Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
at this point being like "can you believe what they got going on over there?" about X is not that different from doing it about 4chan or any site of that caliber. like, yes, i can very much believe that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember that guy from the 1800s that lied about new power sources but he made sure no one could look at how it worked and it turned out it was just old power sources behind the wall and the new stuff was all fake

Getting those feels from neuralink

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Elon should move his operations to international waters and really get this Neuralink thing cooking

Sealand

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
it takes a lot less time to shitpost and lie than it does to factcheck with sources

so few understand this

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Ed Zitron seems mad about Musk on chapo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember that guy from the 1800s that lied about new power sources but he made sure no one could look at how it worked and it turned out it was just old power sources behind the wall and the new stuff was all fake

I remember a couple of cold fusion hoaxes, including poo poo like a pressure cooker wrapped in tinfoil

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ah here we go, this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ernst_Worrell_Keely

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Elon should move his operations to international waters and really get this Neuralink thing cooking brains

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will this brain chip change your personality to match Elon’s?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Inwant to be like Elon one day - a 36 year old man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

a.lo posted:

it's sort of a "cloud computing" concept, but applied to elon's personality. so more and more of elon will begin to live on each individual user's brain

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

me opening my bluray drive

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

it's sort of a "cloud computing" concept, but applied to elon's personality. so more and more of elon will begin to live on each individual user's brain

Musk Mind Virus

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

same way they did The Phantom, the gaming console named after vaporware

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Wokists itt

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

u dont cook with a wok? got a problem with stir fry?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

a.lo posted:

Looking into it

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

coconono posted:

I remember a couple of cold fusion hoaxes, including poo poo like a pressure cooker wrapped in tinfoil

hey, I’ll have you know that the cold fusion recipe Dan Quinn invented in his kitchen is perfectly viable.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Neuralink is gonna make this quadriplegic vulgar and sarcastic

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just don't get it, why wouldn't they want to show a pic or video of the modern marvel of a thing that was already possible without a spike glued to your brain

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Fuckt Tupp posted:

u dont cook with a wok? got a problem with stir fry?

panda express woke

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

moist turtleneck posted:

I just don't get it, why wouldn't they want to show a pic or video of the modern marvel of a thing that was already possible without a spike glued to your brain

as far as I know there's no consequence for Musk to continue to lie about it. Its not like shame or credibility matters.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Can't wait to start experiencing unregretted user minutes all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKdneOpmeQQ

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

The thing is the people at Neualink aren't even saying they're doing anything that new. It's just musk that saying all that. The Neaualink people are just saying they're using exiting techniques that worked and updating them with more modern technology. That's it. Just an old technique with more data coming from the connections and more processing power behind it. As that article that someone link said, we've been able to have someone move a cursor with their brain signals for at least a decade now. This project was just looking to let the move it with a bit more accuracy.

Most of the original research as far as I can see was checking if the new components they were using were safe to use, and what issues could arise for them and refining the method of interpreting the signals and having the patient train to be able to use their brain signals to do stuff -it is not anywhere near as simple as just thinking "move to the left"- now they have more data to work with. Still interesting research, and it stuff that can be very helpful for say paraplegics, but it was never really looking at merging peoples minds with computers to bring on a new wave of human computer consciousness or what ever the hell musk is thinking is happening.

Also the lab that neualink is working at is apparently notorious for animal rights abuses, so yeah gently caress them anyway.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so true!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

McGlockenshire posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBaconOvrlord/status/1759659659143573934

No amount of poisoning my own town's water supply fix this guy.

WTF is an AD vet? Like he is a 21 year old Active Directory veteran?

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

Lladre posted:

Staring off into the distance, shivering, "I've seen OUs that you couldn't even imagine"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Lladre posted:

'active duty'

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
bravely reclaiming slurs from the people they were originally used against

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nenonen posted:

X the former Twitter apparently closed Alexey Navalnyi's widow's account after she blamed Vladimir Putin for murdering him. The account was re-opened within hour.

I would have thought this thread would be supportive of a nazi having their account shut down

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lladre posted:

Adult Diaper vet

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

A Dumbass

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I was stationed at FOB Kerberos in 2010

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Karach posted:

Ed Zitron seems mad about Musk on chapo

good episode

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Weka posted:

I would have thought this thread would be supportive of a nazi having their account shut down

freakin got em

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

coconono posted:

bacon pilled and meat based

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/mrobinsonbyrd/status/1758877719541035329

these new ads are amazing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006