Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I said come in! posted:

How does this representative of the U.S. to the Security Council live with themselves? Do they? Like, do they at least go home at night and wonder about their life choices, and maybe drink really heavily in order to cope with what they are doing?

if on the off chance she was forced to confront her role she’d just say she was following orders to absolve herself lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"For a second time in one day: a Hezbollah drone infiltrated and fell in Israel - without being discovered"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1759991302421197293?t=OK0qOLm3PNdsITuP3Kw5dw&s=19

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1759981208857923905?t=FeN9NGB6a2mLDYHQIaEI3A&s=19

Hezbollah's work poking out Israel's eyes in the north is paying off.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

how is crashing a drone in their territory poking them in the eye exactly

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's not, maybe you should re-read the post.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Tatsuta Age posted:

I was referring to Hezbollah firing at radar towers and the like, increasing the chances of stuff like this happening instead of Israel spotting drones/rockets and intercepting them.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oh my bad I get it

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Tatsuta Age posted:

The eyes being poked out were the radar stations on the border that Hezbollah has been systematically targeting for months. Presumably that's why drones have been getting through undetected.

Edit: Oops I'm slow, that's what I get for googling to double check while composing the post.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I said come in! posted:

How does this representative of the U.S. to the Security Council live with themselves? Do they? Like, do they at least go home at night and wonder about their life choices, and maybe drink really heavily in order to cope with what they are doing?

They sleep wonderfully in a well kept townhouse, satisfied in Doing The Right Thing and being a force for good in the world.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tom Guycot posted:

They sleep wonderfully in a well kept townhouse, satisfied in Doing The Right Thing and being a force for good in the world.

they're probably telling themselves that on the balance doing harm reduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGHXMjImcc

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

They make excuses. Their job is also to make excuses so they should be good at it. If you can be made to feel bad, you are unfit for the job.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
The excuses of the liberal white supremacists who run the empire all basically boil down to the same poo poo you can read on Reddit or whatever, they've just programmed themselves to believe in whatever they're supposed to believe in.

Genocide doesn't really mean anything to them because it's advantageous to not think about it outside of the rhetoric they regurgitate to justify it. What's happening in Gaza now isn't super different from a lot of other American imperialist activity over the last 80 years and none of that stuff stopped them from getting on board with it after all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its scary to think these people make life or death decisions for hundreds of millions of people. At any moment they could turn their lack of empathy on you or me, and there is really nothing we can do to stop it.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
We are protected by the very same structures of white supremacy and imperialism that have been killing countless millions of people over the last eight decades

The people who bring violence upon us won't be them, it'll be the ones who take over when the system of imperialism fails and the capitalist state turns it's violence in upon its residents.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Adenoid Dan posted:

Yeah I don't think this applies in an army that keeps as a trophy every casing from a shot that took a protester's knee. They aren't killing someone who can fight back, they don't need to make every shot count or anything like that, they're just hateful and bored.

This stupid, smug motherfucker.

There are recent videos of Israeli snipers shooting wandering goats either just for fun or to deny a food source to the Palestinians

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

looking forward to the spin about this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Flournival Dixon posted:

We are protected by the very same structures of white supremacy and imperialism that have been killing countless millions of f people over the last eight decades

The people who bring violence upon us won't be them, it'll be the ones who take over when the system of imperialism fails and the capitalist state turns it's violence in upon its residents.

long live the JDPON

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

crepeface posted:

looking forward to the spin about this

All those other security council nations are khamas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but anyway the if and when is already happening, the violence just hasnt reached you because youre not politically significant enough but theyre going to send people to prison for 10-20 years for holding a sign near where a small fire happened

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Its scary to think these people make life or death decisions for hundreds of millions of people. At any moment they could turn their lack of empathy on you or me, and there is really nothing we can do to stop it.

They are making the hard decisions that nobody wants to, mostly because they are bad decisions.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ethnic germans are imprisoning jews for antisemitism, you dont have to wait for settler colonialism to come back home

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I said come in! posted:

It's hard to participate or care about a system that produces the type of people who hear the desperate pleas of a people being ethnically cleansed and genocided and just. Not. Give. A. gently caress. Something about a system like that is rotten to its loving core.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Al! posted:

but anyway the if and when is already happening, the violence just hasnt reached you because youre not politically significant enough but theyre going to send people to prison for 10-20 years for holding a sign near where a small fire happened

States are inherently instruments of oppression, the targeted violence against a smattering of activists and protestors is nothing new, certainly it's much less than was done to the actual black revolutionaries in the 60s. The real violence awaiting the residents of the imperial core after the collapse of American imperialism will make such things look like a gentle kiss on the forehead, I expect.

Considering the extent to which the Western "left" has willfully disarmed itself, I expect there will be very little meaningful resistance.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

ethnic germans are imprisoning jews for antisemitism, you dont have to wait for settler colonialism to come back home

I read that a large and disproportionate fraction of the people arrested for antisemitism related charges in Germany since this started have been Jewish anti-Zionist protestors. I'll try to find it.

This is not the one I was thinking of but it talks about the situation there

https://www.newarab.com/analysis/how-pro-palestine-jews-are-resisting-germanys-mccarthyism

And of course it predates October 7 because Germany was never denazified, they simply changed their targets

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2023/06/germany-is-criminalising-palestinian-solidarity

Adenoid Dan has issued a correction as of 19:45 on Feb 20, 2024

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Adenoid Dan posted:

I read that a large and disproportionate fraction of the people arrested for antisemitism related charges in Germany since this started have been Jewish anti-Zionist protestors. I'll try to find it.

This is not the one I was thinking of but it talks about the situation there

https://www.newarab.com/analysis/how-pro-palestine-jews-are-resisting-germanys-mccarthyism

And of course it predates October 7 because Germany was never denazified, they simply changed their targets

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2023/06/germany-is-criminalising-palestinian-solidarity

They have the same target as before. The creation of Israel is basically successful implementation of the madagascar plan, ship all the jews somewhere else. Hell, its now OK (even encouraged) to say Jews have a double loyalty and are all israel sympathizers.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Adenoid Dan posted:

this is often the case. jewish anti-zionists tend to feel that they cannot be reasonably prosecuted for being anti-semitic, because they themselves are jewish and are comfortable that they're not self-hating. in this, they are correct. their error is assuming that such prosecution has to be reasonable.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/in-last-minute-bill-change-power-to-shutter-foreign-media-handed-to-national-security-ministry/
In last-minute bill change, power to shutter foreign media handed to National Security Ministry

National Security Committee head MK Zvika Fogel has made a last-minute change to pending legislation allowing the government to censor foreign media, moving the authority needed to close a foreign channel from the purview of the Defense Ministry and cabinet to the National Security Ministry and Communications Ministry, along with the National Security Committee, Channel 12’s Daphna Liel reports on X, formerly Twitter.

The decision to move the oversight to the ministries headed by Communications Minister Shlomo Khari and National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir will not be subject to judicial review, Liel reports, but it can be appealed by parties opposed to the change.

According to the report, the law allowing foreign media to be banned will not be limited to wartime alone.

The law was originally drafted to allow the communications minister to shutter foreign networks operating in Israel and confiscate their equipment if the defense minister identifies that their broadcasts pose “an actual harm to the state’s security.”

The law is expected to pave the way for Karhi to follow through on his threat to shut down Qatari news channel Al Jazeera, which he has said is working against Israel’s defense interests and fueling anti-Israel sentiment.

A temporary measure allowing the government to censor foreign media passed its first reading in the Knesset yesterday in a 25-4 vote.

The only uh, democracy, in the middle east

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Very normal country

https://x.com/Israel/status/1759978005638586630?s=20

Also a good time to remember that Israel supported Bolsonaro and had a very close relationship with his government

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Feb 20, 2024

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
They were talking about this book on The East is a Podcast, seems like a fun read.

Glubb, Faris Yahya: Zionist relations with Nazi Germany

Available for free here

quote:

Despite the appearance of large numbers of books on Nazi Germany's barbaric treatment of European Jews, there is widespread public ignorance on one important aspect of this question: the relationship between the Zionist movement and Nazi Germany. The information on this subject is available, but has not yet been gathered together in a single comprehensive study. This study is intended, at least partially, to remedy this deficiency.

Owing to the delicate nature of this subject, and the Zionist tendency to brand any non-Zionist or anti-Zionist viewpoint as "anti-Semitic", all he material on Zionist-Nazi relations in this study is taken from exclusively Jewish sources. The writers quoted cover a wide spectrum of views, from extreme Zionist to anti-Zionist, with various shades in between. The reader will thus be able to form an accurate and objective opinion on the basis of evidence presented by leading Jewish historians.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Karach posted:

They were talking about this book on The East is a Podcast, seems like a fun read.

Glubb, Faris Yahya: Zionist relations with Nazi Germany

Available for free here

Lol that they think any of this will keep it from being treated like an issue of Der Sturmer

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Retromancer posted:

Lol that they think any of this will keep it from being treated like an issue of Der Sturmer

Herzl is Hamas?!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Elias_Maluco posted:

Very normal country

Also a good time to remember that Israel supported Bolsonaro and had a very close relationship with his government

israel’s most important import to south america is their right wing death squad training program i recall

columbia being anti israel must be absolutely maddening for the old boy network

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Israel is the worst poster on the website who will never get banned because they're best friends with the owner in real life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1760028431037972530

Israel is bombing Doctors without Borders again, which is something they love doing.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

You know who else doesn't have borders?

Hamas.

Makes u think...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

I said come in! posted:

they're probably believers in american empire and israel's right to self defense and so on

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
keep bullying the freighters, it is working

https://twitter.com/philippilk/status/1759693460133581101

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
don't know if it was posted but this newsletter features some stories from the West Bank that get into the local details of how Palestinians are subjected to a torrent of violence and subjugation.

in spite of that, the Palestinians the guy talks to are truly incredible people.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Interesting thesis from.someone whose own centre of mass is clearly somewhere within that shapeless blob of a head.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of center mass, remember when they said it was a war crime to shoot a female soldier in the chest or pelvis?

Because the only reason to do that is gender based hate crime and not because they are an active combatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Very normal country

it drove them frothing rabid because we are not China, Russia or any "biased" state, plus we have good transit with almost everybody. The fact that our culture is considered amicable etc does help by giving that "holy poo poo the Brazilians are calling you out" effect