Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/1759063166787473741?t=M9bun489jykz4Cr9kRc5rA&s=19

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
TJPW is inviting you to the gun show

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1758825235196096596

Rika doesn't look immediately like a psychopath for once.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Oh, the Up Up Girl official account just wished a happy birthday to Hikari Noa. Wonder if that's going better between them or a sick joke.
https://twitter.com/uug_p_STAFF/status/1759044793404186850

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1759917280509731216?t=WH8nri5Fwg7FmlAraVVfdQ&s=19

This is a good poster.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's fantastic, it's like the joshi version of a classic Royal Rumble poster

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1759894981635170319

some interesting omissions

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Ok, where can we get it?
https://twitter.com/misao_tjp/status/1759884581606768702

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

POM WITH THE TOAST S;LDKFJG;SLDKFJG;LSDKJFG

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Whenever they've done big group posters like this they always have them going in the order in which they joined and it's kinda cool seeing people who I remember just starting out inching towards the front. (Though as cool as it is that Namba is included, the obnoxious pedant/Yuki Aino fan in me always feels compelled to point out that if we're counting time spent as announcers, Aino should technically be ahead of her)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

If that's an indication of who's leaving - yikes! If it's a way to focus the tournament on the "Cinderella" aspect and have fewer obvious time limit draws between top talent then it makes sense.

In either case, go Saya!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 20, 2024

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Really neat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pom doing the toast thing is killing me lmao, I am dead, I no longer am living.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Happy birthday Kamiyu! :shobon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9tKYAMtm9U

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it piss me off that they are working toast instead of doing it hardway

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

I'll never get over how much Wakana can eat.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

That was one of the rewards for people who donated to Hyper Misao's new bike build awhile back.

https://www.makuake.com/project/hypermisao/

I wonder when they did the shoot for this. New gear Maki, old gear Moka and Raku. Arisu has her new HIMAWARI-designed gear, but she only had that hair from like the 4th to the 9th of January.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Every time it cut back to her getting another plate I lost it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Let's play "how well do I know the Stardom roster?"

So the names absent as far as I can tell
Giulia. Syuri. Utami. Tall Saya. Maika. Mayu. Mina. Rina. Hina. Momo. Saori Anou. Tam.

The twins, I dunno, are they still in school? That would explain that. The others it just seems like the top talent, on the whole. The only exception is Momo, who should be a top talent but Bushiroad clearly doesn't think she is. So I could have seen her in there in a Hazuki/Koguma kind of role.

Iwatani is under-contract because of the movie, Maika, Utami, Saya & Saori are all the current "major" champions.

Of the ones not covered, well, Giulia going somewhere is being treated like a done deal. Syuri? I dunno, she's an ex red belt holder, ditto Tam.. Mina not being in is maybe a little bit of a surprise, she had a short white belt run. Actually maybe that's just it. Nobody in the field tournament has held either the Red or White belts. That'd make some degree of sense.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

That was one of the rewards for people who donated to Hyper Misao's new bike build awhile back.

Aw ok, thank you.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Good poster, Pom loves classic manga, Neko has risen up the hierarchy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Let's play "how well do I know the Stardom roster?"

So the names absent as far as I can tell
Giulia. Syuri. Utami. Tall Saya. Maika. Mayu. Mina. Rina. Hina. Momo. Saori Anou. Tam.

The twins, I dunno, are they still in school? That would explain that. The others it just seems like the top talent, on the whole. The only exception is Momo, who should be a top talent but Bushiroad clearly doesn't think she is. So I could have seen her in there in a Hazuki/Koguma kind of role.

Iwatani is under-contract because of the movie, Maika, Utami, Saya & Saori are all the current "major" champions.

Of the ones not covered, well, Giulia going somewhere is being treated like a done deal. Syuri? I dunno, she's an ex red belt holder, ditto Tam.. Mina not being in is maybe a little bit of a surprise, she had a short white belt run. Actually maybe that's just it. Nobody in the field tournament has held either the Red or White belts. That'd make some degree of sense.

I'm definitely most surprised at Momo not being in it when the rest of the faction is. Mina is the other big time name I'm surprised about. Hina is injured and I think the schedule is bad for Rina. Going to cope by just saying they're not including the top people for a reason.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

yea ok posted:

I'm definitely most surprised at Momo not being in it when the rest of the faction is. Mina is the other big time name I'm surprised about. Hina is injured and I think the schedule is bad for Rina. Going to cope by just saying they're not including the top people for a reason.

Seems they're just trying to be true to the Cinderella name and not including anyone who has won the Red or White belt before. Mirai being the only one in there. Wouldn't read too much into it as Tam is on record as saying she's staying and she's not in the tournament.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

If that's an indication of who's leaving - yikes! If it's a way to focus the tournament on the "Cinderella" aspect and have fewer obvious time limit draws between top talent then it makes sense.

In either case, go Saya!

Tam Nakano isn't in it and she already said she's staying with stardom. It seems outside of the defending champ no white or red belt winners are in. I'd also be shocked if Mina Shirakawa left. She is heavily used by BR for promotion.

Tbh with two giant caveats if that indicates who is staying with stardom than the yikes is more at rossy. He would have no midcard or the best young wrestlers in the promotion. If stardom can retain slk/azm/mei seira/suzu Suzuki/hanan that's a huge win for bushiroad

The caveat being cosmic angels and maikas stable are staying.

I absolutely rate Utami and Syuri as the best wrestlers in the promotion too. Just from a business perspective Rossy at a minimum needs SLK. We have to be careful not to assume we know these women but slk might be a wrestler bushiroad can keep with the odd njpw appearance. The timing of sonny seething about her on the observer boards now to me is curious. Especially after another Rossy loyalist Fumi Saito buried Tam last week as an old money hungry washed hag in a move that comically turned stardoms reddit against rossy

Like utami, kamatani, momo Watanabe, syuri and guilia are all pretty great but giulia is off to the wwe and tam is more popular than the rest combined. It's also a pretty flimsy roster.

The good news for rossy is that I'm pretty sure he will get some of those women but it would be an epic fail on his behalf if he can't get a single wrestler from stars. Like a crazy failure.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 20, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"an old money hungry washed hag", really? loving hell. Is Fumi just mad that women no longer retire in their mid 20s?

That is absolutely rotten.

It's all tea leaf reading as to who goes with Rossy, but I'm expecting Momo is a lock and then it's just "who has been around for ages?" AZM, SLK, Hazuki, Koguma. But it's not the 1990s, blind loyalty doesn't really seem a thing.anymore. jumping from Stardom, a company with regular TV, far & away the #1 Joshi company, regularly working up and down Japan in a way no one else does, backed by a large company who have spent a lot on advertising etc, to a new startup, probably without much financial backing. I mean never mind Stardom, what's meant to put this ahead of Sendai Girl, Marvelous or ice Ribbon?

I dunno, it seems a bad time to be starting a new company in a crowded scene with the economy in a lousy position.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

"an old money hungry washed hag", really? loving hell. Is Fumi just mad that women no longer retire in their mid 20s?

It's all tea leaf reading as to who goes with Rossy, but I'm expecting Momo is a lock and then it's just "who has been around for ages?" AZM, SLK, Hazuki, Koguma. But it's not the 1990s, blind loyalty doesn't really seem a thing.anymore. jumping from Stardom, a company with regular TV, far & away the #1 Joshi company, regularly working up and down Japan in a way no one else does, backed by a large company who have spent a lot on advertising etc, to a new startup, probably without much financial backing. I mean never mind Stardom, what's meant to put this ahead of Sendai Girl, Marvelous or ice Ribbon?

I dunno, it seems a bad time to be starting a new company in a crowded scene with the economy in a lousy position.

I don't think Fumi used those words exactly, the OP may have been exaggerating for emotive effect.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Namba in full John Lennon walk is sending me.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

I was exaggerating a little but it was basically Tam isn't loyal and is after BR money but she's past it at 35 as a talent. This was literally days after she absolutely cleaned up the shupro awards too.

That interview did more to damage Rossy on stardom reddit than anything BR could do. Letting Fumi and Sonny run their mouths to whoever is listening about the women who stay while BR just uses corporate we respect what they've done for us speak is a pretty good strategy

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lamuella posted:

Namba in full John Lennon walk is sending me.

It reminded me of the old Mosh girl meme lol

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
(Fred Schneider from the B-52's voice) QWOP Namba

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I've seen from the videos how Namba gets at these photo shoots, so there's a good chance she's actually in midair.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

Rossy already has shows booked so not only does he already know who is leaving but he also has enough freelancers to fill out entire cards. He also has momentum from Stardom's success and he has, at the very least, Giulia as a huge draw

I think he'll be fine

I honestly don't know who to believe about any of this stuff but all I want is for Stardom and Rossy's promotion to succeed. I want all the talent to get paid and the joshi scene to flourish and new stars to be elevated

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1760124408788562079

Impressive to giant swing a giant.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1760137288791806421

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That loving rules.

The video in the replies with them setting it up is amazing

"Shut up you old fart"
"Fight me you brat"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Grand Princess 24 looking to be the greatest Grand Princess ever
sure there were only two other ones but 22 was really good

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Maki's ghost last seen in Harajuku, haunting Piledriver

5 Second Poser
Sep 10, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Me?

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Oh no, Moka, behind you!
https://twitter.com/sugar3flower/status/1760050945285923243

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Himanshu_Doi/status/1759900326528745682

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this match is gona win so many stars people will say its mario 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope you're referring to a glitchless run