Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Much like the real band, ringo's gonna be the only one that's good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

The Bugle: A newsroom drama of a spitfire reporter named J. J. Jameson as a young man. No spider-man.

this one will probably get made eventually (see also: cruella)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Milo and POTUS posted:

A two-hour claymation rendering of Ringo's mind palace as he composes "Octopus' Garden" would be unironically great

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Stink Billyums posted:

the best superhero parody was the tick cartoon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sinnesloeschen posted:

the gently caress is this

It's a good day to die
When you know the reasons why
Citizens we fight for what is right!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
walk hard is already the funniest, best and most accurate portrayal of the beatles we'll ever see. Gimme more of that and I'll watch it 4 times

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you think about it The Beatles were the original Avengers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1759944124034056528?t=QTMwCW92xbKE81HxgjzWlw&s=19

Okay what in the world is this casting.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Hope you like hearing this for 2 straight hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfVGBNjt8VY

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I wouldn't mind if that became lost media

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
oh. my god is the whole live action Cowboy Bebop like that?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lillith will not be a siren until the very end, when they find out about a mysterious location called The Vault.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

oh. my god is the whole live action Cowboy Bebop like that?

It is v bad yes

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

KakerMix posted:

I understand why Queen and Freddie Mercury makes a good subject for a bioptic since Queen ruled musically even if the editor for that poo poo movie was a random number generator

But ain't nobody give a gently caress about the Beatles to warrant FOUR movies lmao

This is Barbie all over again. It isn't well made movie, it's the subject! Hungry Hungry Hippos going to be huge because other property was!!!

Awful take on several levels, but I agree that there's something uniquely un-compelling about the idea of a Beatles biopic, let alone 4. Maybe it's just that their real lives and personalities are already extremely well-documented, on film even, and by far the most interesting thing about them is the music. Their lives were always an open book and there's nothing particularly hard to figure out there. They loved music and they made a bunch of it, that's basically the whole story.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I watched the Len Kabasinki-recommended movie 'Raw Force' on Tubi. What a film. The ending fell a little flat, but it might be the best bad movie I've ever seen. Kung Fu, cannibal monks, guy with a Hitler mustache, Cameron Mitchell, and gratuitous nudity.

And apparently they were going to make it into a cinematic universe because it ends on a "To be continued" screen. Oh what could've been. :(

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Typical Hollywood, planning spin-offs before they even know if the first one will be a success.

[Five years from now]
Well, I'm surprised that George 3 managed to pay off all the ongoing story threads so well, but Paul Vs Ringo: Redemption was really scraping the barrel.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

nothing legitimizes fascism you sick little freak

Even a day later I still laugh at this post. This is the gooniest post ever.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dynamic training montage of learning to read.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mossyfisk posted:

Dynamic training montage of learning to read.

Like he spends a lot of time in the gym because he's ringo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

X JAKK posted:

Oh lord it is Ed playing Tina isn't it? NVM it isn't the same person. So that's one bullet dodged.

And Jamie Lee Curtis as Tannis? Okay that one I can kinda see.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 20, 2024

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

X JAKK posted:

This looks like an episode of beakmans world

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Castor Poe posted:

Sony, if Kraven bombs (lol) here's a couple more Spider-Man characters who should get their own franchise:

These are from a Top 10 best Spider-Man sidekicks list.

gonna 'joker' the gently caress outta this... joker

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
like if some drooling moron in the studio reads that and doesnt say 'hey a superhero movie that might suck less and is also anti-comic book' but i guess DC already covered that with bane

i want to see a man in a monkey costume wearing a suit waiting for an interview with spiderman for a sidekick gig lose their poo poo after getting the 'unfortunately we went with another candidate' email

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://www.etymonline.com/columns/post/doug-and-mr.-plinkett-6

tl;dr: the library of the guy who runs the best etymology website shows up in the Plinkett vids. nobody will say why.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I doubt they even remember. I would assume they did a Google image search and found that one somewhere and used it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they stole it from a random place on the internet, as was the style of the time

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That library belongs in a museum dammit.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Presto posted:

I watched the Len Kabasinki-recommended movie 'Raw Force' on Tubi. What a film. The ending fell a little flat, but it might be the best bad movie I've ever seen. Kung Fu, cannibal monks, guy with a Hitler mustache, Cameron Mitchell, and gratuitous nudity.

And apparently they were going to make it into a cinematic universe because it ends on a "To be continued" screen. Oh what could've been. :(

Yeah it's a really fun flick.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Lillith will not be a siren until the very end, when they find out about a mysterious location called The Vault.

The sequel hook will be the rumored invention of a device called a “gun”.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol this is going to be an enormous turd

Kevin Hart as Roland is some wild poo poo

The list for that casting definitely started with Idris Elba and I wonder how many names you have to cross out to get to loving Kevin Hart

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
borderlands humor was tired 5 years ago, so good luck to them

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The list for that casting definitely started with Idris Elba and I wonder how many names you have to cross out to get to loving Kevin Hart

I used to have that same Nerf gun Kevin is holding

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RealityWarCriminal posted:

borderlands humor was tired 5 years ago, so good luck to them

Yeah Borderlands 3 landed with a real thud, so the last Borderlands game anyone likes was 10 loving years ago.

Strike while the iron is cold.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cold forging is actually useful though. More of a "strike while the iron is rust"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

drat, they filed Eli Roth's name off this

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Strike while the iron is actually dogshit

strike the dogshit

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kevin Hart and Jack Black have been in like five movies together and as far as I can tell everyone is tired of them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

Kevin Hart and Jack Black have been in like five movies together and as far as I can tell everyone is tired of them??

Jack Black makes sense. He's playing the annoying robot that all the characters hate.

Kevin Hart is playing the straight man of the movie.