Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Goddammit didn't realize that Season's passes extended across platforms. oh well it's for charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Paracelsus posted:

A strange game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-THa3tONY_o]

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
the virgin pvp hater: More Arc Titan. Yawn. Boring.

the chad crucible main: lmao riiswalker and finite impactor. nice. good stuff.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
As much as I hate the removal of being able to shoot then shoulder charge, it was pretty busted. A lot of people never learned that all it takes is 140 handcannon *body shot* to bring someone low enough to die to shoulder charge without any damage buffs.

I could've been running better fragments; too lazy to swap off sparks of Haste/Shock/Focus/Magnitude. For the full melee bullshittery I'd go with Resistance, Feedback and maybe Instinct. That said, Touch of Thunder + Arc Grenades and Spark of Magnitude is pretty insane; you can insta win a lot of rounds with nades alone.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The catalyst for Graviton Lance will never drop. Maybe posting here will help, gently caress

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

The Finn posted:

The catalyst for Graviton Lance will never drop. Maybe posting here will help, gently caress

If you have a ton of unfinished catalysts I think the game stops you from getting new ones. At least anecdotally, I often get new catalysts when I’ve finished another.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After seeing the buffs that are coming to the Manticore I decided to grind out the catalyst to get it done finally.

Yeah, no. This gun just kinda sucks. Just feels bad to use, even with the proposed buffs it doesn't change that the gun just feels bad to use.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hanging in the air with manticore in pvp felt like giving free kills to me, but I also am bad at it so ymmv

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I found manticore be a fun, silly little tactic. Timing is everything, and if you're simply just floating then yes you're a floating duck. In pvp I found that even doing a single jump off the ground and hanging for a moment can throw off an enemies prediction on when you land.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Power creep has made it so that "gun deals extra damage" is a really weak bonus, but "sit in the air" is a big penalty

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
given the choice between "hover real good for extra damage" and "whatever you want to call what devil's ruin does" it seems an obvious call to me but tbh one of those is on a sidearm and the other is not

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If it was an auto rifle it probably would not be too bad, but the range on it just feels awful.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Manticore should have been a 260 rpm Veist scout. It still wouldn’t be good and it still wouldn’t be a good idea to float around in the air but at least you wouldn’t have to float right next to enemies to do damage.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
or a lightweight bow so you can feel like a worse Hunter. Same principle applies

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Don't even have green room to grind grav lance cata smdh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
my new favorite toxic tactic is The Wanderer with Weaver's Call, weavewalk immediately to gain 5 perched threadlings and then throw down your rift for a total of 8 :evilbuddy:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think the Wiven Wishes thing is cool but I find it funny that youtubers are like "don't get materials like shards, don't get patterns (get free raid chests instead), and don't get exotics" which means like, only use them for mementos? But I honestly think the Winter memento (forgot the name) is eh, and all black is kind of lame. So I'm wasting mine on basically whatever because apparently the only thing I should use it for (a weapon shader essentially) is kind of lame.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I did the Kalli grind for red borders and it was one of the most mind-numbing things I’ve ever done in this game. I hold absolutely no animosity to anyone who just gets their Apex Predator pattern out of Wishes and calls it a day.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

I think the Wiven Wishes thing is cool but I find it funny that youtubers are like "don't get materials like shards, don't get patterns (get free raid chests instead), and don't get exotics" which means like, only use them for mementos? But I honestly think the Winter memento (forgot the name) is eh, and all black is kind of lame. So I'm wasting mine on basically whatever because apparently the only thing I should use it for (a weapon shader essentially) is kind of lame.

They really think people care about their weapon shaders

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Went to do DOE yesterday for a low-stress finishes. Ended up with a guy trying to do the 4 man team for Old Friends Old Couch achievement by accident. It completely changes the feel of the game, it was a lot of fun.

Incidentally, the 2nd encounter glitched for us and the boss just disappeared after time ran out. Then it acted like we did it, so we proceeded. But then it didn’t give us the cheevo.

I’m honestly fine with it because I want to drag my friends into it now.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

They really think people care about their weapon shaders

to be fair reddit cried loudly enough that the long requested all-black shader was tied to a weapon memento that one could reasonably assume that was the only thing that the community cared about

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The reality is mementos (and event weapons I guess) are the only limited things in the game right now. Yeah yeah, my sunsets, but for real I don't think anything in the game is like, gonna disappear. Lots of individual DLCs and stuff, for sure, but it's just always there.

And events themselves aren't exactly NEW META DEFINING stuff so it's like, oh no I have fomo for a bad Strand rocket I guess? Who gives a poo poo. If you're pissed you missed out on a whatever gun that will probably show up next year and be well powercrept by then then I think there's bigger issues to address.

The nickel and diming is a legit problem with D2, FOMO not so much.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i would care about the event weapons if they were raid quality because they do in fact have some unique niches and the potential for cool perk builds

unfortunately their actual usability tends to be fairly low because they "have to" maintain desirability balance congruent with how easily obtainable they are during their relevant events (despite the fact that their realistic rarity should be enough to justify making them Actually Good)

anyway pit should drop patterns for the moon weapons and it's baffling that it doesn't

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I would love if they bumped the average stats of event weapons to dungeon/raid level but I can hear the gnashing of teeth over the FOMO and how dare games have limited events (that occur at a regular time on a regular schedule). And like, I get it, people have lives and it might suck to miss out on Horror Story But Good. But then again just use another gun, also ARs suck in most content anyway so whatever.

I think it's interesting that "holiday events" have been a thing in games since forever but have recently become an evil thing that should never happen?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Destiny, years ago: Limited use shaders suck and everyone hates them, so we're removing that limitation.

Destiny, now: Exclusive limited use shaders, one shader per week locked permenantly to one gun! We have learned nothing.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Destiny 2: We Have Learned Nothing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm buying nothing but ciphers because I'm missing a ton of exotic weapons still

I have a Good Enough rocket launcher so I don't care about Apex Predator

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sunday at work posted:

This is it, the thread title’s Final Shape

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

sunday at work posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sunday at work posted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/thetvCruz/status/1759782428212601041

One of the guys from that team from won a bajillion world first raids got banned.

God it'd be funny if all of them got popped before Final Shape came out.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Members of Elysium have been banned for raid recovs so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm just gonna assume with how they posted they definitely did something ban worthy.

Or they at least know why they caught a ban.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oxyclean posted:

I'm just gonna assume with how they posted they definitely did something ban worthy.

Or they at least know why they caught a ban.

He's laying on the "bro I was just in orbit making a build and they banned me for no reason" on REALLY thick, yeah. It's like purposely phrased in a way to fool people who don't know how banwaves work.

It's very, very reminiscent of bakengagnsta.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

what is a raid recov? someone uses your account to do the raid?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Sounds like Sony is aware it’s a leadership issue

(FY23 Q3 earnings call)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

Blackburn having to put his face on the delay because Parsons and the rest of the higher-ups were too gutless to face any actual criticism or be associated with the consequences of their own mistakes was one of the most insulting things I've ever seen.

"Assuming accountability for development timelines"

:thunk: