Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

oh

ohh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You can sell jokers during a round, fyi. It won't feel good though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, it was just funny to see (and hurts :()

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I can hardly wait to see all of the videos people are going to make on this game. I've never enjoyed playing games like this but it's so fun to watch!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the question mark at the end of "Does nothing?" on the Blank Voucher is so suspicious. and yet I feel obligated to purchase it

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I am loving the additional difficulty, have only done a couple of runs and made it to the last blind once where I was just not lucky enough with my joker combos to come up big.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Text is very tiny on Switch Lite, but game is still great.

Made it to The Fish on my first run. Almost beat it even with face down cards just by sorting by rank after the first hand.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

:getin: motherfuckers

it is now ok that every deck needs to be leveled separately because I only care about one

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Anyone figured out what it means to get a gold sticker on a joker? One of the achievements requires getting a gold sticker on every joker.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

apophenium posted:

Anyone figured out what it means to get a gold sticker on a joker? One of the achievements requires getting a gold sticker on every joker.

beat the gold stake (difficulty) with that joker

I assume gold stake is the highest one

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

That's ... Going to take a while :sweatdrop:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

barnold posted:

the question mark at the end of "Does nothing?" on the Blank Voucher is so suspicious. and yet I feel obligated to purchase it
Yeah, that thing is absolutely going to bite me eventually. And yet, and yet...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused by the "per round" descriptor on a lot of cards. Like the tickets that give you +1 discard/hand "per round", that would seem to imply if I'm in round 5 I should get +5 hands but I only get +1.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lost a good run to The Arm. uninstalling the game

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is the Switch port decent? Any dumb/annoying poo poo?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
White stake seems a lot easier with the full version, less restricted than the demo. I haven't lost with any of the 4 decks I've tried so far. I got to stake 12 with a ridiculous set of multiplicative jokers but I couldn't get past that. I like the green deck the most at the moment.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

I'm confused by the "per round" descriptor on a lot of cards. Like the tickets that give you +1 discard/hand "per round", that would seem to imply if I'm in round 5 I should get +5 hands but I only get +1.

Each round you get X hands and Y discards (normally 4 hands/3 discards.) If you have those bonuses, you get X+1 or Y+1 hands/discards.

WarEternal posted:

White stake seems a lot easier with the full version, less restricted than the demo. I haven't lost with any of the 4 decks I've tried so far. I got to stake 12 with a ridiculous set of multiplicative jokers but I couldn't get past that. I like the green deck the most at the moment.

The blinds are scaled down; ante 5 for example (what used to be the last full ante before the demo boss) now requires 22k instead of 32k. The final boss goes up to 100k now but you get 8 more rounds to build up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Wound up on Ante 0 in one of my first games. 🤔

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

:getin: motherfuckers

it is now ok that every deck needs to be leveled separately because I only care about one

Yeah let's take it for a spin!

lol

and what's that joker on the far right, hm?

lmao

It even disabled Canio in the last blind but that didn't do poo poo

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I'm bad at thinking through things so never bothered with Obelisk. But is the optimal strategy for it just cycling through kinds of hands? Or if you have like three different hands tied for most played do you have to avoid playing all three?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

apophenium posted:

I'm bad at thinking through things so never bothered with Obelisk. But is the optimal strategy for it just cycling through kinds of hands? Or if you have like three different hands tied for most played do you have to avoid playing all three?

The best is if you get it early, and then do as many high card plays as you can while still keeping yourself in the game, before shifting over to never doing high card ever again.

Alas, Ante 12 got me

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

the holy poopacy posted:

The blinds are scaled down; ante 5 for example (what used to be the last full ante before the demo boss) now requires 22k instead of 32k. The final boss goes up to 100k now but you get 8 more rounds to build up.

ah, okay, makes sense.

lol, there's a joker that can appear when e: gros michel goes extinct, was that in the demo?

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 20, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

apophenium posted:

Usually when you pick it up there will already be a hand you've played way more than others. If you get it stage 1 randomly somehow I dont even know what I'd do. Probably try to play one kind of deck through stage 4 then pivot it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Second run :getin:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Didn't notice the thread here earlier, pasting my post from the steam thread:

sirtommygunn posted:

Found an easy busted build in Balatro:

Midas Mask on the left so it triggers first, Vampire then sucks the gold out of all your face cards for up to an extra 1.0 multiplier every hand you play. Blueprint is to the left of Vampire, and it copies the full multiplier, so at 10x my score grows to 100x. Getting millions of points off a pair of twos.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 20, 2024

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

finally clearing some of the crazy blinds in endless with this setup

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Perfect game no other notes

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Pollyanna posted:

I'm playing on a Switch Lite and it runs fine. Only annoying things are the tiny text, and having to keep your finger on a card to read its description if you're using touch controls.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
this game is very dangerous

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Works perfectly

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

the 7mil small blind finally got me. just couldn't get enough face cards in my hand for the retriggers. farthest I've gotten though :toot:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

This is much easier than the demo.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Best run so far, dead by 300 mil blind.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

shouts out to all of us dying on round 31

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023
Anyone else playing on PC and getting weird framerate hitching? I'm using windowed mode as opposed to (borderless) fullscreen. I tried setting an FPS limit and it seems to always dip beneath the limit I set, 60, 90, etc.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
First post-release win! Started trying to build a straight deck and ended up getting a ton of 3 card planetary cards and that carried me the rest of the way. Beat the final boss in one hand.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Made it to Ante 11 a few times in the 5 hrs I played, game loving owns.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There is currently 916 positive and 5 negative reviews of this game on Steam. I hope this guy makes 10 million $

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Thirsty Dog posted:

This is much easier than the demo.

Think so? I won my first demo game I'm 0/3 so far because of bad Joker luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Out of the basic color decks, the green one owns. Make a bunch of money and spend it all, forever