Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
Gold potato invasion up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

quote:

Fixed Melee Influence being triggered by Dual Ichor Incarnon’s Toxin fields.

Rip

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

quote:

- Circuit Progress Saving between Stages, meaning your Circuit Progress and Resources will be preserved even upon failure.
I'm excited for this in the next big patch (March), as someone only today starting SP Circuit and looking at all these Incarnons

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 20, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, guess I have to make some air supports now that they finally fixed Orokin Eye and Kahl's Beacon not using charges.

Oh no, my stash of 4600 morphics!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Fixing orokin eye not using charges but not fixing that it shows stuff you've already scanned when the host hasn't, is so annoying

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Psion posted:

not the type who want to grind out faction rep forever

got some bad news about the rest of the game

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Agents are GO! posted:

yeah, I know. but a good amp smooths out a lot of rough edges, so I get the desire to make one amp only.

and the reduction in requirements for the fortuna factions is dramatic, so it's still a big positive.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Agents are GO! posted:

I'd read enough stuff from people who just didn't want to do X so they never got Y to think they probably could just not launch everything in Bullshit++ mode and still retain players. There's probably some marketing guy laughing at that statement from behind his pile of engagement metric graphs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Oh, "The Iron Wake Guy" has a name. Right.

She has a gender too :eng101:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

They also fixed a long-standing Zephyr bug where the tornadoes would mysteriously stop absorbing and transferring damage. Better late than never for the best birb!

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Nalesh posted:

Fixing orokin eye not using charges but not fixing that it shows stuff you've already scanned when the host hasn't, is so annoying

I wish they just had different icons for different items it finds instead of always using the same Orokin Eye icon. Just show a little kuria, a somachord, ceph fragment, ayatan sculpture, syndicate medallion, rare container, so I can see whether it's something I care about or not.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zero VGS posted:

She has a gender too :eng101:

Man, I'm batting a thousand on this one.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Are we certain she's even red veil?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yeah palladino's specifically stated to be the speaker of the veil or something along those lines. The whole Harrow/Rell quest was centered around the red veil iirc.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

free hubcaps posted:

Yeah palladino's specifically stated to be the speaker of the veil or something along those lines. The whole Harrow/Rell quest was helping them out.

She will sell you Rell's Donda, which is the Red Veil's holy fidget spinner

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Once you fully max out a focus tree is earning additional focus in that tree just a total waste?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

The Moon Monster posted:

Once you fully max out a focus tree is earning additional focus in that tree just a total waste?

There are cosmetics to earn, which is the real endgame tbh. (but yeah, you want to focus on maxing the other schools first)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

FishMcCool posted:

There are cosmetics to earn, which is the real endgame tbh. (but yeah, you want to focus on maxing the other schools first)

It's been however many years and I have many tens of millions of focus and I still don't know where to buy these. :v:

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Mailer posted:

It's been however many years and I have many tens of millions of focus and I still don't know where to buy these. :v:

Go to where you pick operator schools in your load outs, click on a school to enter the screen where you max out stuff in the tree. There should be a 'Represent' button at the bottom right. Click on Represent and behold what capitalism gifts you!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mailer posted:

you might actually be able to afford some of those cosmetics

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

You can by posters and stuff with the rep.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

smallmouth posted:

You can by posters and stuff with the rep.

That's some serious focus overflow flex.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

So I had a big discount coupon come up and bought some plat. I've seen Styanax repeatedly mentioned as unpleasant to grind and better to just get through plat - is there any other frame (or weapon, for that matter) I should consider that with, or am I just dumping the rest of this plat into slots and potatoes as needed? MR25 so I've got a good range of stuff, but haven't touched New War or Duviri at all yet (released after the last time I stopped playing, haven't worked up the will to go for it again).

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Harrow is the only frame I considered buying outright for plat, but thankfully Circuit happened so eventually I didn't have to. Styanax isn't that bad as long as you don't feel the need to get that one extra shard a week (and you shouldn't, Archon Hunt and Netracells are more engaging imho). The novelty of the game mode wears off, but by then you should have all the blueprints.

Personally, I'd use the plat for store cosmetics, slots and player market primed frames/weapons and mods. The 175 plat that DE requests for Styanax will go a long way on prime stuff from players that you don't necessarily feel like grinding.

Nothing wrong skipping the grind if you hate the game mode, but I'd at least try it first. I think it unlocks right after New War?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

In my eternal shame: I had Harrow ground out normally. I got Harrow Prime shortly after coming back, ran out of slots, and... sold Harrow, having forgotten the Helminth even existed. Regrinding from scratch in my future :smith: At least I still have the Prime version.

Fair enough, though. I do have primed mods to gather still (and even some weird holes in my regular mod lineup - missing a few of the 60/60 status mods for some reason, I noticed). Probably best to fund that.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

SkyeAuroline posted:

In my eternal shame: I had Harrow ground out normally. I got Harrow Prime shortly after coming back, ran out of slots, and... sold Harrow, having forgotten the Helminth even existed. Regrinding from scratch in my future :smith: At least I still have the Prime version.

Do not regrind Harrow. Do the main Duviri story at some point, and that will unlock a game mode called the Circuit, which each week allows you to choose from a rotation of 3 non-prime frames, with a relatively quick reward track that will get you all blueprints for said frame. Harrow is part of this and that's how I ended up getting him. Same thing applies if you have bad luck with other possibly annoying frames like Nidus or Equinox. If the RNG hates you, Circuit will make your day.

And for mods, make sure you ask in clan chat beforehand. A lot of us will have extra copies of stuff like 60/60 mods.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 21, 2024

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

FishMcCool posted:

Do not regrind Harrow. Do the main Duviri story at some point, and that will unlock a game mode called the Circuit, which each week allows you to choose from a rotation of 3 non-prime frames, with a relatively quick reward track that will get you all blueprints for said frame. Harrow is part of this and that's how I ended up getting him. Same thing applies if you have bad luck with other possibly annoying frames like Nidus or Equinox. If the RNG hates you, Circuit will make your day.

And for mods, make sure you ask in clan chat beforehand. A lot of us will have extra copies of stuff like 60/60 mods.

I'll keep Circuit in mind. Unfortunately I'm the one remaining player of my old clan that I did a lot of work customizing the dojo for, and I don't want it all to get lost, so I haven't changed over to a goon clan. I'll consider it, though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Catching up on content that came out since I last played, continued. Today, I installed the Latron Incarnon Genesis I got from Steel Path Duviri Circuit (one of this week's choices, still a few days left to get one yourself!), a string of words that would've made no sense to me two weeks ago.

Verdict: Ahahahahaha this is insanely stupid and great, shoot a couple guys in the face and then get a 20-shot laser grenade launcher. Death gun go vmm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FishMcCool posted:

equinox (and grendel) aren't available via the circuit.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

equinox (and grendel) aren't available via the circuit.

Oh, my bad. Should have remembered it since the too-many-blueprints don't fit the streamlined reward track indeed.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

SkyeAuroline posted:

I'll keep Circuit in mind. Unfortunately I'm the one remaining player of my old clan that I did a lot of work customizing the dojo for, and I don't want it all to get lost, so I haven't changed over to a goon clan. I'll consider it, though.

If you haven't, contacting Helter to join the clan into the alliance will get you into alliance chat at least. Or poke the Discord maybe?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I'm kind of in disbelief at my kuva lich's name

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Caliban is considered an unpleasant + long grind, consider that for purchase. Punchline being not a great frame, either.
If you've completed Whispers in the Walls, you might wanna buy grimoire mods/tennokai mods from the ingame store instead of farming em.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Catching up on content that came out since I last played, continued. Today, I installed the Latron Incarnon Genesis I got from Steel Path Duviri Circuit (one of this week's choices, still a few days left to get one yourself!), a string of words that would've made no sense to me two weeks ago.

Verdict: Ahahahahaha this is insanely stupid and great, shoot a couple guys in the face and then get a 20-shot laser grenade launcher. Death gun go vmm

I got it this week as well and yeah, the Latron Incarnon is hosed up. This poo poo is not ok. I fired a single incarnon shot down a hallway in a SP mission and just... cleared it.

I hit a dude around a corner at one point. On purpose. Stood there for a couple of seconds with the dumbest grin on my face.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got it this week as well and yeah, the Latron Incarnon is hosed up. This poo poo is not ok. I fired a single incarnon shot down a hallway in a SP mission and just... cleared it.

I hit a dude around a corner at one point. On purpose. Stood there for a couple of seconds with the dumbest grin on my face.
It's so good that I now have competition for both "aim a little to do infinity damage" Nataruk and "aiming? how about Everywhere" Ignis Wraith in the primary slot, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

Are any other Incarnons this level of game-changingly fun? I honestly don't know anything about the system beyond what I learned in order to make this exact one happen (which was pure dumb luck, I built Latron Prime this week and it was the only primed weapon I had of the SP Circuit options).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's so good that I now have competition for both "aim a little to do infinity damage" Nataruk and "aiming? how about Everywhere" Ignis Wraith in the primary slot, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

Are any other Incarnons this level of game-changingly fun? I honestly don't know anything about the system beyond what I learned in order to make this exact one happen (which was pure dumb luck, I built Latron Prime this week and it was the only primed weapon I had of the SP Circuit options).

Torid and furis are on the same level of busted, but I'd also put the gorgon, lex, dual toxos, and miter just below them (they're strong but require slightly more aim).

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Torid incarnon is great, you fire a toxic beam that tracks onto targets and chains to huge groups. Charges near instantly with decent multishot and you don't even need head shots

Edit: if you're looking for a really slept on incarnon, I just incarnoned my prisma angstrom and it's a blast since it was buffed

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Adding to those, next week has the Ceramic Dagger on rotation which apparently is messed up for using as a statstick, so keep an eye out for that.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

In addition to the Torid, Hate is busted-awesome-as-hell too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm a huge fan of my Paris Prime incarnon, it fires what I would describe as a giant cleaving energy blade taken straight from an arcade shmup