Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Delmar Glaze. Learn the name.

what dishes do you recommend this for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

kidcoelacanth posted:

what dishes do you recommend this for

Pancake Dishes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think I'm coming around on the notion of JJ McCarthy being QB3.

I was reminded, that Jim Harbaugh didn't let loving Andrew Luck throw the ball much more in college.

God his draft process is gonna be fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
JJ is the perfect Bears QB let’s go

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

JJ is the perfect Bears QB let’s go

Dear god no, He can stay QB 3/4 and the Vikings or Falcons can have him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Dear god no, He can stay QB 3/4 and the Vikings or Falcons can have him.

Accept your fate

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Accept your fate

Nah.

The one thing I haven't seen the Bears pull off is ruining the near unanimous QB1(Mitch doesn't count, Mitch was a failure in the the GM overthinking things, thinking he was smarter and not taking the QB that most people wanted in Watson) that was preordained the QB1 for like 2 years.

They've failed every other possible way at QB. I'm excited to see what happens with Williams.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If JJ is QB3 it's based entirely on potential and zero what he showed at Michigan. Even for a Jim Harbaugh offense he was a checkdown machine. He's got not timing on sideline routes or middle seams. I think it's going to be a disaster pick but who knows?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dexo posted:

I think I'm coming around on the notion of JJ McCarthy being QB3.

I was reminded, that Jim Harbaugh didn't let loving Andrew Luck throw the ball much more in college.

God his draft process is gonna be fun.

And yet Luck still managed to be way more productive than JJ and also put a lot more on tape.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Luck passed 300 more times than JJ he didn't run at all the same offense and was way more effective as a runner with the same amount of attempts. Granted JJ didn't start freshman year but Luck would still eclipse him with 122 more passes.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doltos posted:

If JJ is QB3 it's based entirely on potential and zero what he showed at Michigan. Even for a Jim Harbaugh offense he was a checkdown machine. He's got not timing on sideline routes or middle seams. I think it's going to be a disaster pick but who knows?

This is what I’m so baffled by. Usually this type of pick is because he can rip hard outs or seams or is a ridiculous athlete where you know the scrambles will work.

He’s not big enough to run consistently or fast enough to avoid getting closed down at the edge (he’s basically the same type of runner Burrow was in college). His deep balls routinely got bailed out by having a very very good deep ball guy in Wilson and a guy he could safely overthrow in Johnson. I just don’t understand what the potential here is, because no trait he has shown screams upside to me right now, unless he’s secretly a complete prospect and Jim is just fundamentally opposed to passing now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If it boosts the chances of Joe Alt falling to 7, then I'm all aboard the JJ Hype Train.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Mega64 posted:

If it boosts the chances of Joe Alt falling to 7, then I'm all aboard the JJ Hype Train.

The Titans won't need to do anything for Joe Alt. Just sit pretty.

I'm concerned about the possibilities that the Packers will not be able to pick Playmaking Cornfed Corner.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Doltos posted:

JJ is cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WRl0clL0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3tu815YEb8

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I have a better angle of that play earlier in this thread. It was an impressive pass among a myriad of checkdowns and outs. Not to mention the pass only worked because the safety played off and the LB turned his back on a trailer.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Malik Nabers should be a Top 3 pick.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean he shouldn't but he should be taken before Jayden Daniels and anyone other than Williams, Maye, MHJ

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Dexo posted:

I mean he shouldn't but he should be taken before Jayden Daniels and anyone other than Williams, Maye, MHJ

His film is absolutely bonkers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I could see that. The QBs this year are all pretty good but all have their faults. MHJ -> Joe Alt -> Nabers/Odunze isn't the craziest.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Nabers = OBJ Cutting / Burst + AB Acceleration / Deceleration. He will probably run a low 4.3, and then the hype will continue immensely.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/RyanDePaul/status/1758870600616169509?s=20

https://x.com/Nate_Tice/status/1758323293667655960?s=20

https://x.com/Nate_Tice/status/1759631391476883921?s=20

There's a chance the Chargers brass will see this and go, "Nah. Give us the bowie boy."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bowers would be a great pick at 5.

So would Nabers.

So would Alt.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mims gonna skyrocket soon

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

So would Nabers.

So would Alt.

how about a QB with more killer instinct than some pretty boy social media QB

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

There would be nothing. and I mean nothing funnier, than Jim Harbaugh trading Herbert and drafting JJ.

I know it won't happen, but just thinking about it is cracking me up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dexo posted:

There would be nothing. and I mean nothing funnier, than Jim Harbaugh trading Herbert and drafting JJ.

I know it won't happen, but just thinking about it is cracking me up.

The sound you'd hear is me throwing myself in front of an amtrack

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

a neat cape posted:

The sound you'd hear is me throwing myself in front of an amtrack

no c in amtrak bud

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Mims gonna skyrocket soon

I expect he's the third tackle off the board, and I think many already have him there. I also expect his combine to be nuts.

I do not like Guyton, I don't think he's a first rounder. I'm not even sure he's a second rounder.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A fun thing to do with Mims tape is bet how many snaps he'll see before getting pulled for an ankle injury

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Nabers = OBJ Cutting / Burst + AB Acceleration / Deceleration. He will probably run a low 4.3, and then the hype will continue immensely.

As good as he is, MHJ had a higher ypc with freaking Kyle McCord throwing him the ball.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

this is my least favorite type of prospect, where both numbers and eye test say …🤷

But there’s all this hype about how real scouts love them due to winning and secret traits that didn’t show on the field

do those guys pan out? ever? genuinely asking

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

this is my least favorite type of prospect, where both numbers and eye test say …🤷

But there’s all this hype about how real scouts love them due to winning and secret traits that didn’t show on the field

do those guys pan out? ever? genuinely asking

So the thing is, JJ's thing is just age and a complete lack of reps/opportunity. It's not that he's been bad, but has been winning. It's just like he has the traits to make the throws he needs to, it's just like he has like maybe 10 reps a year doing them, and he was decent when it was time to do them. But just a functionally impossible person to scout on game tape.

I get people who are completely out on him, If I were a GM I would extremely be out, but too many people I genuinely respect who do this, who don't just do the INTANGIBLES LEADER AND WINNER™ thing, think there is something more there.

probably a bit of wishcasting because there is so little tape, but I get it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Having maybe the best defense in college football helps with winning.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

something else on JJ that helps the "but projections" mindset is that he only just turned 21 in January so he's still got a lot of room for physical growth that a guy two or three years older than him doesn't have

I don't think I want the Vikings to draft him (if they don't trade up to grab one of the top three and the draft shakes out like I expect then I would rather they trade down a few spots to try and grab an extra day 2 pick) but it's not going to feel like a disaster pick like Ponder did if they do

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Absolutely not.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1759968900316275048?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think we're going to get at least a week of McCarthy to the Patriots buzz/speculation at some point during this draft cycle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Absolutely not.

I'm curious now

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

In terms of just bottom line production taking a tight end in the top 10 probably isn't good value.

There aren't a ton of guys who can put up wide receiver numbers. Maybe Bowers is one of them, but it's a bigger gamble than taking someone at a higher value position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh the positional value argument? Yeah, I'm the guy who doesn't mind taking a RB in the top 10 either, so meh