now consider that the game is also cross play compatible with playstation players that we can't easily count. Also consider that despite coming out two weeks ago, they are still hitting new records for amount of users concurrently logged in.

One of the Community Managers in their discord said 150,000 players was the highest amount they had hoped for and this is where we're at now.

The game is really good and fun, but it's fair to say that you might want to wait for the devs to catch up before jumping in yourself. There's supposed to be another patch dropping today but it isn't guaranteed to make the game instantly playable for everyone at peak hours.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 20, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Scoss posted:

I read a negative steam review that said the game stole it's music from Spider-Man 2 so I uninstalled it.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Pardon if its a repeat question but where do ya'll start/join groups for heckdiving?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The game is legend. Will make my top 3 this year easy.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I hope they release the soundtrack sometime soon as I have the automaton leitmotif stuck in my head

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Unexpectedly managed to get a game in today. I was still hit with the whole issue where it displays 0 active helldivers and no sessions, but repeatedly going in and out of the quickplay queue eventually threw me into a session. Immediately had a pubbie moment, too :v:

https://i.imgur.com/dFQeV6C.mp4

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Icedude posted:

At least the terminids are just dumb animals.

I regret to inform you that the bugs are sentient.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
In case anyone on PC can't see friends and/or can't join a friend's game even with the steam menu. I changed my settings to crossplay tonight after not being able to see friends or join a game and it fixed it.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ugh just had the saltiest prick of a pubbie join my game. Suicide Mission, just me and him. Down to the last two revives. He revives me, I accidentally squash him with my hellpod, and I immediately call in a revive. I start running off to do more of the mission, and as soon as he lands he shoots me to death, putting me in the 1m30s cooldown.

Absolutely loving not, pal. Off you pop.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I got a good chuckle out of the tutorial going out of its way to tell you that friendly fire is 100% unavoidable and there's absolutely nothing, not one single thing, that you can do to prevent it. So I don't get people being mad about it at all.

e: I mean this re: him being mad you squashed him not you being mad he shot you to death

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I failed my solo challenging campaign attempt because I spent three lives running over mines and two trying to crawl underneath the wreck of a tank because my samples were underneath :(

This was after I did a scientist rescue all by myself

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

The Grumbles posted:

It's really good but they're having launch week problems. Servers were set up for like a max 100k users, not for 6x that.

Never read steam reviews for anything

I mean I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to check steam reviews to find out whether a game is actually playable or not, as this game frequently isn't.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

bandaid.friend posted:

I failed my solo challenging campaign attempt because I spent three lives running over mines and two trying to crawl underneath the wreck of a tank because my samples were underneath :(

This was after I did a scientist rescue all by myself

Tank corpses are literally one of the most dangerous objects on the planet for some reason. I've died from Impact just walking against the treads of a dead tank trying to get my samples back, or spontaneously fell dead clambering over one.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It's cool, it's just not as good as the regular breaker, which is easily the best primary in the game :shrug:

It's significantly worse at killing patrols before they call in a breach / flare than the Liberator or Defender( Much less the Breaker) because it's range is complete poo poo.

Honestly the only weapon in the warbond that is both fun and good for higher difficulties is the last one.

Scoss posted:

The core gameplay loop is extremely well crafted; so much so that they've made a LOT of inexplicable and bad balance decisions that would be deal breakers otherwise.

EX:

The inexplicably accurate automatic shotgun has twice the damage per mag of the basic assault rifle - which has nearly 2x the damage per mag of the specialized variants of it.

And one of your opponents is either melee dudes, or guys you can't hurt with a primary.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 20, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I agree with the ship exterior personalization requests. The SES Arbiter of Family Values demands it.

The SES Comptroller of Individual Merit wonders what you're trying to compensate for, Patriot.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Bland posted:

I mean I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to check steam reviews to find out whether a game is actually playable or not, as this game frequently isn't.

There are probably better sources out there for that kind of info. By and large, steam reviews are all noise and no signal. The reactionary kneejerk weirdness you get on there - mixed in with people just kind of meme'ing it out - vastly outweighs anything useful you can really glean.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SES Voice of the People and they scream for weaponized democracy.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I've been able to get in reliably the last few days, but have managed to play with another human being once.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I am turgid with democratic fervor

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
verified by the Ministry of Truth!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-68348698

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014